South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning through the drizzle. Yesterday we had a storm that gave us a whole inch of rain in about ½ hour. I made the short dash from house to car and got soaked right through to my undies. I gave myself first aid with dry clothes and an afternoon nap!

My house smells of strawberries drying - a lovely summer smell. In winter, I will have to be very careful to limit my serving size. Four litres of strawberries dried down to just over a cup - maybe eight servings?

Yesterday was spent doing odds and ends to finish up after the Church dinner. I washed and dried 54 aprons that we borrowed from the Fair and must return them today. No, I did NOT iron them!

I also got finances all set for my house "addition" - that sounds huge but it's just a 14' by 16' room with an ensuite. An appraiser is coming at 9 this morning to do an evaluation. It'll be interesting to see what this $59000 house is worth these days. (I'm putting a small mortgage on to pay for the new room and the septic system.)

After he leaves, I hope to dash down to Brockville to get some earth for my raised bed which is sitting there empty! Jazz and I will do pet therapy this afternoon. It'll be nice to get back into routine.

Hope your Tuesday has some splashes of sunshine.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I can't complain about the weather, we're getting a huge dose of sunshine after almost 2 solid months of rain.

I have an extra early start to my work day today, but I think I'm going to bring the girls over here for a day of swimming. Today is Jake's birthday, so we may bake a cake for him if we get around to it. I promised to take him out for a big steak dinner this coming weekend, and tonight he wants spaghetti and meatballs. (thanks, Schmoodle!) It will be felafel balls over shiratake for me, though.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Mornin' Ruth. Glad to hear all your projects are shaping up. Mmm....strawberries. I love strawberries, but don't have many grown in our area. I'm not sure why.

Cottage, enjoy your sunny pool day with the girls and a Happy Birthday to Jake.

It's going to be a beautiful Colorado blue sky day and I've enjoyed the unfolding morning. I looked out the back door and the nearly full moon was right over the mountains to the SW.

It's a typical Tuesday here, but I'm going to squeeze an early project in before the rest of the crew rises. Months ago my Sis dropped the whistle to my tea kettle. I know where it is, but have been resisting the urge. Its under the stove.(2 dogs and a long hair cat) I know what else is waiting. I might as well scrub the floor while I'm down there. Does this count as exercise?

Later I'll and . Tonight to the Farmer's Market for more cherries.

I'm really grateful to not have cravings today, and that in itself is enough to have another clean day.

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning All!
Ruth, Can't wait to see pics of the addition progress when it starts...sounds like fun!
Cottage, enjoy that sunshine!
Lex, scrubbing under stuff is always a good feeling. I'm scared to even think of what lurks beneath my stove. May be the Loup Garou!

Me. No plans for the day other than the gym and grocery store. We ended up having a wonderful thunderstorm yesterday (no rain here since the middle of May) We were at the dentist's office in the morning when it started and there was literally clapping when it came down and everyone rushed to the windows to see it.
My son's "fake tooth" was supposed to be ready by Friday after his impressions yesterday morning. They called yesterday afternoon and it was ready. He was one happy boy. He looks like my kid again!

I got ahold of a washing machine repair guy and he said he would try to get it fixed after looking at it, then said he may not be able to...but he did and I was thrilled. I washed clothes all evening long.

More rain in store for today and I'm thrilled about it. I thought I was going to lose a very old magnolia tree that I love.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I hate being caught in those down pours. Sounds like just the right treatment plan.

Cottage - Your falafel and shirataki idea has my brain spinning. I make komatsuna with a tahini, soy & lemon juice sauce that would mix really well with the falafel and noodles. hmmmm

Debbie - I love cherries. I do have a bit of trouble with a serving size though Sounds like a lovely Colorado day for you.

This is a weird week for me. I work half a day today (appointments in the morning), a full day tomorrow and then half a day again Thursday before heading back to my parents for the weekend.Now I'm just getting through today though

Yesterday's trip was fabulous and exhausting. We had two new life birds and saw Minke, Fin and Humpback whales. Two of the humpbacks were bubble feeding, something I've never seen before. Got home about 2 hours later than expected but it was well worth it.

Now on to my day. Hope yours is relatively bump free

ETA - Good morning Cat. Enjoy your much needed rain.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-07-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Jeff and Auston got up early this morning to go to the Atlanta Aquarium and The World of CocaCola in Atlanta. Auston said, "I'll 'merember' everything so I can tell you!" So cute! I know I should correct those errors, but I love them so much.

Ruth, Your addition sounds wonderful! Living in a construction zone is hard, but worth it in the end!

Cottage, Auston loves spaghetti and golfballs. Yum!

Lexxiss, Scrubbing floors counts as exercise in MY book! That's hard work! We visited CO when I was pregnant. I ate cherries till they did bad things to my body. oops!

Cat, It's hard to believe that Louisiana is in a draught! My family is praying for rain -- but nothing tropical!

Cyndi, You have such adventures! I would love to see whales. When Auston goes to college (he's starting Kindergarten in the fall), Jeff and I are going to Hawaii. Maybe we'll see them then.

Me -- Just another day at the office. My boss, who had the surgery about 3 weeks ago, came back to work for 1/2 day yesterday. His wife drove him. We were surprised to see him. He's always been extremely Type A. The heart problems and the two surgeries seemed to have calmed him down a whole lot. I like it!

The Farmer's Market is open today. I'm going to see if purple hull peas are ready yet. They are my favorite!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

One more thing before I head out. I was looking at an article yesterday about the "superfoodsrx" site and headed over to the site to take a look. Think I may buy the book today. Anyway, they were talking about how good cinnamon is for you and I saw where they added it to yogurt, so I gave it a whirl last night. Took some greek yogurt and added a little agave to it, then sprinkled in pumpkin spice (I was out of cinnamon) and a couple of drops of good vanilla and talk about yummy! I usually don't even think about cinnamon or pumpkin spice unless it's the holidays, but it was such a treat, I thought I'd share that.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-07-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #8  

Cinnamon omlet is one of my favorite breakfasts.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I must have been craving cinnamon when I made that cinnamon omelet last week. It satisfied the craving, but I still didn't like it too much.
Chels, do tell about the purple hull peas. I haven't seen those before.
Cyndi, your trip sounds wonderful. I don't know what bubble feeding is, but I'm sure I'd like to see it. pix?
Cat, the kids were watching monster hunters not long ago and they were talking about the Loup Garou. Otherwise, I'd have no idea what you were talking about.
Lexxiss, I always count cleaning as exercise!
cottage, my meatballs over zucchini last night was fabulous! Maybe because we were at the pool until 7:30 and starving by the time we got home.
Ruth, no ironing, shame on you! When I get the ironing board out, DH takes a picture for posterity. When my MIL visits, she irons my sheets and underwear - that's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Today looks beautiful right now although I think we've got storms predicted for later this afternoon. That's okay, we haven't been getting hit like the Northeast. I've got a big to-do list for today and hope to get through it all. I've got to go to the MVA at lunch to renew the car registration - I waited too long to do it online, and that's my punishment, I guess. I had a good phase I day yesterday.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #10  
sophie

Good Morning, no drizzle here but soon.

Ruth - Ruth, you will be the talk of the town, not ironing aprons. I laughed yesterday when I read that you might be baking more pies - thought that its like a woman in labour, forgets about the pain the next day.
Cottage - enjoy the pool with the girls and Happy Birthday to Jake.
Cat- Glad son's tooth arrived. Sounds like you are really relaxing this summer and energizing for next year. I have a book called 12 Superfoods and enjoyed reading it. I always sprinkle cinnamon on my cereal, on top of my cappucinno and in my baking whenever possible. Love the stuff.
Lexxiss, yes, cleaning the floor is exercise, at least in this house it is. We are suppose to get a new floor and I keep putting things off. Thanks for posting the carrot cake recipe. I have written it down.
Cyndi - what a wonderful day you had, and your week sounds short.
Chelby - I too haven't seen purple hull peas. I enjoy reading about your little Auston.

me - went strawberry picking yesterday but not drying the berries, making jam for my guys. I do it without certo just plain cooking down and it takes long. Strawberries were expensive here, for upick $1.70 lb but its just 5 minutes from home so I didn't waste gas. The dumpster is coming today and we figured that it will be gone by Friday, will celebrate with some bubbly.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #11  

Schmoodle -- Purple Hull Peas are exactly as they sound. When they are ready to pick, the hull is a deep purple -- like eggplant. My fingers are stained for days after shelling them. They are similar to black eyed peas, but tastier. Yum!

I went back to work in April after being a SAHM for 5 years. One morning, I had to iron my work pants so I pulled out the ironing board. Auston asked, "What's that?" Shame on me!

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-07-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
Schmoo Now I need to get some Zuch that sounds so good
Cat try some nutmeg and ginger in it as well I also put it in flax muffins definitely gets me my fix
Chelb Man Auston is so cute! merember now what are those peas?
Cyn that sounds so wonderful color me the best kind of jealous did you get pics?
Lexxis I love cherries! I'm addicted
Cottage do you make your own Felafel?
Ruth Can't wait for details on the new room and I'm coming over just to breathe in the strawberries!
Me My supercharged comes today I ca't start true ph 1 till tomorow b/c tonight I'm eating cheese for 2.5 hours and getting paid for my opinions
Also getting a new watp and the second in the southern vampire chronicles
So hopefully post cheesefest I'll get my sweat on!
We have a pizza party next week at work (I've already requested salad) and they asked me to make dessert does anyone have a good technique for the PB cookies so they don't taste soo splenda y?
ok back to work!!
Kierie
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #13  

Good morning girls,
I am going to be posting too, just feel bad and I will be posting soon. The SB flu stinks! I am so determined, today is already better than yesterday day 1.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Happy Tuesday. I am tried today, really tired. I wish a nap was in my near future. Working all day and then traffic school tonight. I won't be home until after 10pm and I have to be up at 4:45am for the gym in the morning. Thinking of that is making me MORE tired!!
I went to the gym this morning and got in a great workout on the ellipitical.
Work is.... ok, honestly, not loving it. I miss my old schedule, I miss lazy summer days with my kids. I am getting really stressed out with the people I work with and the work I have. I am begging my husband to let me quit! :-) I know it isn't wise to do.... but this is becoming "just a job", and I feel like the time away from my kids isn't worth it. I wish we had another holiday weekend coming up, soon!!
My eating has been pretty good, making better choices. Still trying to get rid of these few pounds I have put on since working. Why is it so hard to take them off but so easy to put them on???
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

I've finally got my house to my self again!
My youngest (the twins) have graduated from high school.. and so I'm having to deal with not having my house to myself!! but soon enough.. they will be gone and my house will feel empty!! my son has joined the Navy and will leave in November for basic training.. and his twin sister... got married last week and will be having a baby in just about a month. and will be joining her new hubby in Alaska after she has the baby! (he's in the Army) so it's been an insane month for me! and to top it off.. i decided to start back on South Beach! LOL what a perfect time! right.. if I can do it thru all the stress being heaped on me I can do anything!

Ruth Yay for the rain! it finally rained here over the weekend and cooled things off just a little! Dried strawberries sound amazing! we've already started thinking about renovations when the twins actually move out... i've got a list a mile long!!!

cottage sounds like a great day! we used to use popcorn chicken instead of meatballs for spaghetti... I need to come up with an alternative now... Spaghetti squash and parmesan cheese coated baked chicken bites. maybe!

y'all have a great day!
Closed Thread