Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #1  

Default Losing weight in 1 month.

Alright everyone. I'm not newbie at this, but for personal reasons I want some back up on this.

I'm 2 meters tall, and I use to weigh 130 kg's. 6 months ago I took off 35 kg's and is now on 95 kg. I'd like to take off another 5-10 kg's before mid August.

The way I'm think of doing about this is to eat chicken and egg's, maybe some vege's exclusively. This means I'll pretty much only take in protein. Not only does it help on the hunger, but its good for my muscles as well (workout 4 times a week, weightlifting). I take Omega 3 and 6 supplements to make sure my fat processing is max'd (thats one of the main benefits of those fish oils).

Not only that, to INSURE success, I'll stay on 500-800 kcals pr day. Mathematically this should get me to my goal, and maybe even beyond.

However I'm not sure if the body can live sole on protein and very little carb's and fat.

So I ask you here... Is my above plan in the green? (I know its not healthy exactly healthy to lightly starve one self for a month, but I can worry about being completely healthy again once I'm done)
Thedane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Probably would work. I mean, ANY severe calorie restriction will work. And most likely fail, because your last line, about worrying about being completely healthy again when you're done just won't happen. IMHO. Cause you already KNOW that your plan isn't healthy. You already KNOW that it is severe and super-restrictive, and you're doing it for an arbitrary number in an arbitrary time frame. You already KNOW that it isn't something you can sustain. So why bother? Why not just do it the old-fashioned, healthy way and change your LIFE for GOOD, rather than losing lean muscle mass and cardiac tissue through starvation?

But, it IS your path and all. Just one I've tried NUMEROUS times without success. The ONLY thing that has worked for me is to stop obsessing about the numbers, and to make sure that I eat a healthy, balanced, controlled and structured diet and exercise for cardiovascular/balance/flexibility. THIS is working for me. I also gave up TIMELINES, and I wonder why you want the weight off so quickly???

Anyways, it will work. It most likely won't last. So you'll be back at the same old spot if not a bit heavier with the same old problem, in just a little while. Sad, but IMHO true...

Best of luck.

Last edited by kiramira; 07-16-2009 at 05:39 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Eating 500-800 calories a day is more than lightly starving ones self. And I feel you are setting your self up. You restrict yourself that far, when you come off it in a month you will probably gain it back. Plus you could cause serious health problems.

I am a recovering anorexic. I can't say anything as a medical professional, just someone with experience. I have done permenant damage to my body that I wish I could take back and can't. I strongly urge you to reconsider this extreme amount of calorie restriction. Especially with the amount of physical activity you are thinking of including.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #4  

Alright, so maybe I should have been more informal, as you don't seem to see my situation as it is. I eat healthy, I live healthy, and I have done so far 6 months. I don't touch candy or soda, and I love eggs, chicken, meat in general, vege's, potatos... you get the picture.

I also said I lost 35 kg's. I did this "starving myself" if you wish. It took more willpower then anything I ever done. However I drank soda back then, and I didn't really eat healthy. I have been standy on 95 kg's for 6 months eating healthy, and granted, some of that have been switched out of muscle, however this progression isn't fast enough for.

I need to lose the last 5-10 kg's of fat, so I can forget about this problem once and for all. Afterwards I can return to my healthy way of life. I know that doing this will probably mean a good 1-2 months of getting back up in calorie intake (in the sense that the metabolism need to readjust) to prevent putting the weight back on (as said, I'm not a first timer).

My question was. Will this work, in the sense of will I have lost the weight at the asigned time? I know how to deal with the aftermath, and I know the willpower it'll take to go through with it.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  

Another thing, I have already started doing this today, and so far I haven't felt the same hunger I did when I lost my previous 35 kg's. How can this be?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #6  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

You are going to do what you choose.

As kiramira said mathematically yes it would probably work. I don't support the idea, and can't in good conscious tell you to do it.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I would think that you might find yourself at a weight loss standstill if you eat only 500-800 cals of pure protein per day and exercise 4 days per week. But, I might be wrong. Could work just fine. Though I don't think you will just lose the 5-10kgs of fat, I think you will lose muscle mass in there as well at that low a calorie count. And, I think you might start to regain when you start eating a higher calorie count again.

Just my opinion.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #8  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hon, with all due respect, this problem is NEVER EVER going to be behind you. Your eating led you to a high weight, and having a low weight isn't going to somehow prevent you from regaining. You'll just be really expert in how to lose quickly, not how to keep it off.

I think your loss is AMAZING, and you've maintained it for a while through alot of hard work. But for you, it seems that it is all about the numbers right now and not about the lifestyle. And if it isn't about the LIFESTYLE, you'll be white-knuckling it for the rest. of. your. life. Going up and down and up and down because you won't know how to manage real foods in real situations. You'll just be great at eating 500 calories of chicken a day...

I've been there, and I feel for you. SO, if this is your path, I wish you well and really hope it works for you in the short term AND the long term...I just don't think this is a particularly productive path, and one I've given up for good.

JMHO

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 07-16-2009 at 04:18 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #9  

Weightlose standstill? Well remember I don't normally eat this little

I'm fully aware I'll lose some muscle along with it. Generally speaking 3 kg's of fat usually takes 1 kg of muscle with it. While eating little, eating most of that as protein + weightlifting is to try to keep as much muscle as possible while doing this.

If this has no effect whatsoever, I'd like to know tho
Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #10  
Fancy Shmancy bo Bancy

S/C/G: 168/115/110 Now: 129/129/105

Height: 5'2"

You're definitely going to be slowing your metabolism down by doing that, which is why it's more likely you'll gain weight back in the future. It's always best to be patient and lose weight in a way your body can handle without shocking it on the level you are.

If you've already done this for some period of time, your body's metabolism is probably already shot. I would probably eat between 1300-1400 for a few months in order to stabilize it.
RedPorcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #11  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Sounds like you already have your mind made up so I'm not really sure the point of your post.

However I will say I've known people who have done simialar diets long term and have run into major health issues. Heart issues. Hair loss etc etc.

You might want to check with your doctor first with such a low-cal plan even if it is "short term" It should be medically supervised. Just because you've done it before w/o problems doesn't mean your not causing damage.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
Sounds like you already have your mind made up so I'm not really sure the point of your post.

However I will say I've known people who have done simialar diets long term and have run into major health issues. Heart issues. Hair loss etc etc.

You might want to check with your doctor first with such a low-cal plan even if it is "short term" It should be medically supervised. Just because you've done it before w/o problems doesn't mean your not causing damage.
Point taken.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #13  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedane View Post
I need to lose the last 5-10 kg's of fat, so I can forget about this problem once and for all.
Good luck with this one.

Will it work? Maybe.
Will it be maintainable? Probably not.
Is it a good idea? Definitely not.

Last edited by Rebound; 07-16-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #14  
*_*
Long-time Lurker

S/C/G: 115kg/66kg/65kg

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedane View Post

I'm 2 meters tall,
Seriously? That's 6'6

Last edited by *_*; 07-17-2009 at 02:25 AM.
*_* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_* View Post
Seriously? That's 6'6
I'm getting this strange feeling I found a girl's only forum. It just so happens I'm a guy