Is this normal (even on day one)?

Does it get worst/better?

Or am I just being a big baby?
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

did you cut out your caffeine/sugar/salt like you are supposed to?? if that is the case ( and you are used to consuming them daily) then "YES" it is VERY normal!! Caffeine and carb withdrawls will leave you feeling like crap/no energy......Good news is..of COURSE it gets better!! Stick with it!! Get the junk out of your system( that is the point of pre-conditioning) and in a couple days you will feel 110% better!!!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Ruben

Hang in there! That was the biggest hurdle for me. The first few days can be a bit overwhelming. You can do this!
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #4  

Thanks

Yep, I am following exactly.

Lack of coffee all day is probably one of the main reasons I feel bad.

I did cheat this AM and had some coffee (w/splenda) since I had a 7AM meeting, but none since and only food from the "menu".
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I am visiting this site trying to get some insight to this diet. I was on Medifast and lost 45#. However it all came back and then some.. How is this diet different from Medifast. I don't know what the food plan is on this. On Medifast you have 5 meal replacements and one lean and green meal each day. I would like to do this if I can find out if people who have done it have kept the weight off longer than I did on Medifast. It does sound promising..
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I am visiting this site trying to get some insight to this diet. I was on Medifast and lost 45#. However it all came back and then some.. How is this diet different from Medifast. I don't know what the food plan is on this. On Medifast you have 5 meal replacements and one lean and green meal each day. I would like to do this if I can find out if people who have done it have kept the weight off longer than I did on Medifast. It does sound promising..
I did Medifast once before... the whole meal replacement thing is just too extreme and I think that it henders you in the long run when you are trying to integrate normal foods back into your diet.
With Metabolic Research Center you are eating normal food for all of your meals. I think that people have a better chance of success for that reason alone. You lose the same amount as you would on Medifast. I think that Medifast ends up being a bit or a lot more expensive depending on how much you have to lose... thats even if you werent going to a Medifast Center while on their diet. With MRC the "Coaching" comes with the program.
However, if you decide that meal replacement was the "thing" for you, you can integrate some of MRCs meal replacement products.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-07-2009 at 03:53 PM.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #7  

I think I was actually buying Medifast for 6 months and it cost me almost 2 grand.. And I was cheating the last couple months and not losing any weight so it was a big waste of money for me. My own fault though. I still have some that I use when I am too lazy to make lunch for work. There is no MF center here in Portland so I had a coach in CA who would call once in a while and was no help what so ever. I think I need to be accountable to someone and check in and get good help and advice which it sounds like MRC is a good place for that..
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Try B12 suppliments for the withdrawl. Caffine was the biggest struggle for me. But worth it. Make sure you drink your water and it will all flush out of your system. Hang in there
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I think I was actually buying Medifast for 6 months and it cost me almost 2 grand.. And I was cheating the last couple months and not losing any weight so it was a big waste of money for me. My own fault though. I still have some that I use when I am too lazy to make lunch for work. There is no MF center here in Portland so I had a coach in CA who would call once in a while and was no help what so ever. I think I need to be accountable to someone and check in and get good help and advice which it sounds like MRC is a good place for that..
Just be careful with all of the extra pills they try to sell you... they can get WAY expensive. All you need to buy from them is the HNS supplements. You can get the flax seed and vitamin elsewhere for cheaper.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
and I feel terrible.

Headache, low energy, hungry.

During my preconditioning I had a day like that and when I did my WI I asked about it. I had only eaten the 3 meals the day before... no snacks. The coach said to keep up with the snacks to keep my energy. I did this the rest of the preconditioning this way and didn't have the problem again. Hang in there! Good Luck!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
and I feel terrible.

I beleive it is normal because I felt the same way you do when I first started. I wanted to give up but I realize that over time it had to get better and it did. So hang in there and you will be glad that you did.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #12  

I have kind of been following the thing about not getting into all the stuff they try to sell you. If I can lose this weight with out all the "extras" then that will be the route I will go. Thanks to those of you who offered your expertise on this.. I really do appreciate it.. Hopefully I will be losing along with everyone else soon.. You all seem so great!

Ronnie
Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
and I feel terrible.

Hey Ruben,
THis is normal and exactly how I felt... It took at least 3 days to get over this, felt very nauseated, tired, had no energy etc... Hang in there, add the Vitamin B12 sublingual is best, drink plenty of water and keep going, it's worth it!! Can't wait to hear about your successes and Welcome :0)
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote