Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #1  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Default I gained the 10 pounds I lost.

about two months ago, I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks...I took slimquick, and working out with a DVD...then summer came around, and I went on out-of-town things, (3 vacations!) ..and actually i'm on my last one right now, and, oh dear, I realized I probably gained back all that weight...

I was laying down to go to sleep, and I felt like I felt more love-handle-age on the sides of me, my butt got me more raised in the air, (haha) and I felt like I was getting a double chin. That's no way to have it!

When I get back, i'm planning on taking slimquick again, and signing up at the ballys by my house. And REALLY sticking with my diet. I'm so sick of being fat. What I really need right now is some motivation....

But, the good thing is,
I was talking to my sister on the phone, and she was saying that she was working out at the ballys near my house, and that I should come work out with her on a guest pass. She is much skinnier than me, and always trying to lure me into her gyms, lol. I'm not very happy for the support at times, but right now, I need it! I can actually have someone work out with me, while I humiliate myself? LET'S DO IT!

Thanks guys!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #2  
Ready to be skinny!

Thanks for letting my complain!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

What is Slim Quick? I've never heard of it. Is it a magic potion that makes you lose weight really, really fast? Does it cost a lot of money? Do you gain the weight back when you stop taking it? Hummm....sounds great.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 07-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi Evie, congratulations on your determination to do it again.

I don't know the product but - is it something that's sustainable permanently? The key for all of us is finding some way of eating that will mean not only that we lose weight but that we keep it off - as you've already discovered, that ain't easy! I speak from experience: I've regained in the past and am hoping that this time, calorie counting, I've found a WoE that I can stick to forever and be slim forever.

Good luck.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

It's terrific that you're committed to working out and losing weight! You CAN do it! However, 10 lbs in two weeks is just a recipe for regain, IMO. Why the rush to lose it so quickly? My suggestion is to eat real food and develop healthy habits you can sustain for a lifetime. The time is going to pass no matter what, you can lose quickly and regain repeatedly, or you can lose a bit more slowly and keep it off.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #6  
Ready to be skinny!

lol slimquick is about $15 for a 30 day supply. I don't lose weight fast, but it helps me speed up my metabolism. Obviously, it didn't work, hahaha. I just have been eating CRAP for the last month. I think I deserved to gain back that 10 pounds! haha
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, there really is no magic pill or solution to losing weight. It's about determination and commitment. Clean up your diet, get to moving and things happen .

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietitian, nutritionist, any kind of health professional or fitness expert...I'm just a woman who's lost 130 pounds so far with a lot of hard work.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #8  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

There are really only two ways to speed up your metabolism (permanently). One is to build muscle (although it's not going to let you eat a ton and not gain). The other is to move around more, becoming more active. Not just exercise, but on a daily basis. Exercise is good, but if you workout too hard, you may move around less for the rest of the day. Oh, and most pills / drugs / quick fixes are really just a way to part you from your money.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by evieistrying09 View Post
Obviously, it didn't work, hahaha.
Then why would you bother taking it again? It seems like a total waste of time and money.

That time could be used incorporating new and healthy habits into your life. I think you may just need to come to terms with the fact that the *best* way to lose weight safely and permanently, is to change the foods that you're eating. On a permanent basis. The quantity and the quality. Getting the 'crap" out of your life and adding in good, wholesome, lower calorie foods. Keeping track of them somehow, because we can easily over eat the healthy stuff as well.

Slim quick, doesn't sound all that quick or slim if you have to keep re-doing it.
Because really, if there was some quick fix permanent solution - don't you think Oprah and Kirstie (& billions others) would have caught on by now?

Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise. Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise. Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #10  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Having a work out buddy is really the BEST motivator to get to the gym. I've actually been going fairly regularly with my ex these days, since we're still good friends and he's a major supporter of me wanting to live a healthier lifestyle. I've actually started reffering to myself as his side project, because I really am these days! He holds me accountable, and I know he isn't afraid to tell me things I don't wanna hear. He's like my own little personal trainer! I think everyone could use that kind of support, it really keeps you moving!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #11  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Sounds kind of like the product would be a waste.

I mean, if you move your body and eat well, you look pretty young, so I think the weight would come off without any products and at least then it would be sustainable.

I'm think I'm a lot older than you -- I'll be 32 soon - but I'm around the same height and weighed even more. I just ate right and moved and in 13 weeks I've lost 38 pounds -- which is just shy of 3 a week if I average it out, and I've had some bad times too.

Might not be five pounds a week, but I think because you're young you'd probably be able to have a fairly quick and sizable loss naturally.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #12  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise. Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise. Healthy foods. In healthy portions. Exercise.
That's a great mantra Robin!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/199/155

Height: 5*7

Dang it. I wish this thread had been posted yesterday. I bought the Slimquick cleanse last night. You all are right. There are no quick fixes and pills are just a way to make a fool part with their money. (Totally not directed at Evie, just a personal observation of myself...)
This is the tread I needed to happen upon. Thank you everybody.
More of this
Less of this
sorry to hijack

Last edited by Tink2lose; 07-06-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Tink2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Slimquick is geared toward female and water retention and other things women experience as well as the normal things like appetite suppression etc. It can benefit some people and as soon as you open the box it advocates a proper diet along with Slimquick. It isn't a solution, but an aid to help like one would say Alli is. I think personally saying it is a "magic pill" is misunderstanding the product. I'm not representing it, will tell you my experience with it in a second, but I just thought I would chime in on the product and what it is supposed to be used for.

As for my experience, I got the Slimquick original, this was before I took birth control pills, and wanted to try to get some relief from some things like water retention and keeping my energy up. Opening the box there is a lot of information, not as in depth as Alli I am assuming, on a healthy diet and exercise that you are supposed to do ALONG with taking Slimquick. It doesn't say to just take the pill and you'll lose weight, at least from what I read and understand of the product. When I started taking it I started feeling anxious and dizzy and realized quickly that the diet aid wasn't for me lol. Realizing that the energy boost it gives you actually made me feel bad, so I stopped taking it. As soon as I went on BC pills, a lot of the issues I had started to get hammered out. So, my core issues really stemmed from hormones and needing to control that. I mean eating healthy didn't help my fatigue I had during my cycle, which I still have, but not as often. Clearly my problems were hormones and I needed something else. For me personally, I would not have taken Slimquick and been on BC pills at the same time, but that is just me. At the time I thought this could help me while I waited two months for my insurance to clear and make an appointment with my OBGYN.

Personally, I think if you want to try it and just keep in mind that any diet aid your safety and health is most important, then try it or go online and look for reviews of that product.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 07-07-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie668 View Post
Slimquick is geared toward female and water retention and other things women experience as well as the normal things like appetite suppression etc. It can benefit some people and as soon as you open the box it advocates a proper diet along with Slimquick. It isn't a solution, but an aid to help like one would say Alli is. I think personally saying it is a "magic pill" is misunderstanding the product. I'm not representing it, will tell you my experience with it in a second, but I just thought I would chime in on the product and what it is supposed to be used for.

As for my experience, I got the Slimquick original, this was before I took birth control pills, and wanted to try to get some relief from some things like water retention and keeping my energy up. Opening the box there is a lot of information, not as in depth as Alli I am assuming, on a healthy diet and exercise that you are supposed to do ALONG with taking Slimquick. It doesn't say to just take the pill and you'll lose weight, at least from what I read and understand of the product. When I started taking it I started feeling anxious and dizzy and realized quickly that the diet aid wasn't for me lol. Realizing that the energy boost it gives you actually made me feel bad, so I stopped taking it. As soon as I went on BC pills, a lot of the issues I had started to get hammered out. So, my core issues really stemmed from hormones and needing to control that. I mean eating healthy didn't help my fatigue I had during my cycle, which I still have, but not as often. Clearly my problems were hormones and I needed something else. For me personally, I would not have taken Slimquick and been on BC pills at the same time, but that is just me. At the time I thought this could help me while I waited two months for my insurance to clear and make an appointment with my OBGYN.

Personally, I think if you want to try it and just keep in mind that any diet aid your safety and health is most important, then try it or go online and look for reviews of that product.
Thanks for the information. It doesn't sound quite as gimmick-y now.

Although as far as water retention, I find that drinking water and avoiding processed foods and sodium is a great natural way to deal with it.

And I don't know, anything that makes one dizzy doesn't sound right to me. Drugs of any sort always frighten me. I personally am a firm believer that we don't need any weight loss aids. *For me*, I'd much rather go the natural route. No need to resort to pills to boost things, speed things, suppress things, etc. A commitment to a healthy diet and exercise is all the aid that is needed, IMO.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote