Old 07-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Heartbreak cure part #1

We'll let the 'argument' thread slip please chickies, no need to see it in all its goriness! I do thank you for all your kind support.

It seems likely that I won't get my September trip to Germany: so far all that's booked are the flights but, although I've paid for mine, they're on His electronic/credit card booking, and as he doesn't reply to any contact of mine, I've written it off mentally.

So, spent the evening planning a solo trip for myself - a lovely little break to Paris, France! Moi en Paris! Now there's a spur to weightloss if ever there was one.

Needed too, I've been lazy this week foodwise. Not grossly over the top but not really a point. I'm back on form and on my way.

you all.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you.

Paris--yes, indeed, that's worth losing a few pounds for!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on moving on and taking care of yourself! What a wonderful trip to plan for!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Wonderful! Paris is certainly something to look forward to! Maybe you can change your ticket from Germany to Paris and recoup a little of the money that way? Either way, it sounds fab and I'm glad you've got a wonderful trip to look forward to. I wish I was as brave as you, to take a trip solo; I'd love to take a trip but all my friends are married and paired up, and they're a bunch of stick in the muds and don't want to travel. Boo!

Last edited by Windchime; 07-12-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Paris, How wonderful! That is such a good idea. You will be able to what you want, when you want to.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Paris! What an awesome idea! I would love to go back with just the hubby. We were there for a week with our kids right before we left hubby's post in Spain back in 1998. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it (though don't remember much because they were only 10 and 8 at the time). I'd like to go back and do more grown-up things, though!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

Chime - I'll meet you there lol! Sadly, can't transfer the ticket, because it doesn't exist as a ticket, only as an e-ticket in his name, so I'm taking it as lost. hey.

I Have been to Paris but I bet not for nearly 40 years (eep). I think I had a couple of days there en route some place else but I have absolutely no recollection of it.

I looked at other destinations in Germany and also in Spain but that felt still a little too close to our previous plans and trips, so turned my thoughts to France - I took French in school from age 8 up to university degree, so I thought I should be brave and see if I can resurrect my first love language.

I'm making it a shorter trip than the German one was, so that means I can afford a classier hotel. Getting really psyched about this, really re-committed to the weightloss after a sloppy last week. (Ignoring the little voice that says, betcha he rings as tho nothing had happened, what will u do about Germany then? [Ans: I don't know.] )

Last edited by Rosinante; 07-13-2009 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

When are you going? I'll meet you at the Eiffel Tower :-)

Seriously, if you need any help planning let me know. I should've been a travel agent!

Last edited by PinkyPie; 07-13-2009 at 04:41 AM.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

oo, what a great offer!

I'm going in mid-October, staying in the Bastille/Gare de Lyon area, considering Palym hotel. I need to be able to geet safely and sololy to the Opera Bastille on 2 nights. I'll be flying into CDG and using public transport. Currently trying to get my head round the various Paris Visite cards.

Where would be good places to visit? I may take one tourbus type option, and I wonder if I need something organized to get to Versailles? Otherwise, my French is good, if a little rusty at the moment, and I usually do my sight-seeing solo. It's a bit of a cliche but I might like to focus on the Terror - the sights, not any gruesome dungeon museums. The French Revolution was one of my first historical passions at school, might be nice to re-visit it.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

went there in 2002. you can get to Versailles using the regular train, it stops a short walk away. I have my Versailles pic as my desktop background on my personal computer.

Chartres is a great day trip too, you get to ride through beautiful contryside, and the cathedral is wonderful. A British historian Malcolm Miller gives short tours of it.

The Eiffel Tower (we went towards the late afternoon and there was almost no line)that is such a great memory for me! have a falafel in the Marais, lol. you'll have such a good time.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Alidh, I think it's great that you are planning a trip for yourself!

It was only last Friday, I think, that you emailed him and he didn't reply. So it's possible that you will hear something from him after all? Think about how you will respond (or not respond)! If you continue not to hear from him, then no need to go out of your way to tell him the plans have changed.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #12  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Alidh, I think it's great that you are planning a trip for yourself!

It was only last Friday, I think, that you emailed him and he didn't reply. So it's possible that you will hear something from him after all? Think about how you will respond (or not respond)! If you continue not to hear from him, then no need to go out of your way to tell him the plans have changed.

Jay
Jay, that is so spooky! This afternoon an email arrived:

Sorry, e-mail's been out for a few days and I've just got it sorted. Filthy cold's left me with little energy.
This week's useless -[lists workload]
Next week should be better but isn't really.
Lunch only poss on Monday or Friday. Otherwise it'd have to be late afternoon.
Over to you.

[Initial]
(I'd emailed saying how about lunch to sort out trip)

I honestly don't know what to do. I will say, when I got it my first response was annoyed! poooooopy. I'll think about it tomorrow. Maybe. Ack. Now, back in Paris.....
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

well, I'll confess to you, I've gotten worked up with friendships (esp guy friendships/relationships) in the exact same way and had essentially the same thing happen to me (where there was other stuff going on not having to do with me). I didn't know if I should say that, bec I didn't want to sound like I was dismissing how upset you were.

you'll get other feedback from people here, but I wonder a bit if part of it all isn't a difference in how men and women think. women (I'm talking me, actually) get anxious for immediate resolve, like to talk things out. guys will have the conflict, need to back off to simmer and calm down, then want to forget about it and move on.

good luck with everything
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #14  
Happy Plodder

yea, I know what u mean and I remember posting what was the matter with me that I assume my anger will lead to the end of things - but this guy, who rings 3-5 times a week, has treated me to two weeks' silent treatment. it's classic bullying - withdrawal of emotional presence behaviour. i'll think about it tomorrow, and the fact that the #1 thing i feel now is, dang, I nearly got away.....
Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can be free if you want.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote