Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Breakdown in Target

Ok, so today is July 4th, I restarted my diet on July 1st hoping to drop 10 lbs. by August 1st, my sisters wedding. So anyhoo everything was going fine until yesterday when i went to the beach with my little cousins. I ended up eating at McDonalds with my cousins and the rest of the day just went downhill from there. I can't even explain the guilt i feel for slipping up! Today at a cookout i didnt eat on point either, more guilt. So on my way home from the cookout i stopped by Target to look for a black bathing suit top (baaad idea!!). So i tried a couple of bathing suit tops on (including a maternity one! hey, it was in a cute print!) and of course they have those lovely mirrors that show you every flattering angle of your body, not. Needless to say, after two guilty days of not totally following my diet, and being lucky enough to see myself looking like a beached whale, i began to cry. I know lame. Im just soo sick of not feeling comfortable in my own skin. I know i dont look horrible, but i just dont feel like i look good. Im tired of feeling this way, i think about losing weight and what to eat, what not to eat, every single day! Please give me some encouragement!!!!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #2  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Oh sweetie hugs to you!You have come a long way!! I am sorry you have a rough couple of days.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #3  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm sure you would look better in that bathing suit top in a mirror at home than you think you looked in the Target mirror. For some reason those mirrors make everything look much worse than they are! Hang in there! We all slip up, it's just part of life. Just get back on that wagon and continue your excellent loss! Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #4  

I have SO been there! The guilt that you feel after eating off plan,the feeling of being out of control, and the hurt of seeing in the mirror what you DON"T want to see. It is a terrible feeling to feel so uncomfortable in your own body. I went thru that a coupla weeks ago when I had to help out at an evening retirement party given for my boss. I felt so huge and so uncomfortable. (Just 1 of many times.) But remember, you are doing so well!! 41 lbs lost is great! Next time you're in a grocery store, lift a couple of those big bags of dog food (the ones around 20 lb.each.) That is what you have accomplished so far! And I would imagine that much weight gone has made a pretty big difference in your appearance, not to metion the clothes you can wear now that you couldn't get in then. Take a while to look back at all you have accomlpished and give yourself a pat on the back. Got any pictures of yourself then that you can compare to how you look now? I try to notice how much better I feel too compared to how I felt 24 lbs. ago. And I try not to focus on the 84 lbs I still have to go, but take one day (or sometimes 1 hour) at a time. You have a lot to be proud of, and you will make it all the way, even if there is a detour or two on the way.
Hugs,
Pooh

Last edited by Pooh63; 07-05-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Vixxi girl,
We all have our moments when we fall off the wagon, but the only thing you can do is climb back on and get moving forward.
Look at how far you have come!
You have done an amazing job so far, and you obviously know what to do, so get going!
Grab a bottle of water and go for a walk or a run and plan your menu for the next few days, so that you get back to the program again.
Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote