Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #1  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Stuck on a plateau...

I have been stuck on this plateau for almost two weeks. Any advice??? I am so irritated!!
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedge View Post

I have been stuck on this plateau for almost two weeks. Any advice??? I am so irritated!!
You just have to keep drinking your water and eating right and than you will break through this. Your fat cell is just storing the water since the fat is gone. So just stick to the plan and you should see a big difference on the scale next WI. And add more excercise and that help also.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofsc View Post
You just have to keep drinking your water and eating right and than you will break through this. Your fat cell is just storing the water since the fat is gone. So just stick to the plan and you should see a big difference on the scale next WI. And add more excercise and that help also.
Adding a tad bit more protein could help also... maybe add an extra HNS for a couple of days or an extra chicken breast just to get you over that "hump" so to speak. Trust me... it works.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5

Another thought...Brad, my favorite consultant at the center I used to go to, always suggested mixing up my food during plateaus...for instance start using beans for your carb instead of 40 cal bread...and dropping out the hard cheese.

I also agree with the more protein comment...I do that as well!

Good Luck it will get better!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Dedge-
Drop the beef 2x a week, ditto what thelish says about dropping the hard cheese, no creamies, no replacement bars or shakes, make sure you are getting your 2 tsp of oil though. Cottage cheese is a bit higher in sodium, so try cutting that too. I replaced bread with melba toast. It is MRC bare bones for a week. Don't exercise more than usual. Drink your water--half your body weight. Oh and stay off your home scale!!!!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #6  

msim... You sound like a drill sgt! Will you be my MRC Counselor?? LOL

I never eat from the column that has beef in it... I guess if I had to I would... but I dont HAVE to. ya know? I prefer to cook my own beef and I am too lazy to start the grill up. Plus I beat the holy heck out of it to tenderize it... lol. I do my chicken that way too though. And I never drink creamies. Granted I don't buy MRC products... I use Nectar stuff.
anywho.

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-16-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

have you tried having Fish 2 times a week as it is lower in cals.
Egg whites instead of eggs with yolks for breakfast.....no cheese
Max out your HNS as the others said.

Oh and if you have the cookbook in the back they have the carb amount for the foods we are allowed. You could choose some lower carb foods like....if you have a choice between mushrooms and tomatos.....tomatos are higher in carbs so go for the Mushrooms. It will really make a difference if you are looking at the fruits. Apples are higher than berries. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited by jeweliek; 07-16-2009 at 01:14 PM.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #8  
Walk By Faith †

I dont like fish. I am mixing things up though. I am starting to wonder if I am retain A LOT of water. Today is my 3rd day with 128 ounces. Im not going to expect a loss tomorrow, but hopefully by next week that stupid scale with move. I am so bad about not getting on the scale!! I will put it away. Its just routine to check it everyday, Im gonna try to stay off it for a week.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherdwn View Post
msim... You sound like a drill sgt! Will you be my MRC Counselor?? LOL

I never eat from the column that has beef in it... I guess if I had to I would... but I dont HAVE to. ya know? I prefer to cook my own beef and I am too lazy to start the grill up. Plus I beat the holy heck out of it to tenderize it... lol. I do my chicken that way too though. And I never drink creamies. Granted I don't buy MRC products... I use Nectar stuff.
anywho.
Why absolutely I will asherdown!

I know Dedge knows exactly what to do, but sometimes we all need a little bit of feedback. She and I were both looking at the month of July to 'git er done' and sadly the month of July wasn't not given notice of that! In the end, it really isn't going to matter what day I weighed in at 199, or she gets to 203, we are going to get there when we get there.

I look at where I was just a few months ago and how much of a transformation has been made and how much more I will change before this process is complete.

Now drop and give me 20--and drink your water!!!! lol
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/178/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow! I really need to read all of these posts! Very helpful! I'm pretty much in the same situation as Dedge. Thank you all for posting great ideas!
lookingforaloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #11  

Msim:
Asherdwn is actually short for ashley dawn. lol. It does look like asherdown though. lol.
Oh, believe me. I have been drinking my water like crazy today. I started taking MSM yesterday and I think it has released toxins and past medications that were stored in my joints cause I feel absolutely horrible today. It says that to get rid of the toxins you have to drink twice as much water as you normally would ...helloo?? Thats like 240oz!! I felt like I needed to sweat and maybe that would help to get rid of some of the toxins so I went and walked... in this heat. I did take my water with me though. I feel a teeny weeny bit better... I just want it to be over with so I can feel good again. ugh. lol.

lookingforaloss: you are doing amazing! just look at your numbers!

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-16-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedge View Post

Dedge, these are all great suggestions and I really agree everyone. I know from experience that a 2 week plateau is very frustrating and really makes you start to question the plan. I began to think I would be stuck at 20 lb loss forever and that the diet wouldn't work for me but it did, the scale did finally move and I was rewarded for my patience. You will be too. Hang in there as this too shall pass as the old saying goes. The less you look at the scale the better b/c not seeing a loss will only frustrate you and potentially make you resort to bad stuff. Just remain confident that if you stick to it like glue, don't deviate a bit and don't weigh yourself at home, when you do go to your next WI I bet you'll see a change. Have them measure you or do the Tanita so you see the progress there as well. Whatever you do, just keep keepin on :0)
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:49 PM   #13  
Walk By Faith †

Talking

*sigh*
I know I still havent lost. I have not "cheated" once...but I have had 128 ounces of water for the past 3 days. Im thinking its water retention. I have decided that when it comes off it comes off....I'll just keep on truckin'. I've come to far to give in to the "evil" food. You are all very encouraging and this REALLY helps. Suppose to WI today, not expecting a loss. they want me to start mediquick...buti can afford to right now. So...its gonna be a long week! Till payday.
Good in=good out/trying=success
Bad in=bad out/giving up=failure
Here's to this Plateau!! Naner naner naner...Im not giving up!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #14  

haha! Great attitude Dedge!

naner. lol .
Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #15  
Walk By Faith †

Down one...FINALLY.