Old 07-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Talking 30 Somethings Weekend Chat 7/11-7/12

Just starting the thread.

The kids and I made two French Silk Pies today for a church pot luck tomorrow. One will make it there, one will not. My goal is to only have ONE piece, log it on my food record and enjoy it! I need to make some casserole or something for tomorrow to - probably will go with Shepherd's Pie, easy, cheap and yummy!

Glad tomorrow is DH's day off - miss that guy this week. With school starting it seems like it's been a loooong week!

Going to go make some coffee and read my book. Ever read the Chronicles of Narnia? It's much better than that movie they made. I didn't realize that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was just one of like 7 or 8 stories in that book. Anyway, it's a nice light, fanciful read.

Have a great weekend!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Slow day, huh? I've been out pretty much all day. I really needed a haircut, so I called this AM to see if my girl had an opening...not really expecting to get one...and she did! She had a cancellation. So I had 40 minutes to get there, and still had to shower. I made it in time, then stopped by mom's afterwards to p/u my laptop, which my cousin fixed (new hard drive ) Then mom wanted to take me shopping for clothes for my birthday (next week). She wanted to go to Kohls, which i have little patience for, because their plus department sucks (at least at the store by me), and the lines are enough to make me drop everything and walk out. I ended up getting quite a few tops, which I needed, and a pair of shorts and a nice skirt/blouse set for work...if I get a job. I called DH to ask him if he minded me going shopping, since he was home with the boys, and he said if I stopped at Sonic and got him a burger, he would be OK. They just opened a Sonic by my mom, and we've never been (first in the area), but since he sees the commercials on tv all the time, he was dying to try it. We waited about 20 minutes from the time we pulled in the parking lot until we pulled away from the drive-thru!! They had a cop directing traffic, and like 3 employees out there directing traffic! And the place has been open for a few weeks now. Are they like that everywhere?? Anyway, I didn't get anything for me, except a Mango Cooler, which just sounded soo good. I didn't care for it, it had chunks of pineapple in the bottom, and I'm not big on pineapple in things.

Anyway, got home and I think DH is a little stressed out from being with the boys all day...he's a little snippy. Right now I'm waiting for Windows Vista to finish installing on my laptop. My cousin installed XP, but I finally dug through everying in the office and found the Vista CD. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Of course, all my stuff on my old hard drive is GONE...all my files and all my pics. But I'm not done trying. I'm going to see if I can find anyone to pull it apart and fix it...for less than the professionals charge.

Morton, I remember reading, or attempting to read, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I think it scared me or something. Never got into the Narnia movies.

Have a great evening all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #3  

I spent a great day with my DD (16) today. The boys were gone so we had a total mother-daughter day.

I started planning my menu for next week. I didn't get far but will get to it later today. Doing this makes all the difference in my weight loss efforts.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

DH and I were goign to drop off the kids with my parents and hike a beautiful hike today that neither one of us has ever done, BUT the baby woke up with a fever and she is in no shape to run around with my mom and dad. Plus, all she wants to do is sit in my lap which is definitely not normal. We are bummed but I guess the hike will just have to wait.

I bought a protein powder yesterday because I am not getting enough protein in my daily diet and it was disgusting. I am going to have to investigate this a little bit more.

I don't have any activity or food planned for today. I am going to have to figure this out.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote