Old 07-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Bodybugg/Sensewear - Is this covered by Insurance?

Hi. I checked out the websites for these two items and the seem to be in conjunction with a doctor's care. Are they covered under insurance?

Thx Sue
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #2  

No. They don't require a prescription of working with anyone.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  
Finding me again!

S/C/G: 222/150

Height: 5'8"

Personally I would wait for a Fitbit. They are suppose to come out in late July and they are $99 with no monthly service charge. Just google fitbit to check it out...

I have a bodybugg, I wore it for a while and while it provided great info. As soon as summer came I really hated having it on my arm where everyone would look at me funny when seeing it. Plus it was creating a dent in my arm.
JenniferNash2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, but a Fitbit doesn't do what a BB/GWF/SW does. I mean, I like them (I have a similar device) but it doesn't have nearly the kind of accuracy or feedback as the three versions of the BB do. I do certain activities that result in a multi-axis accelerometer (which is what the Fitbit is, and what my other device it) grossly overestimating my calorie expenditure. For me, the accuracy of the GWF is worth is.

I LOVE my GoWear Fit! And personally I don't care about wearing it and having people see it. Strangers probably assume it's an MP3 player, and I told my coworkers it was a "fancy pedometer." Two people at work recognized it because they had been thinking about getting one and I talked to them about it at length and showed them the software and my reports.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote