Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default MRC***Take 37***July Thread

Ah, a new month. A new beginning.

On Monday I'll have been on the green menu 60 days.

Still feeling good about everything.

Since I won't be getting overtime for a while, I think I'll concentrate on exercising.

What are everyone's July goals?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

I got off preconditioning today (with no weightloss but no weight gain in the last 3 days) and started the yellow menu for day 1-4. I have to admit I was surprised that the food selection went down so much and every meal is pretty much already predetermined. I think it might be a rough four days for me, but its only 4 days right?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi All

My July goal is to run a 5k on the 25th. I started a running program 4 weeks ago and the end result is running in a 5k. I've never been a runner, so it was a bit far fetched, but the training seems to be going good so far. I had WI today and I'm officially down 22.5 pounds. I was pretty excited about that. Another goal I have is to lose another 10 pounds this month. We'll see. I realize the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to get the pounds off. I have a renewed spirit about the program today. I needed that drop in weight as I've been plateauing for a while and was getting pretty frustrated.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #4  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

It is only four days so hang in there. Your menu will change on day 5-10 and then once more and that will be the menu you are on until you reach your goal. There are alot more choices on the 5-10 day menu and then even more on your final menu. All still have the same guidelines protein at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fruit choices increase along with the vegetable choices.

Hang in there - I have had a slow start but am trying to stay motivated to keep going. I have only lost 6lbs, but think I gained some back because I have been travelling for work. My goal is to get back on track and shoot for a loss next week when I go to WI. I am only able to WI once a week since I live so far away from my center. I am going to cross my fingers and focus real hard to stay OP this weekend and next week.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #5  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

I am going to set a mini goal for myself in the month of July and that is to lose 8lbs and to workout 30 mins 3 times per week.

I think I tend to get overwhelmed with the big picutre of wanting to lose 36lbs. I really want this done by the end of my contract which is 9-26-09, since my son's 5th b-day is on the 9-28 and come on I cant still be using baby fat as my excuse!

So that is what I will do I will look at it in small chunks and when I accomplish the goal I will treat myself to a massage and lord knows I could use one of those!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Kristi

I like the way you think. Baby steps all the way....I can't look at the big picture as it seems to far off. I treated myself to a pedicure when I lost the 10 pounds to keep me motivated. I'm thinking the massage is the way to go for my next goal! Great idea. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

My mini goal is to make it the 4 days staying completely OP and hopefully lose about 3 pounds by next Thursday. For the entire month of July I hope to lose 10 pounds - that would be amazing and a motivator for me to stick with it.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #8  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Have a wonderful, safe holiday everyone!

I'm having a garage sale tomorrow so send me lots of $$$ luck!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Had a hard WI on Tuesday, infact was so upset I avoided writing about it until today. I told my center that finances were tight and was told that the only thing I had to buy was the HNS and take the MVTmultivitamin tablet)(/flax seed oil. They did not say I had to buy from them, just the HNS. Well Tuesday, they told me in order to guarantee the program, I had to buy from them. I read my contract and it did not specify that the MVT and flax seed oil had to be bought from them. Just that I had to take suppliments as required. It was the straw that broke my back. I felt like everywhere I turn, someone wants money from me. It was too much, I started crying. I told them I had no money, not even enough to purchase a months worth of MVT. Has anyone else had them say that the flax seed and MVT had to be bought from them?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #10  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Had a hard WI on Tuesday, infact was so upset I avoided writing about it until today. I told my center that finances were tight and was told that the only thing I had to buy was the HNS and take the MVTmultivitamin tablet)(/flax seed oil. They did not say I had to buy from them, just the HNS. Well Tuesday, they told me in order to guarantee the program, I had to buy from them. I read my contract and it did not specify that the MVT and flax seed oil had to be bought from them. Just that I had to take suppliments as required. It was the straw that broke my back. I felt like everywhere I turn, someone wants money from me. It was too much, I started crying. I told them I had no money, not even enough to purchase a months worth of MVT. Has anyone else had them say that the flax seed and MVT had to be bought from them?
I am so sorry that you had to endure this. My center at the very beginning told me that only the HNS's were required to be bought from them and that the MTV/flax were required, but could be bought else where. I already know that I've ruined my contract so I'm not concerned about that. Do you have reason to be worried about your contract or is just the simple fact? I know about money, I'm to that point now where it's HNS's vs. pills and of course it's going to be the HNS's. I'm so sorry because from what I've read on here, you're going through a lot with your job, guy friend, and such and now this. Just take a deep breath and take one moment at a time. That's what I have to do many times a day if/when I get/feel overwhelmed.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRChopeful View Post
My mini goal is to make it the 4 days staying completely OP and hopefully lose about 3 pounds by next Thursday. For the entire month of July I hope to lose 10 pounds - that would be amazing and a motivator for me to stick with it.
MRDhopeful, you definitely can do it and a major weight loss like 10 pounds can really help you focus and keep on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
I only buy the HNS from my center. In fact when we go over what I am taking it is always prefaced by the counselor saying 'you are taking your own flax and multi vitamin and coq10'.

You are a tough chick and I mean that sincerely; you had a laundry list of stuff a few weeks ago that just one item from that list could derail a person's day/week/month and you just kept going and going. It is just a frustrating situation, one that unfortunately too many people in our country are facing with unemployment being so high. You are a smart, resourceful, capable woman that people can depend upon and you are going to have a new job and a paycheck soon! Those damn vitamins and flax pills are not going to get the best of you!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #12  

I hate that happened to you. I am getting started and doing it on my own. I just really can not afford the joining fee again and all of the supplements. I am buying my drinks online and the other supplements elsewhere. Keep going. You can do it!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #13  

Lori .... I'm so sorry you got bad info from a counselor. The bottom line with the contract, is that when you eat off plan, the guarantee is not good anyway. Don't worry about the contract and the guarantee -- the only way the program doesn't work for you is if you are not doing it, that's why the "guarantee thing" is safe for them to put in there. I know what you feel about the money, it's why I purchase my HNS at Dietdirect ... they are the exact same products in different company packaging. And other than the intro pack of the supplements, I've never taken any, and it didn't make any difference to me (everyone is different though). Hang in there, just keep working the program and you'll be fine. Next time, ask for a different consultant at your center. You can do this!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.5/157/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, I have been on vacation with my sister for a week and did not do as well o/p as I would have liked. I got back Wed. afternoon and am trying to loose what I gained before I go in tomorrow.
Lori So sorry to hear about your problems. My center has never pressured me to buy. I have bought the HNS from them, but found it much cheaper on sale from dietdirect. The drinks are on sale this week. I got 14 boxes, a free sample pack, free shipping and a 10% discount. I paid 95.62 which is about the same price as 10 boxes at the center. I joined the end of May and have lost 16 lbs. I need to loose 19 more by the middle of Sept. Best of luck
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #15  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I went to WI this morning and they mentioned that your body fat % has to be 28% before they will let you start stabilization. Right now, mine is at I think 39% or so, but I don't remember. They said if I lose 35 pounds of pure fat that I will hit that. Are there any special tips from anyone out there that would me to optimize my fat % loss? I'm doing the max 4 HNS's per day.
Closed Thread