Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #1  
**Nadine Marie**

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'6"

Question kitchen scale

im looking to buy a kitchen scale to measure my foods more accurately, does anyone own one and use it? and i dont want to spend more than $30!!

would love anyones input! thanks!
cherrykissez011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Yes I have a kitchen scaled that I purchased years ago. I recently started back using and it works great to measure your foods. I went out today looking for a new one because I want a digital scale. Bed, Bath, and Beyond have several good one in there to include the biggest loser one for $20.00. Walmart also has some as cheap as $5.00 and I think the most expensive one was like 35.00. Well if I was you I would purchase one because it wotks great for portion control.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Your WW branch also sells them, but I don't know what the price is! I DO have a weigh scale, and I can't live without it...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I bought mine for $30 from Bed Bath and Beyond. It has faithfully lasted the past 2 years... Very nice little digital one. I can't recall the brand on it but you can definitely get something reliable for under $30!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I bought the little digital $30 one Walmart has. I've had it for 6-7 years now.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #6  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

The WW one is pretty expensive though (i think 50$CAD but I don't know how much in US$) because it allows you to program foods and it tells you how many points everything is.
I use a small digital one my mom has and I use it mostly for meat/poultry/fish because i measure everything else with measuring cups and spoons.
Some people weigh their fruits too and I heard it can be quite surprising..
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

It is a total eye opener when you think you have an 80 calorie apple or banana and it really tops out at over 100. It might seem small but those things really shocked me.

As far as measuring cups and spoons I really found the scale to be much more accurate. No rounding the scoop and what not.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #8  
It's Just Me

S/C/G: 384.2/ 368.2/ 150

Height: 5'4

OMG OMG OMG! I have the WW scale and I LOVE it! I couldn't believe that my beloved orange that I eat everyday as a snack was 3 points! I get more bangs for my buck with my scale. Ironically I get LESS food most of the time when I measure than I do when I weigh. I just weight out my cheese crumbles, meat and bacon bits and then stick them in 5 baggies for work and then measure out my cereal when I buy the box and I'm good for awhile.

As for the type of scale, the ww scale is truly AMAZING! You can type in the food your going to eat and then it will calculate the points value for that food for you. It is only $39.99 and from what it looks like it actually isn't too much more than the other scales that people were mentioning. Also, if you buy the deluxe kit it has a $5 off coupon in it for the scale. I splurged when I got mine and, honestly, I wouldn't use anything else!

Buggy
PuppyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyMommy View Post
OMG OMG OMG! I have the WW scale and I LOVE it! I couldn't believe that my beloved orange that I eat everyday as a snack was 3 points! I get more bangs for my buck with my scale. Ironically I get LESS food most of the time when I measure than I do when I weigh. I just weight out my cheese crumbles, meat and bacon bits and then stick them in 5 baggies for work and then measure out my cereal when I buy the box and I'm good for awhile.

As for the type of scale, the ww scale is truly AMAZING! You can type in the food your going to eat and then it will calculate the points value for that food for you. It is only $39.99 and from what it looks like it actually isn't too much more than the other scales that people were mentioning. Also, if you buy the deluxe kit it has a $5 off coupon in it for the scale. I splurged when I got mine and, honestly, I wouldn't use anything else!

Buggy
Yep, I agree with this! I was actually afraid I was not getting enough food before I started weighing (e.g., estimating how much ground meat I was using). But this is so easy to use and looks decent on the kitchen counter. And I got the coupon when I joined WW, I didn't need the deluxe kit to get one. You might ask the receptionist if he/she could give you a coupon book they give to new members.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

i don't know what i'd do without mine! i think i paid between $20-30, but my mom bought it for me.
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

i love my weight watcher scale. I paid 60bucks for it, a little steep, but i love that it has 100's of foods and points listed in it!
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #12  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

I picked up a cheap one at walmart (digital) for $19 a few weeks back and I absolutely adore it! One of the best purchases I've made in a LONG time. As someone mentioned I found that I get a LOT more food when I weigh than when I just use a measuring cup! So I find it beneficial
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/211

Height: 5'8"

I just bought mine a few days ago and also found that I was over estimating my meat portions. I haven't tried weighing my fruit though. Honestly I'm scared what I will find out.
jcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/243.8/160 (High of 410)

Height: 5'7"

I have the Salter Nutri-Weigh Diet Scale Model 1450 and I just couldn't live with out it! It was pricey, but I feel that I made the right choice. It's amazing when you start weighing the differences between what you thought you were eating and actually are! You can check it out HERE.
Babette is offline   Reply With Quote