General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #1  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Default New Show:Dance Your--- Off!

I was wondering if anyone else saw this new weight loss competitionshow.Dance
your ---Off!I saw it for the 1st time today on Bravo. All the people in the competition have weight to lose,.Some alot more than others.They have to lose weight,but also have to participate in a dance competition w/an experienced dancer.They get to wear great costumes,and learn dance moves. I really liked it.
The only thing that I thought was unfair,was some of the contestents have dance experience. But,that's the show.Anyone else see it?What did you think?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I watched it and well, I wasn't really impressed with it but I will wait a couple more episodes before I come to a final conclusion about it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #3  

I didn't like it. I love The Bigest Loser and hoped it would be along those lines, but I didn't find it that way at all. We learned nothing about the contestants and it seemed just like a way to oogle fat people in tiny costumes.. I may watch it one more time to see if I was wrong....
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I liked it. I liked how light these folks were on their feet. The one woman doing the Tina Turner deal was just plain incredible. What I would do to move like that! I happened to think they all looked great. I was sad the one girl was voted off--the former model. I thought her routine was very cute.

Also wanted to add--as far as the costumes are concerned, I liked them. They all represented well. Most of the population is overweight, what's wrong with showing real people in costumes appropriate to the dance? For years all I saw was the 5'2" blondes that weighed less than 100 pounds. It's nice to have something else to look at. I didn't think they were too scantiliy clad.

I would like to know more about the nutrition the contestants are taking in though and what their workouts consist of. I would like the show to emphasize more of that. Maybe it will in time.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 07-06-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I just have to chime back in here and say the lady that danced last night--I forget her name but she did a disco routine--is absolutely incredible. She made it into onderland during weigh in. Wow--I would LOVE to be able to move the way she does. Maybe someone here remembers her name.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I didn't see it last night. I am sorry I missed it. Maybe it will be on again.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote