Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 09:27 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of Nov 03

Hi all. Up early again today. I've already had breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and fed the animals. I'm feeling productive!! I'm going to a baby show/expo with my MIL today. There's supposed to be giveaways, contests, and other such stuff. It's sponsored by American Baby and Babies R Us. Maybe I will find some neat stuff. DH and I bought a device last night that we thought would let us listen to the baby's heart and play music for the baby with a special speaker for your tummy. Turns out you have to have your own CD player. We were disappointed. We've gotten rid of all portable CD players cause we have *3* of the others and we listen to MP3 now. Oh well, it's going back to the store.

RR: How was the class? Is DH absolutely exhausted?

Lauren: Are you freezing up there in northern NJ? I am down here!!

Kesco: Hope you had a great sleep-in!!

OK, gotta go get ready for the baby show. Have a super Sunday!!
Old 11-03-2002, 10:22 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen- Yes, it's pretty cold up here! Actually, we were in Toms River yesterday at my grandparent's house, and it was pretty windy and cold standing outside with the garage sale!! I wish I knew where that baby expo was that you're talking about!! Not that I have time to go, but it sounds like fun!!

I'm exhausted and just rolled out of bed...it's 10:15. I was up at butt crack to pee, but went back to sleep. Petey is soo active these days, and I guess it's not going to change for awhile, since I'm 29w3d!!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:54 PM   #3  

Hi all. Wow, I am exhausted!! I signed up for EVERYTHING possible at the baby expo. I've gone through the bags once and so far I have eight bottles, *10* pacifiers and three bibs. That's not including the numerous samples and coupons. I have a whole evenings work ahead of me. DH's aunt went with MIL and me, so I have three of most everything. I got the cutest New Father's Survival Kit for DH. Here are the contents: 2 wiggle eyes-those extra eyes for the back of your head, Rubberband-to remind you that flexibility is the key, Pencil-to remind you to list your blessings every day, Clothespin - to clip your nose while on diaper duty, Button - to remind you to sometimes "button your lip", Wipes - for cleaning up those little messes, and Tootsie roll - to help you roll with the punches............. I thought it was cute. I think I will save it and take it to the hospital with me so I can give it to him the day the baby is born. Wonder if I will remember!!

Lauren: It is in Raritan Expo Center until 5pm. We had a good time. Graco, Gerber, Evenflo, Babies R Us, First Steps plus many others. I should have posted it this morning. Sorry.

Hope ya'll are having a great day!!
Old 11-03-2002, 02:30 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!Had a great time at the expo and the classes...I got 3 diaper bags, bottles, formula etc etc!!!I also signed up for everything!!!!DH made it but he was exhausted..I think more tired today than yesterday...I found the funniest way to sleep now...I get him to lie on his side and I prop the belly on his bootie and let her kick and kick him all night....She was soooo active last night that he kept snickering cuz she has force when she pushes out with those feet!!!!!!She stays head down but she switches at times to breech that I hope she makes it down before the room run out!!!

Lauren--I wear a tummy belt some days and It makes a difference!!U may want to really try it...Now I have problems with "pressure" and it helps out tremendously!!!!

Karen--Glad U had fun!!!!Glad things are going soo well with U!!!!

Hello to all!!!!Sorry about the "baby talk"!!!! I just wish someone was before me to teach me how to do the "labor thing"!!!!!
Guess now that I have reached 34 weeks I will find out soon enough!!!!!!
RR
Old 11-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #5  
LBH

Oh man!! I'm soo jealous!! I'll have to watch out for another one!! Had I come back and checked earlier, I could've made it down there. Oh well... How did you find out about it...both of you?!
Old 11-03-2002, 06:26 PM   #6  

hi all!

I am home for the weekend so thought I'd check in. Things are going well so far. The kids are doing fine. whew. My friend is doing well, I think the toughest time will be when she returns home. It is hard trying to run my household while being away, although I know I need to be gone. Hopefully my ceilings will get painted this week (that's the schedule) and then all of that will be out of the way. I refuse to mess with it in December - that would mess up my Christmas and my decorating. So it either gets done before I get home or we're looking at January.

I am not doing well eating there - so much temptation. I just don't seem to have the desire right now. On the positive health side, I have been working out with her personal trainer twice a week and that is great. It is so HARD! I am so sore, but I know I'm doing some good. I want to get a personal trainer when I get home.

Hope you all are doing well - I scanned some of last weeks posts. If I get a chance, I'll check in more often.

Rabbit

ps - I checked out fitday.com that someone mentioned, I forget who. It is pretty cool.

Last edited by Rabbit; 11-03-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:38 AM   #7  

Hi everyone,

I've been really busy: still looking for a house, preparing for the new job, playing 2 very tough games of field hockey on saturday and sunday, not to mention the exhaustion and indigestion preceding and following these events.
Kesco, smt means something, 15/11 means 11 November, we turn the dates around here when writing them (call us Europeans, we need to feel we're different, )

Don't have a lot of time on the PC today. I have laughed myself silly on the expectant moms though. Can't wait for the time when I too am on the hunt for the best beds, diapers, bottles etcetc!
First-timers: Everybody does it, so it can't be that big a deal (ladies with kids, support me on this one)!

Love from the Olde Continent for now,

Vassiliki
Old 11-04-2002, 10:14 AM   #8  

I just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I've been battling a major head cold this past week. Luckily I got it after I finished my second 5K. The good thing is since I can't smell or taste anything I haven't been very hungry.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:05 PM   #9  

me again. Back so soon! I'm away from home again. So far did okay today on the eating front. I started journaling on that fitday.com. I like the way it tells you the total fat %, protein %, carb % . . . pretty cool.
There is way way too much halloween candy in this house!

gotta go.

Liz - Feel better!

Rabbit
Old 11-04-2002, 08:22 PM   #10  

Hi all. I had a very bad day today. My little cat died. I didn't see her yesterday which is not unusual. She liked to hide sometimes. I started looking for her when I got home today and I couldn't find her. DH looked when he got home and he found her under the futon. We had to take her in to the vets office. Thank God he found her and not me. I lost it enough as it was.

GG: Hmmm. I hope you are still hanging out here your first time............ I want to see what you say then. It's not so bad right now. I just keep finding odd aches and pains.

Rabbit: So glad that you can check in now and then.

Liz: I hope you feel better soon. Colds are yucky things. Glad you were done with the second race.

OK, gonna go snuggle with DH and let him console me. He does a very good job.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:43 PM   #11  
LBH

Oh Karen, I'm soo sorry! Do you know what happened? How old was she?

Rabbit, I agree on the halloween candy, waay too much hanging around my house too.

Been busy today...
Old 11-05-2002, 07:56 PM   #12  

Hi all. Ugh. We went to Johnny Rockets for dinner because we had a free milk shake coupon. We both had a shake. I feel like a bloated stomach on legs. We walked for a while to try and work it off but it didn't help much.

Lauren: Thanks. She was only 7 but she had had lots of kidney problems a couple of years ago. The vet thinks she just went into kidney failure and a coma then passed away. It's been tough today.

Guess everyone is busy today. I'm ready for a nap myself. One that lasts at least 8 hours. . Have a great evening.
Old 11-06-2002, 05:06 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen-Sorry about the kitty....Take care of yourself.....

Liz--Hope the head cold is better!!!

Well, I saw the OB yesterday and was having some weird contraction type pains all day...She checked and did some kind of test but no labor just yet!!! Everything was ok, she said that the baby is just really putting a lot of pressure cuz it is living in this studio apartment and running out of room!!!!She said that Thanksgiving week, when I reach to 36 weeks, she dont care when labor starts...Just that these next two weeks are the finishing touches on her lungs...Well, the official name spelling is now Kaylee Victoria...I let DH officially decide since I had picked out the name~~WOW>.I am gaining 1 lb every 2 weeks....SHe wasnt worried cuz the sugars are great and I have low BP and no swelling yet. I am now up to 12lbs!!! I am gonna worry about that later!!!!

Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 11-06-2002, 07:39 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- I like that spelling. I can't believe you can go anytime after T-Day!! I can't believe you've only gained 12 lbs. too!! I wish I could've been that disiplined and not gained soo much. I'm around 20 lbs. right now, almost 30 wks.

I've been pretty busy at work these days, which is making the days go by fast, so that's good.

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 AM   #15  

RR & LBH, I can't believe it's already time for you two to have your babies!!!!! Where do the days go?? It seems like just yesterday you were telling us you were pregnant. Good luck and I wish you quick and painless deliveries and happy healthy babies. Glad it's you and not me!!

KK, I'm so sorry about your kitty. Now that I have a "real" pet (something besides fish) I know what it means to love a little animal with all your heart.

Rabbit, hi there! I love fitday but can never enter my stuff for more than two days. It's so detailed!!! I have a hard enough time writing in my notebook with my shorthand. I'm terrible at journaling for any length of time.

I'm finally feeling better. I still haven't managed to get back to the gym. My heads just too stuffy in the morning and I'm still tired a lot. I can smell and taste again and yesterday I was an eating machine. I'm hoping by Monday I can get back to my normal schedule. This sleeping in late and having a relaxing morning with DH is wonderful though.
Closed Thread