South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Wednesday!!!

If I'm starting this thread, Ruth and Cottage have had too much wine last night.

We're leaving for Louisiana tomorrow! Hooray! Gotta get through today. Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I suspect you're right Chelby I hope today whizzes by and it's time to leave before you know it

Just another boring day at the office for me today. Can't do this every week that's for sure.

Tonight we are off to a benefit for DP's employer. It's a 90 minute preview of Ken Burns' new series on National Parks with questions to Ken after. Should be fun and interesting.

How is your Wednesday shaping up?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been waiting to hear from Ruth and Cottage. Yes, they must be having too much fun.

Cyndi, enjoy your preview tonight. It sounds really interesting. I picked up a copy of "The End of Overeating" at our library. Just got to peruse, but I'm definitely looking for a small local spot for breakfast. I think I may be "over" the chain thing. No Village Inn today!

Have a safe and fun trip, Chelby. I'm off on an adventure, too. We are leaving in minutes to drive to my Grandmothers homestead in Wyoming. It's about 200 miles and there's nothing to do there except to make sure you have bug spray so you can get out and take a snapshot. We'll be back this evening. I have the cooler packed with a SB picnic.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #4  

Cyndi -- Did some research on the Internet. It absolutely was a young Great Horned Owl in my back yard. I can't wait to see it again!

Lexxiss -- Have a great road trip! We've been to Jackson Hole,WY. We went in January. I've never been so cold in my entire life! -14!!! During the day!!! This Southern Girl can't handle it! But, there were no bugs.

Off to shower!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Lexus, have fun at the homestead!

I had 3 of my nephews over the other day, took them to Grime's glenn... they got to climb a water falls (up about 30 feet of the 60 ft wall)... (didn't let them go all the way) but they had a BLAST! I'll be picking two of them up with their sister to go to Clark's Gully as soon as Naomi is feeling better. Poor thing, her birthday yesterday and she was throwing up! Her 13th birthday at that!

Still holding at the same weight and can't seem to move the needle. pretty much since I've started been at the 180 marker and it's becoming quite bothersome! And yes, I've tried doing just the p1 several times.. the one time I got down to 170 I gained it back .

Anyway, got to take ds to work and get groceries... catch you all soon.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Chelby and Lex...both of you have fun on your trips and be careful out there!!!
Cyndi, that preview sounds so interesting. I just love the way Ken Burns "tells a story". Speaking of stories, I was watching an episode of "history detectives" online yesterday where they found a child's "poem book" in Chicago that belonged to a child in New Orleans. My GGGrandfather was most like the child's teacher. Leads me on another path for research if I can get an appointment to peruse the archives.

Nothing on my plate today except taking son (Beau) to get his tooth replaced. Trying to get everything watered in the gardens this morning before it gets too hot. I ordered a bunch of Caldrea cleaning products, so will put off any cleaning till they come in. I love their laundry detergent (I just use it on my clothes, the guys don't care what their clothes smell like!) so I figured I'd treat myself to some cleaning products too. Beau informed me yesterday he will leave in about 3 weeks for a 5 week long "visit" to the seminary, then come home for a couple of weeks and will join the order in September. Hard to believe my son will be a priest...even harder to believe he is giving up the most precious girl ever to do it. I told him I expect him to be pope before I die.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-01-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Chelby and Debbie have fun on your trips.

Cyndi your plans sound interesting, have fun.

Loriann- I feel your pain my scale is stuck as well but holding on there.

Cat- Have fun doing research on your grandfather. As long as your son is doing it for the right reasons then it is the right choice for him.

Today I am hoping work will be slower today and less stressful, I did yoga last night and that worked wonders felt so relaxed afterwards. Hoping to have another relaxing evening at home and catching up on my sleep. Restorative powers of rest hehe.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well!!!!!!!! Cottage and I have been sitting here since 4 am waiting for somebody to step up and start the frassing daily. Good work, C***A** Chelby! (Inside joke. y'all.)

Yesterday we made eight pie crusts, drank wine with my sister, had lunch out (with wine), had some bubbly on the porch and had dinner with wine followed by more wine. I think we are off plan! No fear of going into starvation mode though.

Not sure what will happen today but we are going to visit Claire and there may be wine involved. Cottage thinks all Canadians are winos. [size]She is now an honorary Canuk![/size] And today is CANADA DAY so it's very appropriate!

Have a Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning ladies been awhile since I checked in. It seems to have been forever not just 2 weeks. Busy busy with the kids this summer. They all have their own sports to get to and swim team and none drive yet! Taxi at the ready! I am doing good on the eating side and exercise seems to be okay also but the needle on the scale seems to be stuck. I started training for the 3 day walk so I thought the scale might like the extra movement but it has not gotten the idea. oh well.. I can tell the difference in my legs.

Will try to check in sooner next time off to get the kids up for swim. Hope everyones day is special in some way.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #10  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

well i have the week off work and it has rained every single day that i've been off...it did stop last night long enough for me to go for a walk. now its back to raining and i need to take the dog out in this stuff.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #11  

Morning girls!

Ruth and Cottage What a fun visit!! Glad to hear that you are having such a great time.

Chelby Have a blast on your trip!

Cat Wow- that is really interesting about Beau becoming a priest. When did he make that decision?

Lexiss Enjoy your day trip- that sounds fun.

Cyndi Hope you are having a great Wednesday!

Pearl Hope that today is less stressful for you. Sending you good vibes...

Little DD is still asleep, just sipping my coffee, waiting for the neighbor boy I am babysitting this summer to show up. Didn't hear one word from my 7 yer old who is in Ohio with her cousins this week. My SIL did post some pictures on Facebook, so at least I got to see her.

Day 3 of Phase 1- going well. I do have bunco this evening which always involves good food and lots of wine. I am going to eat ahead of time and just enjoy the company!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #12  

Ruth, What does Canada Day celebrate? How do you celebrate?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kiko...he's been thinking about being a priest since he was a really little guy. I thought that plan was out of the window when he met "the perfect girl", but I guess you have to do what you have to do. He is joining an order that has a strict "vow of poverty" and will be ministering to the poor/homeless/addict population in NYC. He'll also get his masters in theology up there. Maybe one day he'll return home. I would love to see him work in New Orleans since so much help is needed there. He loved his visit last week in NYC and especially enjoyed working in a soup kitchen. This from a kid who wouldn't know how to clean a kitchen if he got paid for it! He has always been a kind hearted caring kid and straight A student...graduated magna cum laude from college. He really has a lot to give and I'm proud of him, but will miss him so much.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-01-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, everybody! I've been here, joining Ruth on the comments, but letting her do the posting. (It is her computer, after all, LOL!) I am so glad I decided to drive up here on my vacation, and have been having the most wonderful time. These Canadians sure know how to enjoy their wine!!! I've never been much of a dog person, but I fell instantly in love with Disney and Jazz. They are just adorable, and I believe they like me, too. Jazz, especially, loves to climb onto my lap for a nice cuddle.

I believe someone had asked if this is the first time I've met Ruth IRL, and no, we have met and vacationed together before, but this is the first time I've been to her home.

Chelby, Canada Day is just like our celebration of Independence Day. There are a lot of flags flying and BBQ's planned for the holiday, just like we Americans.

We've been puttering around, just chatting and drinking coffee so far today, but we'll be going out shortly. Ruth needs to pick up milk, and there's a famous cheese dairy we're going to so I can buy some cheese to take home. Oh, and they have the most amazing oat cakes here. I must take some of those home with me, too.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #15  
sophie

Hi Chickies,
Sorry no time for personals, getting ready for company this afternoon but just had to say - Cottage, isn't Canadian wine great, eh.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread