Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default 40-Somethings July Week 2 Chat

Good morning all!! Thought I would start the chat for this week for the first time. I am assuming everyone had a busy weekend since the board was kind of dead. I hope it all went well and everyone was able to enjoy themselves. We were in a couple parades with our car and went to a couple fireworks displays. My one dog is glad things are getting back to normal, LOL! I am off to an amusement park today with my kids and some friends so I won't be around until later tonight. Hope everyone has a great day exercising and on plan!!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm just glad the weekend is over - we had a long drive (7 hour round-trip) into northern MI to pick up the kid who spent a week with his buddy on Lake Huron, then dealt with 4th of July BBQ/fireworks, and then Sunday, DS9 became DS10. 3 days of hot dogs and hamburgers. It was fun, and I made lots better choices than I have in the past ... but ... whew, it's good to be back into the routine!

I may be a bit scarce this week - I have to go to LA Tuesday morning (just in time for the Jackson freak show), and come back on a red-eye Wednesday night. Then it will be packing activities as we get ready to leave for our backpacking trip bright and early on Saturday morning. It will be a challenge ... I expect to build a lot of character in the next couple weeks.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Hi, everyone. We had a great weekend camping. The rain finally cleared as we were driving away from our home on Friday night, and then we had beautiful weather all weekend.

I learned something about myself: I'm just not going to forbid myself the roasted marshmallows, potato chips, bacon and eggs, and other assorted bad-for-yous when we go camping. It happens twice a year, and it's just no fun "sitting out". I decided that I was willing to eat the junk, regardless of the weight outcome, and that I would just redouble my efforts once we got back. It truly is a lifetime journey, and an evening of roasted marshmallows (25 cal each!) isn't going to harm me in the long run...

I'm not happy with what the scale read today, but I expected it. It's okay, I'll get back to where I was.

Beemer - it sounds like you had a fun weekend!

ICUWishing - it sounds like a fun but exhausting weekend. Is it a business or pleasure trip to LA? Although red-eyes don't usually connote pleasure.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #4  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all...haven't been here for awhile in the 40 somethings threads, but have been on 3FC. The weekend was pretty good....since I knew I would probably go Off Plan, I was really good leading up to the weekend. Even though I was off most of Sat and Sun, last night I made a healthy dinner and have been OP today. Didn't workout since Friday and I can't wait to workout this afternoon.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #5  
Heidi

Jacquee!!! I see you made your goal -- congratulations!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #6  
Heidi

Penguin - I went and looked at your profile pic; thanks for posting it!! You look great, and so young!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #7  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Penguin - I went and looked at your profile pic; thanks for posting it!! You look great, and so young!
but it might be short lived....I was there last Friday but as we know, it was a holiday weekend. And I had a great time but now it is back to work. Will see what the scale says on Friday because I have now gotten in the habit of ONLY weighing once a week. And that has been working good for me!!!

Last edited by Jacque9999; 07-06-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/189.5/150

Smile Movin On

I had a nice holiday weekend. My dh and dd and I went to Brown County, IN on Friday morning. It is an artist colony with all kinds of shops. We had breakfast and then walked and walked and walked. Great exercise!! My food choices were on target with my plan. I was happy to see the number on the scale move down this morning. I am trying not to be a freak about weighing myself. I am trusting my choices and only jumping on the scale a few times a week.

ICU ~ LA on Tuesday what horrible timing!!! I am so done with all the media coverage. MJ was talented but was also extremely strange. I don't think we will see the end anytime soon.

Newleaf ~ great attitude about food...remember we are in control of every choice we make! You did what was right for you...good job!

Jacque ~ congrats on reaching goal!!

I hope you all will be big losers this week!!

God bless!
dietingdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #9  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning everyone!

We had a great weekend, But I will admit I have overindulged a bit! BBQ with friends and fireworks for the 4th. DD turns 11 today and since we have a swim meet tonight, we celebrated last night. Uno's pizza for dinner (her choice!), I did check their nutrition info before I went and feel I made a decent choice under the circumstances. Flatbread pizza with veggies instead of deep dish!

ICU, Have a great trip. Who knows you may pick up a few souvenirs you can sell on ebay! I would not want to be in LA for anything this week! What are your bosses thinking?

Jacquee, congrats on making your goal!

Newleaf, I think you are so right about needing to let go every now and then. It's knowing that it's only for the weekend and getting right back on track. Glad you had a good time!

Beemer, Love your new avatar! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Hi to everyone else! Let's make this a great week!

Last edited by Onmyway; 07-06-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #10  
Ready to hit the beach!

Diva, You snuck in with a post while I was typing! Brown County is one of my favorite places to go. I love all of the shops and the park there is beautiful. We have stayed at the Seasons many times.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #11  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Jacque - You have done awesome, congratulations of reaching goal.

Heidi - I could not agree with you more, this is a life long journey and there are certain indulgences that I will enjoy.

Patch - You really don't look like you belong on the 40-something board. I too love the quilt in the background. Quilting is one of those things that is on my bucket list that I probably will never achieve. I haven't sewn since I was in Home Economics and I'm short on patients.

ICU - Any other time you are in LA let me know and we can do lunch. I'm about 1.5 hours away; sorry not going to get near that place Tuesday.

Beemer - I love amusement parks, I'm just a big kid at heart and love the thrill rides. I haven't been since we moved to California. I was spoiled when we lived in Williamsburg having Busch passes and going several times a week after many of the tourist left for dinner. I'm not big on crowds so I have avoided the parks here. I will be doing Disney World in November when the family gets together for Thanksgiving.

Well I'm off to get my running done. Hope you all have a GREAT day.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #12  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I guess I too should confess to my over indulgence..... Pizza and Beer for me!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

newleaf - it's all business. Hopefully getting in and out without the jet lag setting in too badly! I am in total agreement with your statement about the choices - this is LIFE! I bounced up a bit myself - but I had a GREAT time and the weight will be back off quickly. My big indulgence was a (medium) piece of Coldstone Creamery's Midnight Madness ice cream cake. I ate it slowly and savored every bite. Now I'm done with it!

Jacque - congrats on the goal! woohoo!!!!

diva - that sounded like a great weekend! I'm with you - there's a big difference between mindfulness and obsession - looks like you've got the attitude in place for the long haul. I'm trying to avoid the MJ media mess - but now I'm kinda forced to listen to it to make sure my trip plans work around it. Grrr!

OMW - Nice work with UNO's - it can be very tough to make a good choice in there ... you succeeded! Regarding the timing of my trip, some of it's my fault because I said I wanted to go early in the week so that I could readjust before we leave Saturday (and help pack). I dunno if that was a good decision or not.

CAT - if I'm allowed to go back on a more reasonable timeframe, I will definitely let you know! I can completely empathize with your desire to be as far away from this mess tomorrow as possible. The customer I'm going to visit is only about 3 miles away from the Staples Center. It should be ... um ... interesting. I AM bringing a camera.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #14  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
I guess I too should confess to my over indulgence..... Pizza and Beer for me!
For me it was bloody marys and chips!!!! Some beer too and deserts that I really don't eat anymore at all!!!

To EVERYONE...thanks for the and sounds like everyone had a great weekend...NOW BACK TO WORK!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #15  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

ICUwishing - Good luck in LA! I tend to stay out of touch, but I'm sure the chaos will be amazing. And turning right around into another trip when you get back . . . definitely character-building. One at a time is all I can handle.

newleaf123 - I decided to go with everyone else's program on the food this weekend, and just limit it. Kept track of what I ate and logged it, and I wasn't too sorry! Turns out that as long as I'm aware and try to restrain myself a little bit, I stay at about a maintenance level calorie wise. At least on average I do. That double serving of strawberry shortcake on the 4th kind of blew it. But it was good! But I think you need to not be different occasionally.

Jacque9999 - Congratulations on the goal weight!

Penguin - You definitely look great for 40's! And that's a beautiful quilt. I do lots of crafts - needlepoint, cross stitch, crochet, sewing - but have never been brave enough to try quilting. Someday, maybe.

dietingdiva - Great job staying on plan and moving forward over the holiday!

Onmyway - Good job on looking up the nutrition info in advance. That is something I really need to start doing.

Beemer - Like the new avatar - love the car! I so want a fun car. My husband keeps picking out grown up cars for me. Insists that they're "safer" and "more practical". I hate it when he's right!

I made it back from the weekend. Had a time with my husband. My son was so glad to see him. I think the separation is hardest for him. He kept asking when Daddy would be able to come home to work.

We visited a friend from high school and her family. It is so awesome - our husbands and our children get along great! It's better than family. I didn't even stay on plan, but did manage to work out two out of the three days, and didn't gain anything. I'll take that as a win!

I left my 5 year old with his grandmother in Denver this week. It should be a great week for getting things done, staying on plan, working out, etc. But I may lose my mind! I've never been away from him for more than a day before.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote