South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning - join me with your coffee or tea and let's chat a bit.

Today it's not supposed to rain - a miracle! I now have a filled raised bed as the earth lads arrived late yesterday afternoon. I had time to plant some peacock orchids - see my new avatar? This morning I'll put in seeds and may garnish the bed with some white cosmos which have been languishing in their flats for a month at least. My neighbour tilled the remaining half of my garden so I'm not at a loss for planting space. Too bad it's mid-July instead of mid-May.

How does your Tuesday look?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I have my coffee in hand.

It's looking cloudy but there's no rain in the forecast. I plan to bring the girls back here after their riding lesson this morning. They can swim while I hoe the garden, and we may bake Lexxiss's blueberry gingerbread.

I'm getting impatient with my garden. We have tons of blossoms on the zucchini, but don't have any fruit set on it yet. Grrrrr! And I'm anxiously watcing for the tomatoes to start turning ripe, along with the peppers and cukes. Probably everything will ripen at the same time, then I'll be swamped with tons of veggies. I'm looking into a solar food dehydrator that you set up in the yard, and am going to send for the plans. http://www.solarfooddryer.com/ I like that it doesn't use electricity and that it's portable and weather-resistant. That will be a great way to use up my bounty, if they ever start growing!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Mornin', Ruth. I really like your new avatar. I opened a thread yesterday, and immediately said, "who's that?..oh, it's Ruth!" Now I know it's a peacock orchid. Have a great time filling your new beds. I love cosmos!

Cottage, I made the cake. It was very good, and was a hit at home. I like things that aren't as sweet these days. I added extra ginger and would have put more in but I ran out. I did leave the candied ginger out-figured it was . I, too, am anxiously awaiting vegies. I picked my first zucch and have one more coming, but I could eat one a day now if they would just grow faster. I'm going to check out the solar dryer. Thanks for the link. Have a great day!

Sophie, hope you got some rest. By the time you checked in yesterday it was past my bedtime!

Cyndi, great score on the weights. I have a whole weight-room in my basement I'd love for someone to take away. It hasn't been used for at least 10 yrs, because DH lifts 3x a week at a really nice club, but for some reason he can't detach. Using it isn't an option because the house was built in 1887 and the basement is toxic.

Luckyguppie, Hi I don't like many artificial sweeteners, but Crystal Light and the generics make a tropical punch. It must remind me of childhood and Hawaiian Punch, but I really like it. Early on, it would satisfy a sweet craving, but I don't guzzle it. I prefer water now.

Me, up early I'm going west today to the heart of Colorado fruit country. Palisade is 80 miles from here. I'm taking a friend to a dental appt, but she said we can do whatever else I want. I will stop at our favorite organic orchard to see if there are any freestone peaches yet. I like to can, but DH dries cases of them. I hope their season hasn't been too slow. I will to , meet DH and Mom there, put my bike on the car and head out from there. I'll get my house chores done early and will check in later.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for being here. I think I'll have another cup o' joe
Old 07-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers Somehow I never make it here until I've got breakfast sitting in front of me

Ruth - I love the new avatar Have fun in your new garden. I'm putting a new perennial bed in on Friday. I blame my Mother.

Cottage - I'm curious about that solar dryer. I'd read that our weather is too humid for those to work well but maybe there's a new design? Definitely let me know what you think! I know the electric dehydrator uses very little electricity but I could use more space at the peak of the season Did I miss the gingerbread recipe? Sounds like something I'd love.

Debbie - I wish we lived closer. It would be fun to have someone to bike with

Nothing too exciting today. I'm having lunch with my best friend. Her niece is here from Scotland and I'll get to meet her Dinner in town with DP then a quiet evening at home while she does some music thing. Of course I have a list It's nice to have another day without rain.

I'm getting back on track yet again. don't know why but I've been eating constantly the last couple of days. I haven't been off plan, just way too much. Today it's back to basics for the day. That usually works.

Hope the sun is out where you are
Old 07-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all..quick post, running late to the gym since I've been out killing weeds in the driveway.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying nature today! Nothing on my plate today except for cleaning out the fridge. Every time I clean it out, I promise myself it won't get messy again. I lie to myself. It's a chore I hate, but the dogs just love it.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Hooray for no rain, Ruth! If it continued, you'd have to plant rice! We are in typical summertime weather -- 30-40% chance every day.

Cottage, My grandmother used to make fruit leather with a dehydrator. I remember it being so much better than the Fruit Rollups Auston eats.

Lexxiss, Our freestone peaches aren't ready yet. Should be soon. Enjoy your trip to Palisade with your friend.

Cyndi, I occasionally have hungry days, too. Yesterday, I simply did not bring enough food for the day, but it should have been plenty. Those are the days that nuts do me in.

Me: My sister is also a Jazzercise instructor in Lake Charles, LA. While my class is a hobby, she actually makes a living with hers offering about 30 clases a week with 6 instructors. She has outgrown her center, so is moving to a new one. To celebrate and advertise the move, she's applied for a parade license. She's going to have a Second Line Parade! That is a typical New Orleans parade of a jazz band leading a bunch of partiers/dancers with their umbrellas and beads. I'm sure you've seen them on tv. If she gets her permit, I'm going to fly back to LC to be a part of it. How much FUN!

Typical Tuesday for me... Work, Jazzercise.... A beautiful day on the beach! Hope your day is great!

ETA: Morning, Cat! My dog likes that chore, too.

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-14-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

good morning ladies,
It is starting out cool and sunny here again today. No complaints about the weather this summer so far, except I don't know if I'll ever have a ripe tomato with these cool nights. No big excitement around here today. DD has dance camp. I've got to take my kitty back to the vet - she had a tooth pulled last week, and has stopped eating so I hope it's not infected. Which reminds me, has your cat turned up yet Barb?. It's a quiet week at work, which is perfect because I am on vaca next week, so trying to tie up loose ends.

DH wants a Salade Nicoise for Bastille Day dinner, and I forgot to pick up the anchois, so I need to run by the store when I pick up DD and also grab a couple of baguettes.

You must feel rich with all that planting space Ruth. At least you'll have a big fall crop.
cottage, those solar cookers look cool. Blueberry gingerbread? Hmmm, must have missed that!
Lexxis, your day sounds fun and busy. Enjoy!
Cyndi, I've been an eating machine this week as well, although I know why - TOM approaches!
Cat, have a great workout.
Chelby, hope your parade plans come through.

Have I mentioned how much better I feel when I'm on plan?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Salade Nicoise! I have all the ingredients and will make that for lunch. Thanks, Schmoo! "Allons enfants de la patrie."

Merde! I just gave myself an ear worm!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #9  
sophie

Good morning ladies

Ruth - maybe you can build a greenhouse over your raised beds, feels like its the only way to get anything ripe this year. Ruth, I guess there are worst words than merde. Was told by a four year old that the word stupid is a bad word.

Cottage - enjoy working in your beds today. And hope the girls enjoy the pool.

Debbie - I hope the peaches are ready for you. Ours come in mid-August and I will be out West then. Sure will miss canning them.

Cyndi - here's to a peaceful, on track day.

Chelby - The parade sounds like fun. Enjoy your day.

Femme - have a good day.

Schmoodles - Salade Nicoise, love it. When we were in France I kept ordering it and kept getting it with canned tuna. What a disappointment. I have made it with tuna steaks and it is so good. Bon appetit,

me - Today should not be as busy as yesterday. Although, DH has requested my help in setting up some poles,(holding them while he levels them off). Should be a nice, sunny day here with NO RAIN.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: I'm glad the boys made it over there with your soil. Happy planting!! I haven't had my hands in the dirt in too long, so maybe I should follow your lead and get back outside this weekend.

Cottage: I hope all the veggies appear soon! One of our zucchini plants has already sputtered out, but we got a nice bounty off of it. I'll be baking what's left into bread to freeze this weekend. You'll have to let us know how the solar food dehydrator works!

Lexxiss: Mmmmm, fresh peaches. I have to admit that I will be very jealous if you find some! I've had to admit to myself that there is NO fruit available locally, so we've been eating less and less fresh and more frozen. Enjoy what sounds like a busy day!

Cyndi: Enjoy your lunch today! It would be interesting to sit down with someone from Scotland and hear about their home. Scotland is one of those places hubby and I wouldn't mind visiting one day. My eating has been the opposite of yours lately; off-plan and not much consumption. I just need to get the healthy things back into my body.

Cat: Hi! Have a great workout!

Chelby: I hope the permit goes through and that your sister's parade can happen. You'll definitely have to post pics!!!

Schmoodle: Enjoy your last week before vacation! Hope everything turns out well at the vet's office.

Sophie: Enjoy helping out your DH today, although I hope it's sunny and not hot!

Me: Not much going on here. Yesterday was SO off-plan that I'm embarrassed to speak of it, but I did enjoy my little indulgences. I did do a pretty intense workout last night, but not enough to cover my cheats. I've got a rather lax day at work today, so I'll be fine-tuning this month's dinner menus and making a grocery list full of P2 breakfasts/lunches/snacks. I really want to hit that 172 goal this month and I'm not going to make it slacking of as I am.

Other than that, it's just getting through this week and making it to what will be a nice, relaxing weekend.

I hope everyone to come has a great day!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hi old friends and new ones. Just wanted to drop by and say hi, and I miss y'all. I need to get back into the healthier eating so I'm thinking this is not a bad place to be! I read through the eating during the summer thread yesterday. All those meals make me drool! Unfortunately, my DH is not into vegetables and salads like I am ... and we are on quite a budget. But I buy as much fresh as I can and we make do!

Here's a recent picture of my little cutie. Eight and a half months, can you believe it?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Hi Jessie, Nice to meet you! Your cutie is wonderful! They don't stay that size long enough...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #13  

Jessie - She is adorable! It doesn't seem like it has been that long but they sure do grow up fast. Brian turns 12 on Thursday. I'm glad you came back to see us.

Schmoodle - No, I'm sad to say Allie hasn't turned up. I've had several people suggest I wait to tell Brian when he gets home in August especially since she may turn up but that is going to be tough.

I met a new friend last night and she and I ran around and did errands this morning. It was fun to get to know a new girlfriend. I did get a workout in with the trainer last night and I go again tomorrow night. I'm a little sore from the squats and crunches but not too bad.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jessie, what an adorable little girl you have! Has it been almost a year already? I'm glad you dropped in to visit, and hope to hear from you more often.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #15  

Hello everyone! Better late than never.

Today is week 2 of my Phase 1 re-start. 1 more week to go! I've enjoyed starting over. I'm losing, following plan, eating clean and feeling good about it all. I've been battling insomnia but I'd rather experience that than the SBD flu.

I was able to sleep in. After I took my daughter to summer school, I crashed for hours!!! I'm glad I menu plan because I was able to have my meals as planned. Through the fog I was able to stay on track.

We're having London Broil leftovers with cauliflower and a tossed salad. I'm going to warm it up soon. I didn't make any dessert for tonight so everyone's on their own.
Closed Thread