Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Default 4th of July Weekend Food Plans

So the holiday weekend is here now. Do you intend to stay on track with your weight loss program this weekend? I personally intend to have a couple jalapeno brats (Yummy!), an ear of corn on the cob and a beer or two (Killian's Irish Red) on Sunday but other than that I'll keep my eating and exercise habits normal. I'm curious what everyone else has planned.
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Nope, no off-plan days or meals for me. I'm done with that.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, my plan doesn't really call for an off-day. Because I don't eat until 5 pm and then I eat sensibly but not restrictedly until 10 pm.

I plan on sipping on lemon water until dinner is done. Then I plan on a juicy small hamburger with some home made french fries, a small serving of potato salad, a small ear of corn, and some watermelon. In the future I will probably handle all holiday meals with this method. I used to not eat anything all day on Thanksgiving so I had ROOM for all the delicious food I wanted to eat...turns out that was my magic pill.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

While I will be eating different foods that are the norm this weekend, I've planned it out so I stay within my calorie/fat/carb/protein guidelines. That way, it will FEEL like a I'm cheating (hello vegan mac & cheese!!!) but it really won't be.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Well my plan is calorie-counting so there's no off plan food, and I have a beer almost every night with dinner anyway. A burger and salad will fill me up for dinner, and I'll bring some fruit salad, too. A beer is only 130 cals. so one or 2 won't hurt. And I'll just make sure to get my exercise in and spend more time running around with the kids than snacking and picking at everything.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

The thing I love about calorie counting is that I can easily incorporate holidays and eating out into my plan. I do make healthy alternatives to calorie-laden staples (like potato salad), but for the most part, I am able to just make wise choices from the foods that are available.

I like to plan ahead, and bring along a healthy snack/food if I don't know the menu ahead of time.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

I'm a calorie-counter too, and with a bunch of house guests this weekend, I'm just going to up my calories, but I'm also doing a half marathon training plan and I'm supposed to run Sat and Sun, and i really don't want to skip. Usually I shoot for 1200-1600 calories; I think this weekend I'll shoot for 1500-2200 (give myself a lot of leeway). My calorie burn each day should be at least 2200.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #8  

We don't have any picnics or anything. But I plan on making steaks and twice baked potatoes for me and my hubby tomorrow night. So it will just be a light salad for lunch!
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

We have no plans for the fourth but are getting together with friends on Sunday. I will do a good 90 minute workout Sunday morning, eat lightly for breakfast and lunch, and then use lots of moderation so that my calories don't hit the ceiling.

Last edited by Pita09; 07-03-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm preparing a veggie tray to take, and then I'll have fruit and 1 burger loaded with lettuce and tomato. Definitely no alcohol, brats, potato salad, etc.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

We have 2 picnics and 3 ball games tomorrow, so guess what I'm doing today? PLANNING!! I'm going to eat at my lower calorie end today and Sunday so I can have a few extras tomorrow, (Like BBQ pit baked beans...a very rare caloric treat!)
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

haha I'm using the weekend to "REBOOT" and get back into planning and writing down everything that goes into my mouth.

I would like to see fireworks though...that seems more exciting to me than food splurges. Though I do love hummus...*thinks about that*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Going to the farmer's market in the morning. Then 4th Parade downtown. Then 60 minute bike workout. Then a few weight sets.

Then grilling out at home in the evening: either mahi-mahi or some shrimp-veggie kebabs. Peach salsa. 1 wheat beer. A side veggie if it's the mahi-mahi I'm making; I will decide tonight when I do tomorrow's numbers.

Pretty typical dinner for us these days. I drink wine about twice a week but I only have a beer like once a month or so.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #14  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

I'm actually getting a little nervous about this weekend. My husband and I are going camping for three days on Lake Michigan and I'm kinda at a loss for what I should eat or bring? I was thinking definitely a fruit salad, and a veggie tray for snacking, but for main staples I'm not sure. I know he'll be wanting lots of hot dogs and corn on the cob, so I'm trying to decide if I should let myself have some or not.

But we are taking our bikes up there so we will be getting LOTS of exercise biking around Ludington which I'm really excited about!
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #15  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

We count calories. So we got some 97% fat free Hebrew National Beef Hot dogs for our special fourth cook-out tradition, the rest is a salad, got some new low calorie dressing for that and some special k crackers. We have diet soda that is 0 everything including sodium so thats something special for us. We have sugar free jello and light fruit cups for deserts and some light ice cream and we always have sugar free popsicles on hand. We definitely will keep on plan and keep as active as possible with a lot of swimming.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote