Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Exclamation HERE'S a challenge for you...if you DARE...

Hi all!

One thing I had to do when I started to do yoga was to actually LOOK at myself in the mirrors at the studio. And I realized that I NEVER really just LOOK at my self, at least, not from the neck DOWN

And this got me to thinking .. (NOoooooo!!! )

How many of us can list ad NAUSEUM the body parts that they hate? How many of us actually LOOK at ourselves in the mirror in a positive way??? And if we can't identify just ONE thing we like about our bodies as they are RIGHT NOW, aren't we doing ourselves a huge disservice? Our bodies aren't perfect, but they get us from place to place and do so much in an average day. So maybe we should give ourselves a break and thank our bodies for what they do.

So the challenge is this:

What body part do you actually LIKE?

I dare you to just look in the mirror and find ONE thing about you physically that you LIKE and TELL yourself and us about it.

I think my shoulders ROCK. Oh, and I like my knees of all things.

What do YOU like about your body. Right now?

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 07-01-2009 at 11:21 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

In all honesty, when you asked I wanted to say my face. But I decided it sounds kind of like a cop-out and decided to change my answer. I like my forearms! While my upper arms don't show much muscle just yet, my forearms are awesomely toned! Oh and I love my back! I know I can't really see it, but I know I love it! Hopefully in a couple months I can say that there are more parts of me, but for now... these will have to do!

Thanks for that, reminds me of what I like instead of what I don't like! Way to start my day on the up and up!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/239/155

Height: 5'7"

The only thing I like about myself is my breast. The only thing is that I like them because I have so much extra weight on me and when I didn't have the weight on me I was much smaller in that area. But I can't wait to be thin, trim and healthy again!!!!
wanttobethinandtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #4  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I had the same kind of thought last week. That I really haven't "looked" at myself in motion for a while, so I tossed on my webcam while I was working out so I could see how bad/good I actually looked.

I really like my arms. They've always been pretty strong, and toned, and though all this weight is showing a bit in the underarms. It wont take much look for them to look as tight and toned as the rest of them.

Same deal with my legs, pretty killer except for the very top, and that shouldn't be hard to fix. (I hope. LOL)
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

I love my boobs, and if i had to pick a favorite body part otherwise...id have to say my legs, they are nice and long and getting slimmer.
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

I don't really particularly like any parts of my body. But, I don't dislike them either. I'm not critical of them, even my stomach which is huge and mushy. I mean, lot's of nice things are huge and mushy, right? Like bean bags
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, Ms Thin, there HAS to be SOMETHING!
Look at your avatar! You have the cutest nose EVER. And I'd kill for eyebrows like yours. You have a neat shape to your mouth.
So if I can see this from your avatar, there has to be SOMETHING you like!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #8  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

I love my shoulders/collar bone area, great angles and curves. I also have real cute feet and I'm starting to like my curvy waist too!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

I like my eyes.
I like my underarms, wrists and hands. They don't show any overweight. Same with my lower legs, I have always been a walker and my lower legs are strong and toned looking.
My ankles have always been slim looking.
I have always categorically refused, even as a kid, to wear shoes that pinched my feet, and that was most of them because my feet are very wide.
But I now have the loveliest straight, sturdy feet, no bunions or annoying calusses, my big toes are straight and my arches are high and healthy and I just LOVE my feet.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

I love my calves. When I was on college, a guy friend of mine said he wanted to breed with me so his children would have calves like mine!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #11  

I love my back...I loves backs in general. Just a really attractive part of the human anatomy, I say. Also, I have to agree with Fox that I like my shoulders/collarbones. And I am kind of jazzed that I am slowly but surely developing a waist and that is a lot of fun.

And I have great hair - long, thick, wavy, naturally honey blond.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

I love my legs... but only the outsides of them. I don't mean as opposed to the INSIDES (as in blood, fat, muscle), but just.. you know. I have to be sideways and look at the mirror to be happy But then they look incredibly toned and strong and muscular.

Does that count? Also, I like my hands even though my fingers aren't very long. I'm short, so it's ok.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Right now I LOVE my calves and ankles. Trim and slim... even at 248 lbs!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #14  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

I love this game. It makes me SO happy to see people being POSITIVE about something to do with themselves!

I personally am a huge fan of my legs. Mostly my calves, since the thighs definitely could use a little help, but all the same. I have very long legs that kind of go on forever, and I love them.

It's gonna sound weird, but I can't mention how I love my long legs without saying I actually really like my long torso. I mean, yes, I have the belly. That's not so cute. But I know that WHEN, not IF, I lose my weight, I'm going to look pretty fabulous, even if I DON'T really have much of a figure - And I really don't. LOL

I also really like my face, and my boobs... Even though my boobs are about a cup size off from each other. Maybe losing weight will even them out.

By doing this, I have realized that I really like most things about myself, I just don't like what FAT has done to them! LOL
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Well, I was told I have great legs, I also like my arms, the upper arms need some toning. Another awesome thing is that even though I'm fluffy my tummy still is considerably more flat than alot of people who weigh as much as me.

someone told me I had great calves and ankles too.

I HATE my boobs. They are big and annoying. I want my old smaller perky ones. I can't wait to shrink my boobs.

I can't love my back because of the rolls under my bra. I hate that.

My eyes are beautiful though. And my hair.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote