Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #1  

Default Lost some, keep going for the big 2-1

I started actively trying to lose weight the 2nd week of June this year, and have been fairly successful. I do not own a scale, and I only measure myself every once in awhile because I always fear I am doing it incorrectly. However, by the fit of my clothes (I need new pants and a button up shirt as they all hang off haha) and comments by a few people, I know this has been working. I have a very difficult time seeing my body for how it actually is, though. Its great to know that this has been a HEALTHY little milestone.

Anyways, my 21st birthday is coming up, and I need to amp up the transformation! I know I haven't been consuming enough calories some days, so the first step is to get in 1200 a day. I'm already exercising almost every day. Perhaps longer? Harder? Any tips on how to light a fire under your weight loss? haha I used to just restrict severely when I was young and foolish. I am doing this the healthy way, as a lifestyle change, and to get my issues with eating under control. So, if there's anyone who has any ideas or suggestions for me to help me really feel great by the 12th of August for my big day, please feel free to drop them by!
BeatBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/279/150

Height: 5'8

good job on your success so far!

yes, it's important to get enough calories. that's a good start. i'm personally trying to eat smaller meals more often, swapping out bad cards for better carbs, eating more lean protein and veggies .. and definitely not skipping breakfast! i'm also making sure to drink enough water.

as far as exercise... if you're already woking out almost every day, that's great! i try to do 30-60 minutes of cardio 4 times a week. i break it up in different sessions to keep my heart rate up during strength training.

again, good job so far and keep it up!
iamren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

Its also good to try and vary your workout routine or even the type of food you are eating. For instance changing up doing the tread mill to using the eliptical or taking a step class, or eating different types of protein.
MRChopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

My advice would be to count your calories and journal them every day. Day in and day out. No cheating, no binging, no putting it off, no starvation, no mind games, no alcohol...That's it, just stick to it EVERYDAY. You will lose quickly and safely if you follow these top secret weight loss tips.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Lori Bell, as usual, has good, sound advice. I just journaled today after a couple month hiatus, thinking I knew so much I could get it right. Wrong. I was at right under 1200 calories. Ugh! I am gonna be an avid journaler again starting today.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote