View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I concur with the others, you CAN do yoga.
I started with a 15 minute video called exactly that "You Can Do Yoga" that is one of Leslie (WATP) Sansone's videos. After that, I used Gaiam's Weight Loss Yoga series (Quickstart, Conditioning, and Maintenance).

Studios charge varying rates. Some studios have community yoga classes that start at on $5 per session, some are donation based. Some YMCAs have reasonable classes as well. A church in our community has classes that accept canned goods as payment.

Check around - try renting a video or checking one out of your library if you want to get a feel for yoga before you attend a class.

I will echo what the others have said - yoga is for everyone. A good instructor will explain modifications and keep an eye on newbies in the class.

As for its benefits, yoga and pilates are critical to my health and fitness. They both help with stress, balance, flexibility and core strength. They are a nice change from my cardio routine and I can't imagine being as fit as I am without yoga in my life

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story

Last edited by CountingDown; 07-03-2009 at 08:59 AM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote