South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Madness

Happy Monday!

What a whirlwind of a weekend it turned out to be! I didn't even have a free minute to curl up and finish the book I'm reading. We accomplished a lot, though, and the weather was just beautiful. It's looking cloudy right now, but the weatherman is promising another nice day.

I have another early start today, and the girls' summer tutor is coming this morning, but we'll have the afternoon free for whatever we decide to do. They'll probably want to go swimming again. I wish Richard would put a pool in, but he doesn't want to deal with the upkeep and maintenance of it.

sophie, you mentioned your friend used to live in West Chester. That's just a few miles down the road from me!

Coffee's pretty tasty this morning, come pull up a chair and join me.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and happy coffee! Your weekend sounds pretty darn busy, Cottage. I didn't realize Cindy and Richard didn't have a pool.

I thought I'd be able to sleep in a bit this morning, but the dogs really, really needed to get out and explore the dog yard after being in the kennel for two nights! My Toronto/Oakville trip was a lovely break - Jersey Boys was terrific and my birthday celebration was fantastic with fireworks, a piper and an incredible cake! Of course I had to have some of that - it was a BD cake!

This is going to be a peaceful and calm week after three weeks of overdrive. I don't have an appointment until Friday and I hope to keep it that way - next week will be different as we will be cranking up the Fair, the Pypers will be here at their "no pets" rental cottage and I will have darling Bailey staying here. She's one of my Hershey's pups and just adores me so she is not a problem, just another four feet in my pack.

Donna comes to clean today (windows) and the lads will deliver earth for my raised veggie bed. I hope to finally be planting seeds out there late this morning. The part of the veggie garden that did get planted is looking good - I may get my first zucchini this week.

How does your Monday look from over the rim of your mug?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Ladies!

Cottage, hope you get to spend a relaxing afternoon after such a busy weekend! Bring that book to the pool and enjoy!

Ruth, so glad your birthday weekend was a success! So, how are you going to cook that zuc?? I have 2 tiny little cucumbers I'm guarding out in my garden. Not too many vegs yet here.

Me...nothing happening here that I know of. Hitting the gym, then going to pick up dog food and more "Round UP". I swore I was only going to use my handy dandy flame thrower on weeds in the drive this year, but it's time to call in the big guns. Also have a mess to clean up the kitchen. I had it all cleaned up after Sunday dinner, then my son and his girlfriend decided to make cookies to bring to a friend's house and my kitchen looks like something blew up in there when I got up this morning. Great...I get to clean it up, but can't eat the cookies (they smelled heavenly...they made them from cake batter!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-13-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I can't believe it's Monday. I don't feel like I had a break at all.

Cottage - Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. Do you get to swim too?

Ruth - How nice to have a calm week. Now to resist the temptation to overfill it with things to do Glad you had a nice birthday celebration. You deserve pampering!

I haven't actually looked at my planner but I think it's a quiet day and week. Monday is not the bosses best day. I sure hope she comes in with a better attitude but don't expect it. It's too bad people don't realize the impact their mood has on their co-workers. Ah well. It should be a nice day and I'll get out for a walk at lunchtime. The weather actually looks good this week, though still very cool for July. It will be nice to have sun! Now off to get things together ( a huge job this morning!)

ETA - Hello Cat

Forgot to tell you all I scored a set of real weights on Freecycle. Now to start using them!

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-13-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, "Happy Coffee" is my sentiments, exactly! We didn't plant zucchini this year. I think we lost our minds! It's my favorite.

Cottage, It sounds like you and your girls stay busy all summer. They probably hate going back to school.

Me: Busy busy week at the office. Nine grant quarterly reports are due by the 15th. I've mailed 3 of them; one has been emailed. I hate that I haven't been there long enough to really be helpful. With the boss' sugery, he hasn't had time to train me. Maybe next quarter, I'll have more responsibility.

There is a 70% chance of rain today. I hope we get some, but I also hope Auston's daycare gets to go to the pool! He'll be so disappointed if they don't get to go.

My goal this week is one more week of ph 1, but adding back fruit. My other goal is staying off the 'filth-n-foul-n' scale!

Hope your day is beachy!

ETA Good Morning Cyndi and Cat!

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-13-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

G'Morning gals... I'm up waaaay earlier than usual.. just couldn't sleep anymore! sooo I got the coffee brewin and getting a good start

Ruth.. love hearing about your garden! I can just picture it in my mind! I have kicked my self in the rear over and over this year for not planting anything! All I have is a beautiful rosemary plant and lots of plans for my flower beds and herb beds.

cottage... a nice swim sounds great.. I could probably kick around in the water standing in my yard right now.. we had some incredible thunderstorms last night!

femme.. I don't think I could have been strong.. smelling fresh baked cookies.. thats my biggest weakness!

cyndi... enjoy your quiet day/week! I hope mine is fairly quiet too!

chelby.. your crackin me up this morning.. filth n' foul is something my husband says all the time! but he will say.. "filth n' foul n' foul n' filth" not positive but I think he got it from foghorn leghorn LOL

Hope you all have wonderful Mondays!
Tina
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

Ruth & Cyndi, welcome home! Can't say it was quiet here this weekend, but I certainly missed you both.

Cottage, hope you can sneak in a bit of your book. Have a great day with the girls.

Chelby, sounds like a busy week. Wishing you continued success with your modified P1, and I hope Auston makes it to the pool. Could you still plant some zucchini? They grow so fast.

Cat, I don't envy your weeds. I can't stand round-up but sometimes its the only choice. Have a great workout.

Tina, have an energetic day! It is so rewarding to eat healthy and start feeling better.

I'm a little out of my routine. I've been sleeping later (which is actually good), but when I get up with everyone else I have to spend some time with the family before I can get back to my office.

It's shaping up to be a nice day with the possibility of rain later. I picked my first zucchini today and hope more are soon to come. Made a big salad that will last a few days, and am steaming my last pumpkin from last years' garden. I guess I'll freeze it for pie. Mom is coming later today, but just called to say she has a tummy ache. She eats pretty clean, but ate a burger at yesterdays Rockies' BB game. Uck!

So I'm off to the pool on my bike and will make my blueberry cake when I get home.

Hi to all of you yet to visit
Old 07-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

Still no sign of my Allie cat. I did get a call from one lady in the neighborhood who saw my sign but the calico she found is white and gray rather than white and black and showed up before mine went missing. Brian never called me back so he doesn't know yet. I'll try calling him again later.

I was going to go to the office today but I have an appt with the personal trainer at 5 so I decided to stay here one more day. I guess I'll go in tomorrow.

I've been spending most of my free time reading and also have started learning how to do more on the piano that I bought from Don. I can hunt and peck pretty well with my right had but picked up a book to learn to use my left hand properly. So far I'm having fun. I was supposed to sell it for him on Craig's List but I decided I like it too much to sell.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone! Sitting at work, waiting for some work to come in so I'm not just sitting here until I have orientation at 11. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Miss you girls! Just been pretty busy with work and life.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Lisa
Old 07-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, all! I'm back from vacation! Crazy morning at work...so I'm just popping in with no time for personals. Hope all is well!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #11  
a whole new life

S/C/G: 144/141.8/125

Height: 5'0"

hello all. I'm brand new to the boards and SBD, today was my first day. No major bumps yet, but I can see it's going to be a long two weeks. I opted to start while my DH is away on business, he's the worst influence on my diet!

So far I've had eggs, turkey, lots of veggies and a whole ton of water. I worry that the monotony is going to be my downfall. anyway.. wish me luck!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Mrs. B, Check out the recipe section. No monotony on the Beach!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Barb and Mrs B.

Lisa and Laurie good to see you. I have missed you both.

I'm off to lunch. I wasn't much in the bean mood last week, but I have a big pot cooked just right... fresh salsa, salad and vegies....another great SB day.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Hey, everyone! Quick check-in for me! I hope everyone is doing well. Things are good and busy here.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #15  
a whole new life

S/C/G: 144/141.8/125

thanks for all the warm welcome ladies! I did a quick grocery store trip on the way home and feel slightly more in control. I am a bit worried about warding off hunger. I never felt full at all today and had to sneak in a third snack for the day. Any suggestions?

thanks lovelies
Closed Thread