Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wednesday 07/01

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Just a few more days until the weekend!!

Diet has been going great.... with everything I've got going on, I'm not sitting around longing to snack snack snack!! I owe my measely 1 pound loss this week to the fact that I'm eating right....

But if only I could get my butt in gear too....I'd lose just a little bit more each week!!

Ladies....anyone out there have any encouragement/ideas for me on this exercise thorn in my side? I recently had a baby (I say recently, but this was back in February)...but her sleeping pattern is still up in the air most nights, so morning exercise is just not working for me. I've been trying to fit it in in the afternoon during a break from work but I find myself using that time to catch up on work and meetings. HELP!! I'm so frustrated with myself!

Ok..enough freaking out Anyone have any big plans for the holiday weekend? I know Wifey's going on vacation...... I think we're going to have a family cookout and do some fireworks

Make it a great day!

KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wednesday

KimikoD - I think a pound a week is rocking weigh loss!! True, exercise will make you feel better, increase muscle mass so that you burn fat, and make your heart smile, but you are doing great! I hear ya on the exercise - it's hit or miss here as well. Baby up in the night, 2 year old that naps but then the baby is awake - gah! The only suggestion I have is to take it one day at a time. Decide when you're going to get it done today (my windows of opportunity are at nap time, then after DH gets home from work around 8pm). Don't worry about scheduling it in "regularly" just try to get it in TODAY. HTH

Oh - and lets see some pics of that baby of yours!! They are worth every pound aren't they?

Well, today I will be cleaning up the nursery. We recently moved our 7yr old in with our 10yr old to make way for the baby to go in with our 2yr old. It's been a busy time with the new baby so I'm just now getting in there to organize the toys. I think I'll take some to the local second hand swap shop and see if I can get some store credit to get some "new to us" toys. The older children and I start back to school Monday , so it would be nice if Susan(2yr old) had her room all tidied up so she can play while we are schooling. Kids play better in a clean room.

Other than that, I will try to get my exercise in at nap-time again today. Sometimes the baby is content to watch me on the tread mill from the bouncy seat, sometimes not.

Dinner tonight will be Beef Stroganoff over Rice. My 10yr old is gone with Grandma this week, so I better set an alarm to remind me to make dinner...usually he starts "reminding" me about 4pm. What a kid - miss him already!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  

Happy July everyone!

Looks like my scale is not cooperating with me! I've been increasing this week rather than decreasing. It's only a few pounds but going up is not the way I want to go!

I'll step up the exercise and go back to basics with my weight loss plan (South Beach). I weigh daily and know the numbers will fluctuate due to various factors but 3 days of increase is a big clue for me to do something different. I'm also going to go back to weighing at the same time to keep it more consistent.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

KimikoD - I remember those sleepless nights oh too well and we still have them sometimes a year and half later. I joined a gym that had child care last month in order to fit in exercise. I know my kids are a little older (5 and 1 1/2) and so it is easier to drop them off for an hour, but it has helped motivate me to get out of the house and schedule exercise time. It also gives me an hour of time out for myself. The gym also offers yoga classes and all kinds of things to do. It costs $45 a month, but I really feel that I am getting my money's worth.

Hubby has the day off and so he gets to come to swim lessons with us and see all of the fun we have. I was going to run this morning, but chose sleep instead and it's already too hot to run. The summers are dreadful here.

I have a friend coming up on Friday with her new baby and then we are off to my parents' cabin which about an hour away for the 4th. No fireworks this year though because the cabin is in the forest. CA is really trying to discourage fireworks this year. I can see why after all the horrible fires we had last year.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #5  

Pixie.... Thanks so much for the encouragement! I know 1 pound a week is good, I'm just so anxious to get rid of this fat! I'm just going to have to push myself to take that break during the day or at night and just get the exercise over with! I'm hoping if I can just get myself into doing it for a few weeks, it will become a habit!!

Sunshine... Oh gosh, if I weighed myself daily, I'm sure my pounds would fluctuate!! I try to do it once a week, so I don't get on that emotional rollercoaster everyday, but I also know that doing it daily helps to keep yourself in check with where you stand and what you need to work on each day.

Riley.... Unfortunately the closest gym to my home is about 20 minutes away, and I guess the way I look at it is, that's 20 minutes I could have spent doing the exercise, instead of spending it getting my butt to the place!! Now...if I could just use that 20 minutes and DO IT!

So...here's a quick pic of my little girl..she was born in February so she's almost 5 months now...her name is Kella

Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

It's been an emotional few days for me. I'm on the job hunt and it's getting seriously depressing. Yesterday I found out that I'm not getting a second interview at a job that I REALLY though I had a good chance for. Apparently they want someone LESS qualified to whom they would be able to pay LESS money.

To add insult to injury, MIL is coming on Thursday for over a week and it's going to be awful. I am NOT looking forward to it. Plus, when she's here we eat out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. And one of those nights is Mr. Rebound's birthday. I'm gonna do my best to make good choices and eat small portions, but it's just so stressful. I mush prefer making my carefully-planned out dinner, putting EXACTLY the amount of food I'm supposed to eat on a plate, eating it, and then brushing my teeth and being DONE for the evening. I'm hoping for a nice big loss this week to bolster my resolve for next week.

I've started weighing myself every day again because it was just too hard not to. My weight has bounced between 212.2 and 212.6 for the past 5 days, but this morning it dropped 2 pounds to 210.4. I have been doing a lot more riding that usual lately and my legs were really sore, so I think my muscles have been holding on to water and just finally let it go last night. Only two more days until my weight in and I'm excited!

Have a lovely day, ladies!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'6

Hey KimikoD I just say your post and wanted to reply because I feel the same way you do. I have a 13 week old and find it impossible to feel like working out in the morning then when I finally get him asleep for nap I find myself wanting to catch up on other things.

I gained 70 lbs with this pregnancy and I just started Jenny Craig today and 3FC so I am super excited.

btw, how did you post the pic of your daughter? She is precious.
brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #8  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

brooksy - when you are on the site longer, it will be available to post pix. I have an 8wk old son so we're all here for ya! I gained 64lbs with my first baby. Had a doc that never said a word. Remember it took almost a year to put it on, give yourself a year to get it off. I'll try to heed my own advice...I know I'm ready to get back to "normal"!

KimikoD - Wow - what a sweet face that baby has! Oh man!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimikoD View Post
[COLOR="Teal"]

Sunshine... Oh gosh, if I weighed myself daily, I'm sure my pounds would fluctuate!! I try to do it once a week, so I don't get on that emotional rollercoaster everyday, but I also know that doing it daily helps to keep yourself in check with where you stand and what you need to work on each day.

Fortunately I control the scale and not the other way around. Oh how I've learned the hard way!!!

Anyway, tracking myself daily or as often as I can helps me to keep track of the behavior that has caused the weight gain and/or loss. As I restart my meal plan, based on the continuous gain, I know exactly the cause of the increase.

I needed to re-gain focus anyway. Sometimes I think I have it all under control, with a little slip here, a little allowance there, to realize, I've lost it and need to go back to square 1.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #10  

Kimiko: Guess I missed the picture of your new bambina! Congrats anyway of your new, sweet, little baby!

Brooksy: Congrats to you too!

Enjoy them because they grow up before you blink an eye!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #11  

MortonPixie: Congrats to you too! Wow!!! All these little babies around here!!!! =D
Old 07-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

KimikoD - Your daughter is beautiful and I love all of her hair!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #13  

Thank you everyone on your comments about my baby-girl! She's such a light in my life!!

Last edited by KimikoD; 07-02-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Editing because it's early and I can't spell!