South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default I CAN DO THIS (restarting the SBD)

I feel like I have made a post like this before. I did the SBD about 5 years ago, and lost about 40 lbs. I felt great. I then had a child, and then another, and finally one more. (yes, I had three children in just over 3 years). With each child, I continued to gain weight and then not lose it. The weight significantly added on each time. I have been trying to diet for about 3 months now with some small success but then I revert back to my old ways. I now have about 70 lbs to lose (I have managed to keep off about 15 lbs). The SBD is a great WOE for me b/c I never felt deprived on it. I am planning on doing some shopping and some menu planning tonight and then jumping on the bandwagon tomorrow. Hopefully, if I make daily stops on here, I will be able to be accountable for my actions.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and share successes.

Kris
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

Kris, welcome aboard! it's great that you've decided to get healthy. while i don't have kids of my own (does a dog count?), i could only imagine how hard it is. you should be proud of yourself for losing 40lbs in the first place, thats a great accomplishment! good luck to you kris, keep us posted on your progress and keep moving strong! take care
Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kris!

My mom gained her weight that way and still hasn't lost it, 30 years later. It caused a lot of trouble for all of us and major health issues for her, so I'm VERY glad to hear that you're being so proactive!

Think about why you've found it hard to stay on track in the past and then plan strategies for how you can avoid those problems/situations in the future. It's worth the time and effort to plan for success!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Kris! I remember you and am happy you've decided to hop back on board with us.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kris and

I am fairly new here so it's nice to meet you. I lost most of my weight on my own, way too slowly. I am really committed here. I've lost 20# in 10 weeks and feel great.

I feel like with the support here, I can reach my goals and finally find success in maintaining my new WOL.

It seems there are quite a few ladies just starting P1 who are posting on the P1 thread. You already know you can do this!!

Best Wishes!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #6  

Hi Kris!

You've definitely come to the right place for positive support and accountability.

Welcome back and congrats on the 3 boys! You've been busy.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi kris!!! always nice to meet a fellow "back to the beach"er. let's do this thang!!!!
and three boys- what an accomplishment! that makes this WOL a (pardon the food metaphor) piece of sbd-friendly cake

Last edited by jandaman; 07-17-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spllng
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I am definitely in the right mindset this morning. I have everything I need to eat on plan today! I am GOING to do this.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good for you! Mindset is all! Nice to see you posting on the Phase I thread.
Closed Thread