South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #1  
femgineer

Height: 5'-11"

Default big success & and an exercise questions

Hi!

I've been on here before, but am starting over after a year without trying at all to lose weight. I've had a little success with SB before, but am wondering if anyone with a lot to lose (like me) has had big, long-term success with SBD.

Also, I see a lot of people posting goals for minutes of exercise. While I have started an exercise program (walking/hiking), I am counting miles instead of minutes - which is better?

Thanks!

I love this site - so helpful!!!
femgineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #2  

Welcome to the Beach! We post minutes on the Exercise thread because we post an Exercise Queen after the end of the month and we have to have something to compare so we use minutes. Feel free to use miles if it works better for you. Many of us do different types of exercise so minutes is a better comparison for us. The idea is to get moving and whatever helps you to do that is best for you.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

back, Femgineer!

Love your avatar...do you like bunnies or did you recently have a little one?

There are several people here who have had success in losing a lot on SBD. However, I do believe that anyone can lose a lot of weight if they find the plan that works best for them and they stick to it. You'll find many successful losers in our Maintainers forum and in other areas around 3FC.

Personally, I lost 120+ lbs just using SBD. Personal experiences led to a regain of about 40 lbs, which I'm working on getting rid of again. I've been following this WOE for over 5 years now and still love how it makes me feel.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #4  
femgineer

Height: 5'-11"

Thanks, beachgal!

No kids, but I do like bunnies - I've had that little guy since almost since I was born. I like your avatar, too!

Thanks for the insight, and congratulations on your incredible loss! It's inspiring to know that it can be done, even when it feels so far away.
femgineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi and

Its a day at a time and the days add up. The gals at the beach have been great support for me. I wasn't making it on my own.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote