Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Cool BodyBugg/GoWearFit/SenseWear-MiniFly

I have been looking at buying the bodybugg for almost a year now. I kept telling myself I know how to diet and exercise, and I just couldn't talk myself into spending that much money on a gadget. I finally decided yesterday that I was gonna spend the money and buy one. The problem is once I started researching I find there are too many options. I've read a lot of posts on 3FC about bodybugg vs gowearfit, but I still can't make up my mind. I read that the biggest advantage awhile ago was that BB would do a daily nutrition log but since then GWF has upgraded their software. So am I correct in the only real difference is that BB has more complex data analysis where the GWF has some kind of sleep analysis? And then the MiniFly I just become too overwhelmed! HELP! Someone please help me decide! I'm excited and can't wait to order one...but which one!?!?!?!

Thanks,
Catherine
CatherineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I like the GWF. I have the BB but my daughter has GWF and she gets much better reports. All I can print is food logs. I cannot print a graph of weight loss over time or calories in/out over time, etc.

I know nothing about miniFly.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

There isn't a specific "print this page" button for BB but there is a weight loss graph you can print, and you can look up various time ranges of calories "last 30 days, since program began, since last weigh in" etc. Or look up individual days by calendar... I haven't see then GWF program though.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #4  

Yeah, but GWF you can actually download the graphs and such into Excel I think it is. So far as measuring they're the same so the only real difference is the software and type of reports and such that you can print.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #5  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi there,
I am sort of hijacking this thread but I have a somewhat related question. Do you need to pay for a monthly subscription to the manufacturer's website to get access to your reports? Or can you access them some other way?
I've been looking into these things a little bit as well and I get turned off by the apparent need to have a continuing subscription to access data.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #6  

As far as I know with GWF you can download the report into Excel or as a .pdf file and then save it to your computer. As long as you are utilizing the armband you will need a subscription to track and download the information. I started out with WW and had to pay, several of the better online tracking/journaling services charge a fee so it's all what you want I guess. The BB is much cheaper per month and does so much more.

I've also seen a lot of people talking about the fitbit, but that's more of a fancy pedometer. The BB, GWF and Sensewear measure your calories burned in 4 -5 different ways including the heat your body gives off which is why it has to touch your skin.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Ah that's cool Mel didn't know about the report files.

I went with the BB because at the time GWF didn't have daily food logs, but they both do now... I don't find the sleep thing a big deal, so if I were to buy again I'd likely just go with whomever had the best sale price and ongoing subscription price at the time. How much is the GWF per year renewal now? I know the BB comes to like a little over 6.50/mo now if you go with the year.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7

I finished reading the current BB/GWF thread earlier, and I decided to go with the GWF. It looks like I also just missed the father's day promotion. Are there any other promotions going on right now? Looks like it's $260 (monitor+watch) from amazon and $250 from GWF (if I remember correctly). I'm really excited; I wish I could just drive and get it somewhere tomorrow!

Catherine
CatherineC is offline   Reply With Quote