South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Cluck-In

Good morning from Delta where a record is being set today - two days of sunshine......maybe. There just might be hope for my poor rice paddy of a garden.

I can't hang out much in here this morning as my sister and I are off to Kingston to get the train to Toronto at noon. I though she was driving but plans have changed so I really need to clean up my pigsty of a car. I've been hauling earth and plants in it and it's a mess. I need to get out there with the vacuum before Donna gets here and tackles the house.

The Toronto trip is to celebrate my 70th which actually was in January. This weekend was the first free one for my brother, sister and me - that is pretty pathetic! After dinner tonight, we go to see "Jersey Boys" which I hear is terrific.

I get home Sunday evening and am really looking forward to next week which looks completely clear at the moment except for a delivery of a truckload of earth to fill my raised bed. Doing it one bag at a time will take until September!

Have a great TGIF!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday celebration Ruth!

Morning everyone.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Have a fun weekend, Ruth! You've earned after your past few weeks. I haven't seen Jersey Boys, but I've heard nothing but great reviews about it and the music is super. Oldies but goodies!

We're blessed with another perfect day here. Warm with low humidity. I can't believe we haven't had to turn the air on yet this summer! I've taken the girls swimming every day this week, but we have some clothes shopping to do today, and Maggie has a Dr. appt. this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm getting my car inspected in the morning, but the rest of the weekend is looking free so far.

Time for a refill before I do some tidying up and vacuuming.

ETA:

Good morning, Susan! Nice to see you in here!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-10-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy your birthday fun. It's so much fun being with family remembering fun times and creating new memories!
Cottage, your weekend sounds like mine...just let it unfold and dig in!
Morning Susan..have a great day!

Me...had a lot of fun yesterday. A friend of mine who has a truck came over and picked up my husband and I so we could go to lowes and pick up rebar and pvc pipe to make my clothesline. Later we drove over to the lakefront and took him out for lunch. I had a killer sliced tuna salad with wasabi dressing. It was so yum! Then we stopped by a nursery and I got a meyer lemon tree. I've been wanting one for a long time.

Today I'm meeting some friends I used to teach with and we are going out for lunch together at a fantastic restaurant. We call ourselves the ya-yas and always have a lot of fun together. We've all been buddies for about 25 years or so.

Hoping my clothesline is done soon..husband has to cut some rebar first. I can just smell those fresh sheets on the bed. (I'm a freak for clean fresh linen!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-10-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Ruth, Enjoy your train ride and your weekend with family. Sounds wonderful!

Cottage, We've had our AC on since May. Bet your power bill is loverly.

Susan, Nice to meet you!

Cat, My parents have lots of fruit trees, mostly citrus. My favorite is a Louisiana Sweet orange tree. The fruit is heavenly!

Me: My easy day yesterday turned into a very busy day. Today is going to be busy... Hope it doesn't get busier! At least it's Friday. My house is in bad shape and I need to spend my weekend fixing that. We are having dinner with my BIL/SIL tomorrow night. That will be fun.

Hope you all have a great Friday!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello Susan!
Your 70th Ruth!! How did that slip past us? Have a great weekend.
Chelby, don't spend all weekend cleaning. Working girls need to have some fun too.
Sounds like a great day Cat. Enjoy.
oooh, a free weekend cottage - sounds wonderful!

I am so glad it's Friday. Actually I don't have much planned for the weekend yet, but I always manage to fill it up. Today I'm knocking off work early to get my hair cut & color, and have to run some shopping errands too. Then it's pizza night at my mom's (and maybe the kids will stay over ). Tomorrow morning I'm planning breakfast at the PA Dutch Market and then the Farmer's Market with my friend. The rest of the weekend, who knows?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #7  
sophie

Ruth - have fun, hope the garbage strike doesn't affect you too much. I haven't been downtown since it started.

Cottage - enjoy your free weekend. No air conditioner here and I have been drying my clothes mostly outside so hopefully the electric bill won't be too high this summer.

Susan - hello and nice weekend to you too.

Femme - hope we get a picture of your clothesline up soon.

Chelby - don't forget to enjoy Auston.

Schmoodles - I'm sure you will be able to fill your weekend fast. Enjoy your outing.

me - a friend is coming over and staying Sat. night. I am looking forward to it. Now out to spruce up my gardens.

take care
Sophie
I gained .4lbs since last Friday, must be the salt in the sausage as I was very good this week. Off to dring water and just have to have a glass of wine tonight.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good morning Ladies:
I'm chugging away working from home day 2. I've got my Coffee and actually had some Fib 1 this morning not ph 1 but I need to have a celebration (LOL Hi Weez!)
i tried my new Leslie Sansone 5 day slimdown dvd did 3 of the 5 miles that woman KICKED MY ARSE I can do her normal 3 mile no worries but this has body specific miles I did the regular mile then the leg mile and the ab mile Then I pretty much died for a while.
Hoping to go to Trader Joes tonight with my gf and having a Harry Potter fest
tomorrow Shopping and Lunch with anothre gf and sunday a baby shower
Ruth As a Jersey Girl I thoroughly applaud you seeing Jersey boys to celebrate your UnBirthday! (I haven't seen it but I love Frankie Valli)
Linda- I'm loving this weather! I'm just wishing my screens were better!
Cat Sounds like you're having a great day!
Chelb Mine does too I have to find sometime to make it look human!
Schmoo Have fun getting your 'do did! Hey can you post your shrimp fried "rice" recipe?
Ok back to work!!
Kierie
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #9  
-

OMG.....I just found a picture of myself from 2002. I was not at my heaviest then either. (I'm the one in the back row in the red dress) I really don't have many pictures of myself for many years cause I ran away from cameras.
All I can say is thank you SB. I just showed it to my husband and he just shook his head and gave me a big smooch.
I was 47 at the time and look years younger now than I did then.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-10-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

G'mornin chickies!
sound's like everyone has fantastic plans for the weekend! Me... I get to work all weekend! Booooo
man.. yesterday.. I had an unbelievable day! I had energy that did not quit! I was jazzed all day long! it was great!
cooked the Taco Bake from the recipe forum.. YUM wow! whole family loved it! I ate it over a bed of lettuce.. they had tortilla chips with it.
Then my hubby and preggo daughter and I went for a nice long walk.
and it all started with my perfect omelet! LOL
Now.. I've gotta get off here.. cuz my DH is dragging me to the gym! he wants to work out and wants me to tooo.. I will probably just walk on the treadmill or ride the stationary bike.. not a big fan of weights just yet!
Hope you all have AMAZING weekends!!
Tina
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cat, I saw the most interesting documentary on the Creole people the last time I was in Louisiana. Wish I remember the name of it. Have you seen it? Are you Creole?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #12  

PHuns - Have a good workout. I like to bring a book and ride the recumbent bike. I don't notice the time then. I'm dying to try some of the classes out too. This gym has water aerobics which I used to enjoy.

Cat - Wow! You really look different now. I feel the same way when I see pictures of myself from 5 years ago. And I feel so much younger (even though I still have a ways to go to reach goal, that 50 I have lost makes a difference).

KO - I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter movie. I loved the book. Don's in class all next week when it comes out but I imagine we can find time to see it before Brian comes back on Aug 9th. I KNOW Brian will see it with his Dad so I'm not waiting for him.

sophie - Have fun with your friend.

schmoodle, chelby, susan, Ruth - The weekends always seem to go so fast. Have a great one.

cottage - I wish I didn't have to use the air so much. My electric bill was $100 higher this month than last and the temp is back in the 100's today.

I'm working on following up on a lot of little stuff today and then hope to hang out with Don for awhile tonight. We spent a long time on the phone last night but it's a lot more fun in person. I can't find one of my cat's right now and that's worrying me a bit. I don't recall her going outside but she's doing a great disappearing act. I hope she shows up soon.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cat! You're like 2 people! I have the same feeling looking at my wedding pic which is about 70 pounds ago it's strange and I do feel I look younger now.

Phins So glad you had a good day!! Lovin the taco bake
Barb James and I will be seeing it at 12:01 am on 7/15 I'm a little obsessed I love aqua aerobics!!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the run today but I it is important for me to check in. I'm not MIA or AWOL, just getting thru some frustration and getting back on track. I was too late getting up to but I did . Now am getting ready to go with DH on a hike with the dogs. I had my smoothie and vitas before pooling, but am having a hearty breakfast now. Its the works;turkey bacon, egg beaters w/salsa, sauteed zucchs and a slice of Ezekial toast. I want to have energy for hiking in the heat.

So I missed Ruth, bye! Have fun!

Cottage, enjoy your perfect weather!

Tina finding the energy on SB!!!

Cat, your pic keeps me motivated! I, too, don't like the camera. Don't recall I've seen a current pic, but know you are happy, healthy and slender!!!! I'm going to peruse the article later. It looks interesting.

KO, you'd knock me on my butt with your walking videos!

Sophie, have a great day. I forgot to ask if you ever make jams without sugar.

Barb, enjoy catching up. I hope your kitty comes out of hiding soon.

Schmoodle, have a great pizza night and wonderful farmer's markets tomorrow.

Chelby, I have another joke for you, since you lived in Colorado....later....have a happy day! If you have any other states you'd like to pick I have one for all 50.

Seriously, SB friends, I am feeling great! I am winding down on week 9. In the last 7 days I am dropping weight like crazy. I think I've really detoxed from all the crappy stuff. I'm really content right now to look at things from the long view since these 2 1/2 months have gone by so fast, and I'm not craving anything right now that's not on my plan. Thanks, all, and I'll check in later.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #15  
-

Chelby, yep, I'm Creole. (why I love to cook, I guess!) One of my "hobbies" is Creole history and genealogy research. Wish I had more time for it. I also run a website and discussion group on the subject.

Lex...there is a (fairly) currant picture of me in my profile.
Closed Thread