Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #1  

Default Which diet is quickest to prepare?

Hi! I'm new here and I thought you all might be able to point me in the
right direction. I'm looking for a diet plan that:

1. Has a daily menu already planned out
2. Has recipes/meals that are quick and easy to prepare
3. Tastes good

I have tried Weight Watchers (got tired of counting points and trying to put together menus) and the Sonoma Diet (loved the food, hated the time-consuming cooking).

I am considering a meal delivery, but I'm wondering if there is anything else
that might work. I don't really have time for planning, shopping and cooking.

Thanks!
Janica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

Lightbulb

Okay well I've been on the South Beach Diet for a little over a month now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Maybe a little pricey (let's face it, america is fat because we're poor!!) but well worth it. Buy the book, I got one for like 6 bucks at a barnes and nobles. And prepare your food shopping list. Make sure to buy lots of eggs,water,low fat cheese, salads, and chicken breast. I started out by grilling a couple days worth of chicken on sunday nights, this way I would eat a chicken breast for dinner, and chop one up to throw in a salad for lunch. Also, if your not a morning person (like me!) you can make an egg casserole. This way in the morning you just cut a slice, reheat, and your out the door. As long as you prepare your foods ahead of time, say like 3 or 4 days, it's a piece of cake. I also eat a lot of tuna for lunch since mayo is fine to eat. Because tunas pretty blah without the bread, I usually add lots of garlic powder and throw a slice of cheese on top. Micorwave and voila! instant tuna melt. Try the south beach diet, i've had awesome results and i know a few others who have as well. Take Care!! and Good Luck!!
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #3  

If you rely on others to plan your meals you are not learning anything that will help you maintain the loss. Ediets.com has several different diets, gives you menus for each day, is simple, and also has one for meal delivery. You might want to check that out. I believe it's about $5 a week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #4  

Maybe you could try the 5 Factor diet...supposed to be just 5 ingredients & 5 min to prepare...
fsmith380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
If you rely on others to plan your meals you are not learning anything that will help you maintain the loss. Ediets.com has several different diets, gives you menus for each day, is simple, and also has one for meal delivery. You might want to check that out. I believe it's about $5 a week.
I have to agree with this. You need something you can stick to for the rest of your life. You cant see this as a diet, but a lifestyle change. Without making a lifestyle change when you loose your weight you need to know how to maintain it.

Learn some quick and easy meals, get yourself some helpful kitchen tools. My favorites are rice cooker, George foreman grill, small chopper/food processor. If you know someone who is a good cook ask them for some help preparing easy meals.

Pre-Prepare everything that you can, I always have chopped veggies,and meat thats been cooked at the ready. Need a quick meal take a whole wheat wrap, some veggies, some leftover chicken, and what ever condiments you like, there you go quick and portable.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #6  

All diets are easy to prepare. Just keep it simple and healthy. And remember eat small frequent meals to keep your metabolism on the go!

Cheers,

Erin
OperationShapeShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5'4"

I have recently been on SparkPeople.com and I track all of my food there. There, you can follow a plan in which they tell you what to eat every day. At the beginning of each week, they give you a grocery list. To me, this is great because it will keep you right on track with your appropriate calories, fat, protein and carbs! Almost all of the dishes they give are very easy to prepare, and they're something people can easily prepare if they have spouses or a family. I don't usually eat the meals they say (I know, horrible of me to talk it up then not do it myself!) because I'm pretty picky, but I tend to follow the guidelines.
Ashley82290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I do a little bit of pre-cooking and it really helps. When I have the George Foreman grill out, I cook up several lunch-sized servings of chicken and freeze it so I can just grab a packet and go in the morning.

I also buy packages of ground turkey and make up my own special turkey burger patties. I freeze them (4 oz patties), then when I want a quick burger I throw a frozen turkey burger in the skillet and heat it up--it literally takes minutes. Toss on a slice of pepperjack to melt while I'm warming up the bun, and dinner is ready in 10 minutes.

I don't think I would do well with meal delivery because I'm a picky eater, but it does work for some folks.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #9  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I created my own eating lifestyle plan. Since Jan 1, 2009 I have lost over 50 pounds. I haven't exercised yet but I do plan to do so.
Here are a few things I do:
1. Drink water, tea etc between meals
2. Eat small meals every three hours
3. I have no off limit foods
Doing these 3 simple things have stopped me from over eating and binge eating at night. I have no special recipes or foods because I just eat what I am used to eating but now I eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Here's another thread discussing a meal planning feature on lean cusines website. It's base on calorie counting and seems quick and easy.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...ternative.html

Last edited by Aclai4067; 07-26-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/236/140

Height: 5'4"

DH grills on Sunday afternoon. He will grill chicken, burgers, cuts up a pork loin into serving sizes, steak, squash, mushrooms, peppers and onions. We have Sunday dinner and freeze the rest. Makes for easy preparation the rest of the week, just microwave and add a few fresh things and dinner and lunches are done.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the good tips!
Janica is offline   Reply With Quote