South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Thoughts & Happenings

Morning! I got up with Jake this morning and already have the 2nd load of laundry in the washer.

I'm sitting here with my swimsuit on under my clothes, but I think I'm going to change since thunderstorms are expected off and on today. The girls start swimming lessons today, and we're supposed to meet their grandfather at the country club at 11. They may still have their lesson, but I don't think I"m going to get in the pool. Anyway, that should take up most of our day. I hope the rain holds off for the girls' sake! If it rains, we'll have to come up with an entire new plan for the day.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

I slept in a bit this morning but am in full swing now. We got some rain overnight which means it will be too wet to garden. However, I have accomplished a lot in the past few days - even have all my new potted herbs in the renovated bed!

Today I need a mini-trip to the store for some dinner stuff. I have my chicken casserole marinating but want fresh veggies. Ian adores my blueberry pie so I'll make one for dessert. I have no trouble resisting pie unless it's pecan.

This has been such a good and peaceful week. I must work on having more of them - after Delta Fair. Next week will be a week in overdrive!

Have a relaxing Thursday, even if you can only grab five minutes.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!
Cottage, just leave the suit on and then go out dancing in the rain! Fun for you and entertainment for the neighbors!

Ruth, glad you are having a peaceful week! Speaking of pies, my son's girlfriend and he made a peanut butter pie last night. OMG, hard to resist. I just went and got a spoonful of "my" peanut butter and shoved it in my mouth so I wouldn't hit their pie with a big spoon!

Me...have to go take a friend to get some "digestive" tests done today. Just have to bring him and pick him up later since he will be in no condition to drive when they are finished. He has mesothelioma (sic?) and is doing very well right now, so I guess they just want to check his "innards" to make sure they are ok too. Have to go to the gym early to be able to pick him up for 8:30. no idea what the rest of the day will bring.

Oh, I made some sweet potato fries last night using some sprinkle on sweet potato seasoning I picked up the other day. (savory,not sweet) Hubby and I both went wild for them. yum. Sliced them and sprayed them with a little olive oil, spinkled the stuff on and baked them in a sheet pan. Had some grilled mahi mahi with it and some cantelope. Talk about an orange dinner!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-16-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We have rain on the way again today and pretty much every day for the next week. It doesn't look like the days will be washouts though, so still an improvement.

Cottage - When I get up early I just spend more time reading stuff on the computer. No wonder my To Do list is so long!

Ruth - homemade fruit pies would definitely be irresistible for me. I'm not tempted by packaged stuff anymore but find home baked things are often worth a small off plan treat. Of course I don't bake so maybe that's why
You should definitely speak with your appointment secretary about your schedule. It sounds like it's been an enjoyable week.

Laurie - Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes I worry that new members will be discouraged when they hear that I'm still struggling even after a year at maintenance. OTOH I had almost 40 years of being seriously overweight along with some "food issues" so it's not a surprise. How is your post-vacation return to life going?

Debbie - I know you're out there somewhere!

It's the end of my work week and will be an all office day. I've scheduled lots of visits for the next two weeks though. Other than a mid morning meeting nothing in particular on the agenda - just paperwork and maybe some data clean-up and even desk drawer clean-up. When I can't find things in my drawer because there's no room to open files it's definitely time to clean!

ETA - Hi Cat! Hope your friend gets all good news today.
We are having such a good time with the spiral cutter, I can't thank you enough for the suggestion! We use it almost every day. Today I made a salad with the zucchini, some tomatoes & peppers marinated in a little RF Newman's Caesar dressing.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-16-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Cottage, I agree that you should wear your suit. When Auston took lessons, it got so hot, I almost dove in, shoes and all!

Ruth, Tell me about your chicken casserole, please. I love one dish meals.

Cat, I was at my desk yesterday with my spoon of peanut butter. Two co-workers said, "You're eating chocolate!" They must like odd colored chocolate!

Cyndi, Is your spiral cutter one that everything cuts into a plastic container? I've searched for one, but have found 3 different kinds. Some are expensive!

Me: We had a great thunder storm move through last night. It didn't wake up Auston, thankfully. I loved listening to it. Our weather is doing something crazy... By Sunday, the high is suppposed to be 83. In Alabama! I'm so excited!

Hope you all have a beautiful Thursday!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Chelby - I have this one, http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-...7744405&sr=8-2 I worry a little that it might not be too sturdy but so far so good.
Your high temp sounds like ours - what are the odds of that?! I'm a thunderstorm fan too. My one complaint about our house is that I can't see storms because of all the trees. I love sitting on the porch watching thunderstorms.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Chelby, it's not a one-dish meal. I marinate boneless thighs in OJ/soy/ginger etc and serve it with rice and a veggie. I'll post the recipe but it's not SBD compliant.

I just want to announce that summer is officially here! I finally painted my toenails - not an easy task when your knees don't bend. And NO .... this has nothing to do with Ian coming for dinner tonight.

Outta here to hit the store for veggies and blueberries.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  

Cyndi -- I'm going to buy a slicer. I bet spiraled zucchini would be good with spaghetti sauce. mmmmm!

Ruth -- I almost spewed my coffee over my desk! Happy summer!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Drat! Just tried to order the spiral slicer and they don't ship to Canada. I'm gonna move. Who wants me?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I finally made it to the computer before going in to work. Thank goodness I start at 8:30; if it were 8:00 I'd be late every day!

Cottage: I'm with everyone else; leave the suit on! I don't know that I could stand being that close to a pool and not dive in!! I hope the rain holds of for your and the girls' sake.

Ruth: Thanks for clarifying that the toe-painting wasn't for Ian; you know that with this bunch there would be questions. I'm glad you're enjoying your relaxing week. I hope next week isn't too bad for you.

Cat: I hope your friends' tests turn out well. Do you think you could dig up the brand that sells that sweet potato seasoning? It sounds like just the thing DH and I would love!!

Cyndi: I wish we had some of your rain in the forecast; we started out the season great but things have quickly gone downhill. I'm going to have to check into the spiral slicer as well. Thanks for the link!

Chelby: I know how you feel! Our high this weekend is supposed to be 90 and we can't wait!!! I'm not big on the thunderstorms; you and Cyndi can come sit on our back porch and watch them roll in from the mountains. I will sit on the couch and wait it out.

Me: Last night was a bust for us. We didn't really have anything planned, but DH and I decided it was time to call Directv to try and negotiate a better deal on our satellite tv. He had called Monday and, after running the real numbers, we realized they were offering less channels for the same amount we're paying now. I guess they just didn't understand "we'd like a lower price, please." Long story short; DH was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours and the Dish Network installer will be here tomorrow morning. We'll be saving $60 a month for 6 months and then $35 a month after that. At one point, the Directv supervisor hung up on him!!! I think he overheard us seriously talking about switching and knew he couldn't do a better deal. Thankfully, I baked some chicken last night for lunch salads for the week, so we had chicken salads for dinner.

Today is just work, work, work. I'm going to get in and do some filing and then join Cyndi in cleaning things out. I really need to get re-organized now that hearings are over. After our workout tonight, we'll be packing up the old receivers and getting things straightened up for the installer.

Okay, now I'd better get moving or I will be late for work!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Actually, I'm not feeling that great today . I slept from 7 last night until 7 this morn. You all know, thats not like me.

Ruth, enjoy your relaxed day and your evening with Ian. I wish nail painting were easier, too. It's not my knees but my belly. I'm doing a touch up this morning. Wish I wasn't so cheap I'd go get them done professionally once in a while.

Cottage, I hope the rain holds so you can swim. That reminds me I'm going to try on a suit that has been in my too small stash.

Cat, your dinner sounded really good. I like themes so orange works. I actually decided the other day that I was going to order the slicer you and Cyndi have. I got to Amazon, applied for the credit card, and will wait until it's approved. My net cost after the $30 credit will be $6.

Cyndi, thanks for the hello. I'm here just moving slowly. I appreciate your honesty about your relationship with food-even in maintenance. I'm still reading End to Overeating. From what I am understanding, once we have been overweight and have all the programming in our brain, that the call to food lessens-but doesn't go away. I ate something yesterday and your post was helpful in getting me back on track.

Chelby, enjoy your cooler weather. We did get peaches, but not cling-free. DH sliced them for the dehydrator but we have a bunch of pits with edible fruit in the frig. They were tasty.

Kim, have a great day. It was a suprise to see you here so early. The whole tv thing gets my goat every once in awhile. I'm tiptoing right now, because I somehow got the right gal at DirectTV to authorize TV at both of our houses (130 mies apart) for just an extra $4.99 a month. Previously, we were paying full price for both.

So my bike is out today. I'm not getting to water aerobics, but will go to H2Yoga at 9. Don't know if my Mom actually had a little bug or what. I'm going to take it really easy today but wish I felt better. I think we have company coming again tomorrow. It's what happens when you live in a hot tourist destination. All the relatives and friends come, too.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #12  

Kim, I know your DH is done fighting now, but next time, here's a good fight... We have Dish Network. We pay for the year every January. It equals about $20 per month. We're happy with it. But, bottom line is it's still 100 channels of 'nothing-on-tv'.

Lexxiss, I'm so sorry you are sick! Take it easy. Hopefully the bug will move quickly.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Chelby, isn't that the truth. Monday nights are the worst-tons of channels and NOTHING to watch.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Lol! That's funny, because DH and I have to cut back on what we watch on tv.

Sundays: America's Funniest Home Videos, then Amazing Cakes
Mondays: Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother
Tuesdays: No Reservations or Bizarre Foods
Wednesdays: Wipeout and Mantracker, Ghost Hunters in the fall, Ninja Warrior
Thursdays: Ace of Cakes
Fridays: Usually our 'no TV' nights
Saturdays: Food Network is usually our go-to

We really need to cut back because we'll also watch Food Network, HGTV, Comedy Central and several shows; Man vs. Wild, Survivorman and others when there is a good episode on. Also, we'll watch just about any televised Spurs games and all Cowboys games. We always manage to find something. At least we're not DVR-ing yet. That would probably spell the end of our time outside the house after 7 pm. Lol!

Lexxiss: Feel better!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 07-16-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Wow what a storm we're having!!! I was sleeping soundly with the sound of the rain.. and was awakened by the sound of lightning burning thru the air followed by the crash boooom of it striking somewhere around my house! My son came running out of his room saying his car alarm was going off! I can't see anything that it struck but it sure was loud! we've been getting hammered! our power was out most of the night last night. driving home from work our whole little town was dark and creepy! only an occasional light here and there thru the down town area. But it was fun sitting in the living room with the oil lamp and candles burning talking to my hubby and son.
Started my P2 yesterday YAY.. had an apple with peanut butter for a snack at work .... best apple I've ever eaten! Everynight at work.. someone comes in the break room to see what I've brought in to eat.. last night i had brought some Gazpacho i made the day before.. and had gotten a baked chicken breast from the cafeteria. They were like COLD SOUP! ugh... but it was delicious and so fresh tasting! my DH loved it too!
well.. i'm off to make my breakfast before it's time for lunch! LOL (that's what i get for sleeping in)
Closed Thread