Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #218 Bale of Turtles Hunting for Success!

We are the Turtle Group here at www3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support . Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin adn Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - thanks for posting veggie pie recipe for Msmeri, am sure she will enjoy this as much as we do. Hope your weigh in went well.

Msmeri - for the recipe Judy posted as is for 6 pieces it is 3 points per piece.
As Judy noted, we change up the veggies then follow rest of recipe as is.
Try this - it is fabulous! Thanks for posting your recipes, they sound yummy.
I try & stay away from too many dessert recipes even if they are low in points. Seems to be a trigger for me then I overdo in other areas as well.

Princess - how you doing?

I have done well this week & got in 10 miles of walking, so happy with that.

Finished off my ratatouille (melted cheddar cheese on top) with roast beef &
mashed cauliflower (faux mashed potatoes) - and all that was really good.
Didn't need evening snack since was late when I had supper.

Tonight going toilet shopping - so that will be different. My cousins husband is going to fix up my bathroom & I am replacing the old toilet, hopefully that will go smooth. Always something to renovate, replace or fix when you have an older home. But, I like it so not complaining.

We have our Canada Day holiday tomorrow, so will be off work. But will still get in my walk & go to my meeting for my weigh in.

Hope you all are having a good week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #3  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Teriffic Tuesday 2.9

Judy - Thnx I can't wait to make it. We are going to the store today. I'll pick up all the stuff. I allready have the Bisquick. And I will be leaving out the onions.

Bandit - Do you have fireworks on Canada Day?

Last edited by msmeri; 06-30-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: forgot the name
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #4  

Hi Msmeri - yes, there will be fireworks at different parks, but I usually go to the ones at my trailer park, but this year I am planning on staying home since it is suppose to rain all day. Will be nice to be off work middle of the week.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies!

Hoping I am not stepping on toes here...hoping you all won't mind another turtle to join in.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #6  
Chick

Oh Christina, we you. You're not stepping on anyone's toes and we are so not a clique. We're just a group of women (so far) who support each other, post our successes, and ask for help when we're having a tough time. Anyone who fits into those categories is more than welcome to post with us!!!! We get some fabulous ideas from new Turtles and we're always glad to hear what's going on in your life. Tell us about you.

All goes well here. I decided to WI tomorrow morning. My home scale is reading a very good number, so I've got my fingers crossed. I pointed out the Impossible Veggie Pie and got what Bandit did. To drop the calories and points down even more, you can use ffr cheddar cheese, with lite Bisquick, ff milk and all egg whites or egg beaters, you can squeeze the points down to 2 points/1/6 piece of pie. If I'm using it for lunch or dinner, I need at least a quarter of the pie or even a third. I'm a volume eater, but that's just me. Good luck.

Gotta run, but wanted to get back and say hi. I've got : going for Princess and her job search and for all of us to stay OP and keep on keepin' on. I'll be in a couple of challenging eating places for the next few days and then I'll be at the fourth of July party--but I'll remember to bring a huge yummy salad and will play it smart! You all take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/208.8/204.6 and closer to 30# down!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone. Yesterday was not a good food day for me, not sure what happened but today is a new day!

Christina: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us! This is a great group that is great on support and sharing ideas.

Judy: Sooooo happy that you are getting the numbers that you want to see on the scale... It is important, I know it is not everything but it sure helps...LOL.

Bandit: Enjoy your holiday and the time off from work! Not much is going on here really. Just trying to get things ready as I head up north to my mom's this coming Sunday and then I will not be home for a while. I am going to try and find a computer up there to use to check in but not sure I will be able to. Mom has a computer but no internet access =)

Meri: the veggie pie is very good, and works all year long as a quick low point and filling meal.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #8  
Chick

Princess, good luck with helping out your Mom. You'll be a blessing to her.
Judy
I'm heading out to the ocean for two days and will be back in time for the fourth. Evidently I'm bringing the thunderstorms with me. Ugh.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #9  

Morning, turtles

Christina - a big welcome to you, these ladies are great and offer lots of good ideas & support. Look forwarding to hearing some tips/recipes from you.

Princess - nice you are able to help your mom, and hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Judy, Judy, Judy - good luck at the scale. You have been working very hard and am sure you will be rewarding at your weigh in.

As for me, last night wasn't good with the eating. I went shopping for my bathroom stuff which was fine, but then we got back & I hadn't had supper and everyone wanted pizza, so I gave in and ate that way too late in the evening. But no use dwelling on it, just have to behave today.

It is Canada Day and wet & rainy and my dd is moving to her new place so won't be home today, so I am taking advantage of being home & not having to do anything. Just going to have a "me day" for a change.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #10  

Morning, turtles

Christina - a big welcome to you, these ladies are great and offer lots of good ideas & support. Look forwarding to hearing some tips/recipes from you.

Princess - nice you are able to help your mom, and hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Judy, Judy, Judy - good luck at the scale. You have been working very hard and am sure you will be rewarding at your weigh in.

As for me, last night wasn't good with the eating. I went shopping for my bathroom stuff which was fine, but then we got back & I hadn't had supper and everyone wanted pizza, so I gave in and ate that way too late in the evening. But no use dwelling on it, just have to behave today.

It is Canada Day and wet & rainy and my dd is moving to her new place so won't be home today, so I am taking advantage of being home & not having to do anything. Just going to have a "me day" for a change.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #11  

Morning, turtles

Old 07-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, have a good me day. We all deserve one of those every once in awhile! :

Ayla, how are you doing?

Christina, how are you?

Hey, I finally had a great WI at WW's. I was down 4.6# (remember, last week I was up a pound) and I am .2# away from losing 30#! :

Have a great rest of the week and I'll chime in when I can.

Judy
234.6/204.2/200 and closer to onederland!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #13  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Wednesday WI day

Christina - Glad to have ya. I see you have been on the fat chicks a while. Great. And your weight loss is movin' along. I love your signature.

Judy - Keep a grip on those challenging eating places, You know all the right choices.

Bandit - Pizza is just evil. It's my kryptonite and we have it every Friday, so I can't avoid it.

Judy - You must have just had on big ear rings or something .2 is crazy...I know ....underwire! Next week my friend is gonna be your magic number.

So my WI is tonight. I am hosting the dinner. DH picked steak salad. I asked each girl there favorite salad topping, and ended up with quite a list. Everything from bean sprouts, garbanzo beans, green onion, bacon, fetta, almonds, craisens, along with all the regular stuff. I had the cash register lady do a total after all the veggies and it was over $30. not including the steak. DH was mad, I told him it was his idea. but I think he is ok now.

so last week was the starting weight, right for our Summer Challenge 10 week thing. It did not count for weight loss right?
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies and thank you for the welcome!

No time for a long post right now, but promise to be back tomorrow to chat and tell some about myself. For now...

Hoping everyone is having a great day! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #15  

Good evening, turtles:

Judy - WOW, what a fabulous loss for you! I am sooooooo proud & can't imagine how happy you are. That is terrific!

Christina - glad to have you onboard.

Princess- hope you are doing well.

Msmeri - yes, I agree about pizza being evil. You can't just have 1 piece.

As for myself, I was down 1.5# at my weigh in so was OK with that.
Always glad when the scale goes down!

Keep up all the good everyone, and lets get all have a great day tomorrow!