Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/212/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default I'm hungry 1 hour after lunch..help please

Today I got up at 10. So at 10:30 I had oatmeal with strawberries and skim milk and coffee with skim milk.

By 12:30 I was starving so I had lunch. A big green salad with maybe a 1/2 cup of whole wheat couscous and 4 or 5 oz of chicken.

Now it's 2 pm and I feel like I never ate to begin with. My stomach is growling. I have a lot of days where I'm like this.

Should I be eating bigger meals to begin with or what?

Can you share some of your daily menus please?

I'm trying so hard to stick with this. I lost 3 pounds last week which is great!!
spoiltmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Maybe you should add a serving of protein to your breakfast, and have a piece of fruit and a bit of EVOO with your lunch. You could save something for a mid-afternoon snack. Or you might be one of those people that needs to graze all day by eating several little meals and a couple tiny snacks. Try different ways and see what works for you.

Are you getting enough to drink? Water sure helps me feel fuller.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I eat every 3 hours. That's part of the beauty of this program. You never eat to "full" but you always eat to satisfied. I eat breakfast, a snack of fruit and dairy two hours later, then lunch, then a mid afternoon snack, dinner, and a evening snack. Small meals frequently. You must eat lots of veggies and fruit to fill up your tummy along with all the water you can drink, as Jane suggested.

Hey Jane! I'm going to Nappanee on the 27th so I'm sure to be somewhere in your neck of the woods.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-14-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Vickie - Good advice! I hadn't heard of Nappanee, but found it on the map. It's way up north, and I'm way down south. But let me be the first to say, Welcome to the Hoosier State!! If you ever get down this way, let me know.

Anyone else have suggestions for spoiltmom?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #5  
i'm on my way

S/C/G: 143/136/125

Height: 5'5

whenever i'm hungry and i felt like i just ate, i try to drink water first and wait it out.
sleepandfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #6  

If you want to feel satisfied all day, have a little protein with every meal and snack. Carbs make you hungry.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/230/159

Height: 5'6"

I have found that I must have a little something(snack) every 2-3 hours to quell the hungry monster. For example, today was lowfat yogurt and blueberries for b-fast at 8am, a two point bar at 10am and lunch is scheduled for 12noon, a piece of fruit at 2pm and then I am gone for the day eating another 2 point bar or other 1-2pt snack as I am walking out of the door at 4pm. I also bring a couple of pieces of extra fruit and a 1point bag of microwave popcorn in my lunch bag for hunger emergencies! I also keep a bag of whole sunflower seeds in my desk.

I think that the key to keep from cheating and keeping on target is having healthy options around you at all times. My office is awash with thin girls and hi-carb snacks everywhere, nearly everyday!

I write everything I put in my lunch bag down on my tracker on the night before when I am packing it. That way I am clear on what I will be eating and also clear on what extra snacks that I didnt consume the day before.
Traveljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Eat more protein, less carbs and sugars. Protein stays with you longer.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #9  

Default Chai tea tames the mid-afternoon hungry monster

Hi Annie,
I find that a cup of Chai Tea with milk tides me over between meals. I love Tazo Chai but I since it has sugar it is out. Close in flavor is Celestial Seasonings India Spice Chai which is made with tea bags. I drink it with one of the thicker skim milks (Over the Moon or another brand) or you can use nonfat evaporated milk. If you want it even more luscious, spend a point and add some nonfat half and half to it. Sweeten withSplenda.

I never liked the thought of tea with milk, but chai with milk is awesome. Between the protein from the milk and the spice the cravings areneutralized.

Last edited by AdrianaG53; 10-21-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: expand information
AdrianaG53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Follow the suggestions from Glycemic Index diets and eat foods that take a long time to metabolize, as well as more protein, as others have said.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I add 1 Tablespoon of benefiber into any drink,soup,yogart ect
and it does wonders to reduce my hunger pains.

I always start my day with a high fiber and high protein
meal or I am starved all day.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote