Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

Smile 99% vegan, 1 week down! :)

I've been playing around with vegetarianism and veganism on and off for years now but I never stuck with it because of not having the extra cash to buy my own food (I live with my parents still), I didn't have the will power to stay with it, or my mom would get frustrated because I was always in "her" kitchen cooking getting in her way instead of eating somthing like burger king everyday which explains a lot about why I'm so over weight. The few times I did stay with it I felt great! I felt lighter, healthier, and best of all calmer which was a shock to me since I'm usually such a nervous person!

Now that I do have the money to buy my own food I got the idea to try again. I'm trying to make life easier on my mom by cooking meals ahead of time when she doesn't need the kitchen and so far she doesn't seem to mind as much so I think I'll have better luck this time! I say I'm 99% vegan because I still drink coffee and if I'm somwhere that doesn't offer none dairy creamer I have to settle for what they have. Most of the time if that happens I'll just have tea but somtimes I just need my coffee. Also if I'm at a friends house for dinner I may have a bit of meat just to not be rude, that only happens maybe once a month.

So yes my first week is down and I'm still loving it! I feel better already! I have more energy, I'm happier, I'm calmer, and for the first time ever I didn't have my usual pms breakout! I think that was from the tons of dairy I used to eat and drink. I'm loving how I get to be creative when I'm cooking. So far I've made vegan french toast, tofu scramble, tofu "feta cheese" for salad and sandwich toppers, kitchen sink minestrone, and a few others that are very yummy!

Sorry if this was a long post I just wanted to share with everyone how excited I am about all this! Thanks!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

It is exciting and good for you for starting off and hopefully sticking with it this time. Just keep in mind there is absolutely nothing rude about not eating nonvegan food at someone's house. Yes of course you should always let the host know in advance (similar to how someone with an allergy would) and offer to bring your own if it's trouble but you don't have to make exceptions for others.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #3  
Breathe the pressure

I know it seems silly that I think it's rude I'm just a bit of a coward lol. My friends know me well enough to know that I like to jump into things so I'm just giving them a bit of time to get used to the idea that this isn't just a phase. My friends love me no matter what I decide to do it's just me wanting to ease the idea on everyone slowly. Thank you so much for the support!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

People tend to respect your beliefs more if you stick with them all the time .
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #5  
Breathe the pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
People tend to respect your beliefs more if you stick with them all the time .
I totally agree, I just tend to live an A.D.D. lifestyle. No joke I actually do have it and my book shelf and room can attest to it. I've had so many different hobbies, interests, and projects that I'd start and work on for maybe 1 or 2 weeks and then give up on that I've lost count. I've always been very impulsive which can be both good and bad. If you ever need somone to go skydiving with you I'm the one lol! Maybe I won't wait, maybe I'll tell them next time I see them instead. Thanks again!