Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:58 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters

Greetings everyone!!!!
If you are new to this thread, we would love to have you "talk" here. We all want to eat and be healthier. Come on and join in our fun!!!

This group has been quiet for the last few days. What's going on with everyone?????

I've been trying to recover from moving our son into another apartment. It rained all last weekend (and all this week, so far) so that didn't make moving easy. It's difficult to move a love seat to a van in the rain. So, you wait till it stops raining for just a few seconds. Then, you wait and move more furniture between downpours.
Then, you wait till you can move it upstairs to the new apartment.
And, I'm not used to heavy labor. I've been sick since Sunday, not to mention bruises and sore muscles.
Poor Me!!!

Okay, I've told y'all my sob story. Can anyone top that? What's been going on???

Tina
145 personal goal
p.s. I didn't lose a pound either this weekend.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:16 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Tina, thanks for starting the new thread. I hope you are getting some rest from the big move. I bet that was fun moving in the rain.

Well, I have news. I'm getting a new knee!! I'm soooooo excited. I will have a partial knee replacement. I will be able to work in my garden and ride my horses again. Things that I haven't done in sooooo long!

It's raining here! It's a dreary day. The cold front blew in and so it's that wet cold.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Susan
Old 10-24-2002, 10:46 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Oh, Susan, that is wonderful about your knee. Although, I've never heard of a partial knee replacement. Can you explain that to us!

I didn't weigh in today. I've had such water retention from drinking too many colas. Today, I've been drowning myself in water. I hope that helps.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Tina
Old 10-25-2002, 10:39 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Okay, where is everyone?
It was a rainy Friday morning but a nice afternoon. I started out OP but ended up eating a piece of chocolate pie that wasn't really that good. I blew my points out of the water over a crummy piece of pie. I know, I know, I know better. It's just been a rough week.
Hopefully, tomorrow we'll get our son all moved into his new apt. It would've been soooo easy if it hadn't been in the monsoon season.

How is everyone?????????

Tina
Old 10-26-2002, 08:18 AM   #5  
Susan

Talking

Hi Everyone,

Where is everyone? It's been really quiet around here. Please post when you can because we miss you!! At least let us know you are ok.

Tina, I'm so excited about the partial knee replacement. The cool thing about partial replacement is that they will go in and only repair what is damaged. No muscles are cut so the recovery time will be much quicker. They will send a Physical therapist out to the house to work with me and to remove the staples. I think that's pretty neat..... instead of me going there. I'll be off work for a couple of weeks, so I'm thinking around the Christmas holidays. Here is a website about it and where I am going.... www.tcjr.com

I'm really struggling with my weight loss. I'm good for a part of a day and then blow it. I know I can do this!!!

Hope you get your son moved Tina! The weather here is damp and chilly. It actually feels like fall .... for the time being. You know Texas so it won't last long.

Susan
Old 10-27-2002, 07:07 PM   #6  

I'm here! I'm here!

Busy lives we live!!! Thursday night was a parade in town, Friday was the last home football game (we won in overtime, and we may be going to the playoffs, haven't heard yet), Satuday morning we left at 5;30 for the Univ. of Michigan football game. We've been home about an hour.

The game was neat even though Michigan lost. It was the 6th largest crowd they had ever had in that stadium 110,569 (give or take a few! lol)

I was more interested in the bands. The percussion section was so awesome! Tim was sitting on the edge of his seat watching them.

We stayed overnight at a town about an hour north of Ann Arbor, there is an outlet mall there. We hit the mall last night. This morning we got up and drove into Frankenmuth. It is an old German town with LOTS OF SHOPS!!!!!!! The world's largest Christmas store is also there (Bronner's), but we didn't go to it. We've been there many times.

Wanted to check in with everyone, and now I need to get the suitcase unpacked, and read the paper. Then I'm going to bed!!!

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 10-27-2002, 09:25 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,

Yea!!! We got our son all moved into his new apt. It didn't rain today!!!!! The men carried the last boxes of stuff and I swept and vacuumed the old apt. It was kind of sad leaving it since it wwas his very first apartment. We got all the new boxes settled in the new apt. Then, our son treated us to a Pizza Hut pizza. Yummy!
Tomorrow I start back OP. journaling, drinking water, exercising, the whole thing.

Tammy--you had a busy weekend. I'm glad you enjoy that game. I don't think I could've stayed out of that Christmas store. I'm in the mood for holidays now.

Susan, thank you for explaining more about your upcoming surgery. It's amazing what they can do now to cut down on incisions, pain and time off work. I know that you'll be glad to get rid of your pain and be able to walk around normally.
Keep us informed as to when you'll have it done.

How is everybody else?

Tina
145 personal goal
Old 10-31-2002, 06:58 AM   #8  
Susan

Sorry I haven't written in a couple of days. I'm been busy and this time change is NOT agreeing with me. I'm falling asleep on the couch early and getting up way to early!!! It has to stop.

Well, the big day is Dec. 11. I finally scheduled it. I have to go to a class and all of the pre op stuff over the Thanksgiving holidays. I should be able to return shortly after Christmas break, like new. However, I'm having a kinds of weird emotions... one minute I'm happy, the next I'm scared and at times feeling sorry for myself. Not sure what that's all about but I do know TOM is just around the corner too, so I'm sure it all plays a part. Be THANKFUL you don't have to be around me right now.

I'm taking tomorrow off to go to San Antonio for the babies batispm. Of course... I'm the Godmother and quiet proud of the fact. It will be nice getting to be a home. Mom will spoil me some.

Have a great day! (I'll be in a better mood next time I write.)

Susan
Old 10-31-2002, 08:43 PM   #9  

I agree about the time change thing! Also, going away last weekend really wore me out. I'd like to get some rest this weekend, but I don't think it will happen.

Band plays at state contest tomorrow night. Saturday I am chaperoning the band to the football playoffs. It is a 3 hour bus ride one way. Talk about comfortable. We'll be riding on a luxurious school bus! lol

Not sure what is planned for Sunday, but I'm sure there is something. Always is.

No loss this morning, but no gain either. That's a good thing.

Tina, that has to be a relief getting him moved. And Pizza Hut pizza? Yummy!!

Susan, glad you have it scheduled. You'll be up and running marathons in no time!!

Take care everyone!!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:58 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

How was Halloween at everyone's houses? We had lots of kids this year. I think someone down our street had a big party and they all came by. They were all dressed really cute. Then, my great-nephews and neice came by. The boys are 5 now and really into getting candy.

Susan, You can come down and be around me any time. Congratulations on being a God Mother.

Tammy, you better slow down, girl.

Where's everyone else???????

Tina
Old 11-01-2002, 07:13 AM   #11  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

No WI for me this week. Too busy! And not too sure about next week either. Oh well, I will get back with it. Not a very good week last week and this week end we are going away for our anniv. so I won't do real well either. But I WILL get back with it! Hope everyone has a good week end. Good Luck at th e scales too...Sis
Old 11-01-2002, 09:37 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Sis---Happy Anniversary!!! which one is it?

I hope you have a blast on your trip.
Maybe you'll get some exercise and that will help conteract any extra eating.

How was y'all's Halloween? Did you eat the left-overs?
I threw ours out. I know it was a blow to my husband because he loves Almond Joys. But, it had to be done. Right!

I hope everyone can make it through this Friday. The weekend is just a few hours away.

Susan--- are you hanging in there?

Tina
145 personal goal (getting there slowly)
Old 11-03-2002, 12:49 PM   #13  

Default Hi everyone

Seems like everyone is busy busy busy and boy can I understand that. Every fall I seem to end up going to work, coming home and do work stuff, sleeping. This year I am attempting to keep going to acquacise and walking.

This year they added Kickboxing aquacise....Im sure I earn 7-9 points after one of those workouts.

While I am still doing all the right things , weight loss has slowed down......I know I shouldnt complain but Im an impatient person. October was better. I find its a struggle to eat at the bottom of my scale now like I have from the very beginning.

Anyone check out the ww site. A while back there was a great chocolate chocolate cheesecake recipe. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...it was great...but I dont think you benefit much when you eat the entire batch in 2 days. LOL

Hopefully Im back for good. Nice to see you all are doing well.

Kady
start weight 268
present weight 188
goal weight 175 and down ....havent set it yet
Old 11-04-2002, 10:38 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Did everyone have a good weekend? We went to East Texas to see my best friend and husband. She met her husband over the internet. Thankfully, he wasn't a mass murderer--he's a good guy.
It rained all weekend but that didn't stop us from having fun. They watch what they eat so it wasn't hard to stay within point range. We did splurge and use some frozen berries they'd picked and made a cobbler and serve it with Healthy Choice ice cream. Ooooh, that was so good.

What's going on with everyone?

Tina
Old 11-05-2002, 08:36 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

Well, I was in San Antonio for the weekend. I had a great time but ate and drank too much. It was fun seeing my family. We stayed up late and laughed about everything. It's great being with family!!!

One of my friends and I are going to start helping each other and holding each other accountable. We eat lunch together so it will make it much easier. We went and weighed in the nurse's office today. We are going to weigh each week. The nurse is going to track our weight for us. We made her promise not to tell anyone. We plan to be at least 10 pounds lighter by
Christmas.

Tina, it sounds like you had a blast this weekend.

have a great evening.
Susan
Closed Thread