Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: July 13-July 19

New Pages!!!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've got weigh in this morning and a ton of errands. I'll be back later to catch up.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Had a ok weekend. I've been pretty much off program, and not sure what I'm going to do. We had the in-laws over for dinner on Sat. and were supposed to go to Windsor, CA on Sunday, but I forgot to renew my passport so I ordered an "enhanced" driver's license that was supposed to come last week but didn't so I couldn't go. We went to a local art fair and wandered around for a couple of hours instead.
Thought I'd pop in for a few while I download a book to my MP3 to listen to while I go for my walk. Then I'm headed out to my mom's to help her with some stuff. Looks like my book's done so I'm off.

I'll try to pop back in when I get home before knitting tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost a pound. Ah.....if only I were exercising like my friend Rhonda. 3 times this week is my goal, starting tomorrow. And I shall do some exercises in my pool on Wednesday if the water heats up enough for me to go in. We haven't been able to go in since before the 4th of July. It's either too overcast or not warm/sunny enough for the solar cover to work.

Oh well......now errands. I shall post to everyone later.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #5  

Hi:

Vickie, your friend Rhonda would be happy with a pound (or two!) I'm actually surprised that the weight is not just falling off. Each time I go to spinning, I drop 500 calories, and I'm not adding them back in with food. But, the losses are slow to come. Thank goodness I like spinning

I've been very low calorie today, so that might help for WI tomorrow. Last week, after WI I ate pancakes and that set me off a bit. Too much sugar after a long time of not eating much of it at all.

Donna, sorry you didn't get your license in time. Crossing the border isn't as simple as it used to be. What is??

I'm off to pottery class tonight. I have this class and one more, then we're through for the summer.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone! Well, it was a busy moving weekend for us. But the upstairs rooms are all organized and everyone is where they are supposed to be. DH and I spent 6 hours Saturday finishing things in our room and moving in. We then had a nice date night. Sunday after we picked up dd we moved her room. All I can say is I'm so glad she was not there on Saturday. Her "helping" was getting on my nerves But we manged to move her stuff in and then clean up the new "spare room". Got the computer desk and other furniture in that room. It will be a nice reading/computer room. We need to get the cable connection in there and a nice floor lamp. Tomorrow I need to work on removing some of the wall decorations that we did for dd. But its all done!

Foodwise I thought I was doing so well, my scale was down all weekend. Well, this moring it was back up. Tomorrow I'm buying a new scale and putting it in my closet rather than the bathroom. I can't possibly have the weight swings that it shows. I did make a drs appt today for my annual ob appt, my primary dr is on vacation until Friday this week. I'm making an appt with him as well for a check up.

I did decide to stop tracking points and switch back to true core or what is now simply filling. I do feel my portions are under control, I just seem to make a lot of bad choices. So, its low carb core for me for at least 2 weeks to see if that makes a difference. I'm getting discouraged that I can't get back into the swing of things. I figure if I'm truely good and things are not moving I'll have a Drs appt to discuss it and go over things. I just need to honestly put a good effort in for 2 weeks.

Vickie - congrats on your loss!!!

BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Coco....I'm so glad they are fixing your husband's glasses for him. Those darned things are way too expensive to let them get away with shoddy work. I had a pair that I complained about regularly but they were never able to fix for me. I ended up changing doctors. Now I have good ones. I think that's adorable about the dogs knowing where the cat is. Cassie always knew where Cameo was because she wanted to eat her. MacDuff was much nicer to the cat. How was the cookout? Did the veggie potato thing turn out? I never had hot dog chili but I bet I'd love it. Do you use hot dogs instead of ground beef? Yum.

Rhonda, so how is the chicken wire installed? Flat down on top of the grass or more as a fence around it? Do they eat the grass or tear it up digging. Raccoons are real smart animals. I hope they never figure out the wire. I never had Hollandaise sauce. I'd probably have liked it once upon a time. Since I started Core in 2004, I haven't been able to eat really rich or buttery things. They make my tummy sore. I wonder why your weight isn't falling off? Are you eating enough. No laughing this is a serious question.

Paula, you sound tired and happy. I'd love to redo my office and make it an office reading room. We painted at it looks nice but everything is mismatched in here. I've got some other things to do first. I was just talking to my JCC today about fluctuations. She gave me the old talk about staying off the scale. She said that is completely normal. Yesterday my scale was a pound or two higher than it was this morning. It's just a good thing that I didn't over react yesterday when I saw it was up. I just kept drinking more water. I've heard, though, that humidity affects all scales and that the bathroom is the last place you should keep it. Mine is in my foyer! I used to hide it when people came over and now I just laugh about it. I asked them if they want to hop on! It's the only place in my house with tile and not a bathroom! Of course, I could put it in the basement but then I'd never go down there to get on it. Well, maybe that's the answer! I really think simply filling is the way to go. If only I could trust myself with portion sizes. I'm comforting myself with the idea that everything I'm eating is simply filling except for the lunch and dinner entree. That represents less than a third of my calories. I can live with that for now.

Sloan, are you done? Are we going to see any pictures?

Donna, you sound SO bummed. I'm really sorry and I wish there was something I could do to help. I'm sure you really could have used the distraction of the trip to Canada. I hope you enjoyed your walk. I need to start again too. Just start one meal at a time. That's all you can do.

Sandra, what did you decide Girlfriend?

Boy....I wrote a book!

Last edited by Vickie; 07-13-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! Weigh in day for me, and I lost a pound also. I am getting used to counting points, but still don't like it as much as simply filling. I'm still planning on counting until I get to goal.

Vickie-Congrats on your one pound! As for the remodeling, we are not nearly finished. We are closer on the bedroom, though. The furniture should be delivered later this week, and we can at least move our bed out of the living room. The shower doors will be installed on Friday (they initially installed the wrong ones, so we've been showering in DS's bathroom for a couple of weeks). Our plans for this week are to get all of the trim painted upstairs, and the carpet will be installed up there on Monday. Next we will rearrange cabinets in the kitchen, remove a small portion of a wall, convert the den into a larger dining room, and make the current small dining room into a breakfast room. As you can imagine, I am really tired. When it is all done, I'll try to post some photos.

Paula-I know you are so glad to be finished with your remodeling! I can't wait to be able to find things again. Don't worry about your fluctuations. I do think it is a good idea to change scales and keep them somewhere else. Maybe that is all that you need to do.

Donna-Do not despair! Just keep posting and we'll keep cheering you on. I don't know if you read my post the other day. I said that it is remarkable that we have all been posting for as long as we have. Just think of where you'd be if you weren't at least conscious of your weight. We're here for ya!

Rhonda-I'm with Vickie. Are you sure you are eating enough?

Have a good night y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Vickie and Sloan, congratulations on your losses.

Rhonda, I'm sure you'll have a good loss tomorrow.

Donna, you sound a little down. So am I. We need to pick ourselves up and do something.

Paula, I think you're smart about getting a new scale. You need faith in it.

Coco, Curtis got asked not to come back by one vision center in Montana. And it wasn't his fault they kept scratching the lenses before he got them.

The decks/porches are almost finished. I'm excited. We got our fans today and also the water feature for the front. Next? Furniture.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #10  

Good Morning:

Drats, I didn't lose even an ounce, according to my home scale. I am eating my allowed 22 points and I am being careful about what is making up those points. My spinning friend said that she hit an early plateau also.

I will simply keep doing the exercise I'm doing, and I'll pay VERY close attention to the food. It's been very handy to have toast and PB (1 Tablespoon, really) before exercise. Today I ate a banana and drank water instead before the personal trainer workout, and I'm eating an apple now. I'll have some eggs in a few minutes and see how that holds me. Maybe the PB is just too high fat, even though it is pure PB, no sugar and no salt.

Paula, it's fun to read about your changes in the house. We, of course, are not meeting our chosen deadline of tomorrow, but we have done a number of things this week.

Vickie, the chicken wire is flat on the ground, on top of the grass. It is staked down with what look like really long staples. This morning a few places along the edges were pulled up. I got more staples at the garden center and added them in. But, mostly, it's working well. The raccoons don't eat the grass, they dig it up to get the grubs.

Donna, hang in there. Eat well, move more and you'll feel better, as we all know.

I've got my scales right by the pantry!

I hope you each have a day that builds your self-esteem, lightens your load, and makes you happy.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 07-14-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #11  

Mornin' everyone! I hope you all have a happy day
I'll check in later, TTFN
Old 07-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #12  
Donna

Sloan and Vickie - Congrats on the losses.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling a bit down, but I am definitely glad that I've been paying some attention, or this year could have been really ugly. Last time I was as stressed and depressed as I've been lately I gained 50 lbs so I know things could be way worse. Its just that for the last couple of weeks I've lost sight of everything......

Anyway....I'm not sure what I was thinking when I offered to help my mom out on the computer. I left my folks house with a huge headache, but I refrained from buying something decadent at Panera's during knitting. I'm just waiting for the call "How do you do this ......."

I'm off to grab lunch then take the dog out for a walk. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Not much going on here.
Had to take the doggies to the vet today. Time for their rabies shot and the other one.
Now going to make a salad for supper. Got the lettuce washed and draining.

VICKIE CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!! That is wonderful. I gained 2 lbs last night. What I call hot dog chili is just some ground beef with some ketchup, tomato paste seasonings. Things like that. Then put it on hot dogs with the bun. Some people just want the hot dog chili on the bun. No hot dog. I like it as sloppy joe's.

SLOANIE CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!

Oh better get off here. Heard a noise. And kitty is by herself.
Be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #14  

Hey chicks,
What a busy day! We hung doors, painted the hallway, and threw a couch and love seat out the upstairs window! Yes, I said threw them out the window. They were so old that the Goodwill would not take them, so we are taking them to the dump. They were too large to carry down the stairs, so out the window they went. I did save the cushions because foam for cushions is so expensive at the fabric store. Of course, my back is killing me!

Rhonda-Hang in there! Maybe your spinning friend is right. Have you tried the wendi plan with your points? Maybe that would give you a jump start.

Donna-my parents are funny on the computer, too. My dad can send an e-mail, but my mom can't even turn it on.

Coco-Salad for supper is one of my favs! Hope it was good.

Holla! to the rest of you girls!

Last edited by sloanie; 07-14-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #15  

SLOANIE The salad did taste good.
Nothing special. But was wanting a good salad. Instead of one of those drive thru ones.
Have a great eveing.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote