Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #1  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Default How many of you exercise 2 times a day?

I would like to incorporate this in to my routine. Are there any tips you can offer me to break in gently?

Last edited by better health3; 07-10-2009 at 02:12 PM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I break mine into 3 sessions of 30 minutes each most days, some days I do 2 sessions of 30 minutes. And of course, I take one day of rest each week. My advice would be to try not to overdo it.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the laugh.
Obviously I am no help.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It depends, sometimes I will exercise before work and after work. It depends but sometimes weights in the morning, cardio in the evening. I generally walk my dogs on most days and sometimes I'll stretch the walk and make sure we are walking at a good pace with some running mixed in as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #5  
Searching

I try to not think as the first time as exercise. Sometimes I go for 1.5 mi walk at work and then hit the trail or the bike in the evening. (Which is more fun than exercise too )
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 316/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I have not started the 2 a day yet but plan to in the fall. Right now I do gym work 1-1.5 hours in the mornings 4x week. In the evenings and on weekends, I do projects around the house (remodeling and yardwork). My plan on the weekend is to just keep moving.

In the fall, I plan to add swimming to my evenings 2-4 times a week.
quiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post

Thanks for the laugh.
Obviously I am no help.
Ok, this was funny!!

I do my largest amount of exercise in the mornings. Then, I do a 1 1/2 mile walk over my lunch break (doesn't happen all of the time, but I try...). The other thing I want to do, but haven't yet, is to add some when I get home from work. This is hard for me because my kids are active in sports, so it is always something!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #8  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I've been walking into the train station for my morning commute (about 4 miles). I also try to do walking at night. If you incorporate the exercise into your daily routine of things you normally do (like going to work, etc.) it is pretty easy to stick to.

Good luck!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/149/105

Height: 5'2

as for me, i work out in the morning and do an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. and then after work, i do another hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights.

the first workout is to burn the breakfast and lunch calories..lol

the second workout is to burn dinner calories and snacks...

for me, its FUN! i like working out.

i have more energy and i like to challenge myself...
joyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post

Thanks for the laugh.
Obviously I am no help.
Ditto!!!

I'm singing from the rooftops if I get myself to do it once! Definitely the weakest part of my plan...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #11  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It depends on how early my kids wake up....if I can finish before they get up then I only do my planned exercise in the morning but if they wake up early I will divide it up. Usually the running in the am and what ever else I have on my calendar later on after they go to bed.

If you want to do it twice in a day then count on it as a given and not an option....it's harder to weasel out of that way
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #12  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I wake up early and get my first 60 minute session in at six and then usually another 60 minutes in the evening at six. Some days I incorporate other little things in between, like the Wii or some Core training as well. I set up my workout up schedule by the month, and that usually keeps me honest and I always know what I have to do for the next day.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #13  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Thanks for all of the input. I appreciate it.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I built up to twice a day by starting out with two 15 min. walks a day. The American Heart Assoc.'s guidelines for activity state to do 30 minutes of activity and it can broken up if needed. Just remember 30 minutes total 5 days a week of moderate-intensity aerobic excercise.
I now do the 30 Day Shred (okay... still attempting to do but at least now by the end of the work out I'm not on the floor panting and wheezing... now I can sit up and pant and wheeze, LOL!) in the morning, first thing. I find I push myself more with the instructional DVD and once that's out of the way I feel relieved and accomplished at the same time. Since I do it right after I get up I don't give myself time to debate or try to negoiate myself out of it! Then later (at my house its about 3p, after the kids' naps) we go for a 20 to 30 min walk around our neighborhood. The time and intensity varies based on how long I can get my 4 year old to go for, if he's with me, or if he stayed home with Dad. If he goes and he's tired or cranky we only do one lap and I can go home and since I did the earlier workout I don't stress about my second one being so leisurely.
So my advice, break it into small amounts of time and get comfortable and committed then when you have that down challenge yourself. Increase the increments by 5 minutes here or 10 minutes there and you'll be up to doing two full 30 min+ workouts a day!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Mine is broken into several mini-sessions. At first it was because I had such a hard time getting started with exercise but now I like it. I have a sedentary job and just wanted to get some steps on my pedometer.

I get 15 minutes before work on most days. I need to get to work early to get a parking space and found this an excellent time to have a short walk. It has been extra helpful now that the full South Carolina summer has set in. I get a 10 minute walk in the middle of the morning and then another 15 or 20 minutes at lunch. I declare that it makes me feel better and makes me more productive at work. I could not hit my target number of steps with them.

Last I do a 30 exercise video once I get home. At least, most days I do. but if I don't do this, at least I know that I got my steps in.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote