General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink OH PLEZZZ...Get Used To It!

There are a few threads going around on "food" at the moment...some a little heated...

Now I know we all...or most of us...fall back into our old ways from time to time. However, I also know that many of us have "learned" to take some of those old ways and not make them our norm....even if we back slide from time to time.

My pizza used to be X-Tra Large...double pepperoni...now I usually have a plain cheese, spinach, or margarita pizza...usually...and never! x-tra pepperoni!

My burger used to be loaded with cheese and bacon...now most of the time...no bacon or cheese...loaded with tomatoes and lettuce...and it is almost always on a whole wheat bun.

My bacon used to be thick...maple...greasy...now...most of the time it is turkey...

My kielbasa used to be beef...greasy-greasy beef...now it's turkey.

Maybe some of these choices are not that good...but they are better...and you know what?...

I got used to it!!...and LIVED

How about you? Have you got used to something...good for you?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-16-2009 at 11:40 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Now I only eat ice cream once a week instead of every night.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I've gotten use to plain oats or oats with fresh fruit. Before I would eat instant oatmeal with like a ton of butter but not anymore and...I got use to it and lived too
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Yes! Definitely. We always make our "bad" choices with good in mind! Our pizza is a frozen thin crust from California Pizza Kitchen - we've read all the labels and know which ones we can and can't eat and we get the ones we can! We aren't missing out on anything, we still get our easy dinner fix without having to do anything much different.

Same with fast food- we love our burgers! We did the reading and found that the least of the evils was a Whopper, no mayo from Burger King. This is what we'll get when we need our fast food kick.

And the food that I had to get used to the most, but now love - brown rice. I hated it at first but now I love it and it's a treat.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post

And the food that I had to get used to the most, but now love - brown rice. I hated it at first but now I love it and it's a treat.
Angie and I had brown rice with our grilled chicken and peach/mango salsa tonight...I too...have fallen in love with it compared to white rice!

oh and thanks for the "back-up"
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I learned that I loved yogurt because I tried it~LOL~I always just thought it was suppose to be good for ya so It would suck But Vanilla yogurt especially Is awesome~YUM YUM
And...................

I learned to eat boca burgers in place of most of my hamburgers.

oscar myers 40 calorie fat free hot dogs~In place of My kahns 150 calorie hotdogs. taste about the same to me.

I learned Little debbies was my enemy ~HAHAHA~especially zebra cakes~haven't ate one in over 7 months....And proboly never will again~

Also learned to substitute Sugar free pudding in for all my chocolate cravings.

The reeses cup just aint worth it.~aint had one of them for 8 months. And proboly never will again either.

Anyways~we all got changes that we live with and love & hate.
It's like marriage~Love & hate....Mostly love but hate from time to time LOL
We learn to live with those changes and some we hate hate hate But we love the results especially
(The marriage thing was just a joke~but a good one I thought~because It could be true ~hahahaha I wouldn't know I have "ONLY" been married for 16 years ~hahahaha)

Last edited by Lori259; 07-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yup. I realized recently that soft white dinner rolls and sandwich buns are no longer at all appealing and in fact I find them kinda gross now.

I like my grains hearty and chewy now! No tolerating involved because now I prefer them that way I don't even want white rice anymore.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 07-16-2009 at 11:27 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

- I make my pizzas with wheat tortillas, sugar free sauce, 2% mozz. cheese, and turkey pep. and lottttts of veggies (broiled) and no longer crave Papa Johns while watching UK bball games!!

-I cook my popcorn on the stove and can flavor with whatever I want to satisfy whatever taste it is I am crazing (sweet, spicy..). Beats the extra butter microwave popcorn!

-Im a sucker for broc. cheese cass. but can now say I can also grub on steamed broc. with a slice of 2% or fat free cheese just as easily!

-I love turkey anything!!! Hotdogs, burgers, meatballs, polish sausage, bacon, sausage, chili, ...............

-I also figured out that you dont 3 Tbs of butter to cook squash on the stove :| It can get that perfect taste steamed in some water with a little sqritz of spray butter on the top
Same goes for quesidillas, sounds verry unhealthy but load that bad boy up with veggies, chicken and black beans and use spray butter instead of the real deal and you got yourself something truely amazing!!!

----And my number ONE substitute os BAJA BOBS SUGAR FREE MARGARITA MIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Original has 0 cal per serving and strawberry has I believe 5? Either way, muchh less than any others!
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #9  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

honestly, i haven't "learned" to like new foods, because i grew up eating healthy, delicious food. i think that was part of the reason that when i went to college, i started eating greasy, delicious food all the time.

i *have* learned, however, to eat the greasy stuff wayyyy less frequently (once or twice a month). if i deprive myself, i'll only want it more.

there was a great book that i read when i was in high school (maybe written by a Buddhist monk?) that talked about how if you deprive your body/mind of what it wants, it won't stop until it gets it. meaning, if you really, really want some good chocolate, and you try to fulfill that craving with a carrot, your mind/body is not going to stop until you get that chocolate.

it makes me feel better about quickly satisfying my cravings and moving on. i want some ice cream? ok, have a teeny bowl and then stop thinking about it.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I make my own pizza & dough, so I know exactly what goes in and on it.

I make my own potstickers, with kale & ground turkey and very little oil (they are mostly steamed).

I make most of my own food and finds it tastes better (and I can eat more with fewer calories) than what I'd get in a restaurant.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #11  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

oooooh potstickers.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #12  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Wheat bread,pasta,rice
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I don't eat my hot dogs (Turkey Dogs) on a bun, I use a Carb Balance tortilla that has a lot of fiber in it. If I were counting points, I can have the whole dog and tortilla for the same amount that only the bun is the traditional way. I also eat my boca burger that way.

It is truly a lifestyle--- not just a diet.

I have not given up the things I really love or that work for my family--- I have just tweaked them a little.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #14  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Perfect timing Gary... I just posted my 'last meal' over on that other thread...
Now back to regular programming...

I finally, after all this time, have gotten used to green veggies... eating different ones every week now... no longer have 'talk myself into eating them'.
I also find myself craving my plain yogurt, fresh blueberry, strawberry, and peach mixture, like I would chocolate... Yummy..

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-17-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #15  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I'm still an "all things in moderation" kinda gal. Now, there are some foods I eat very, very rarely, but I can't think of any food that I completely gave up when I changed my lifestyle.

Like many others, I eat healthy whole foods most of the time, but I don't sweat the occasional meal out, treat, or glass of red wine or dark chocolate
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote