Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 29 June - 5 July

And we are now officially half way through the year. Well, OK, on Wednesday we're halfway through the year, but even so... That's scary!

Apologies for my absence last week - I let a couple of stupid little things get on top of me, then the Michael Jackson news really knocked me as well. It's quite strange - I've never been a fan of his, don't own any of his music, but it really shocked me. Anyway, I'm back now and I won't go MIA this week!

Things are going well for me. The gym is still going well, even if yummy trainer needs to be renamed - he put all my weights up on Friday and I'm really feeling it. Work is going OK - after tomorrow we'll be in a new financial year, so we're kind of holding our breath that nothing's going to happen to affect our bottom line further. And I went through my wardrobe over the weekend. Talk about utter chaos - I didn't realise I owned so many clothes! Still, I've managed to get rid of a lot of things that are too big for me, and I've moved a lot of things that either fit me perfectly or nearly fit me to the front of the wardrobe and the top of the drawers.

I'm not going to do personals tonight - you all talked too much for me to catch up on! I'll leave some hugs for those who need them, and just let you all know I'm thinking of you!

Take care - I'll talk to you tomorrow!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone!

Nicolen--I cannot believe we are flying through this year!!! No apologies needed! Things happen...I would say things are going fantastic for you!!!! Good for you for cleaning out your clothes! I need to do that, but I want to want until I start loosing again....I feel better about cleaning out when I am loosing...if that makes any sense at all!

Jab--I thought of you on Thursday when I was heading to the mall....I saw LOTS of motorcycles. It was a gorgeous day and looked like lots of people were out for a ride. I know you said you didn't do as well as you would have liked, but you know what...I bet you had a great time w/ your friends! That's what is important!

This morning I have a drs appt to go over my bloodwork that I had done last week. I am sure the #'s will be fine (they always are)...BUT I am NOT looking forward to hopping on the scale in the drs office. I always weigh heavier there and I have gained since my last visit. I am not proud of that, but I am back on track, it just isn't showing on the scale yet. The good news is, I can talk to the dr about what I have been doing/not doing/and now doing again. She is fabulous and very supportive.

Hi to everyone else!

I am going to the gym right after work--legs/back weights and cardio. I need to drink LOTS of water...I am really bloated today...not sure what I ate yesterday that had so much sodium, but I am feeling it today!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #3  
mj5

Hi again! Ok, so my drs appt went really well. b/w #'s are good, which is good--except Vit D...which is on the low side. We had a great talk about weight loss and how it is a journey and the most important thing is that I have NOT given up. We talked about what I am doing and what my plan is to progress. Very positive experience. I have to go back in 6 months--repeat b/w and if vit D is still low, then I will have to take an extra supplement. I have had to do that before, so not a huge deal there.

I am having a hard time getting into the 'groove' at work, but that's what happens after a few days off and then coming in late on top of it! Oh well...I am at least organized and ready to jump in to my projects...just wanted to pop in here quick during lunch.

Have a great day...I need to go fill up my water bottle again.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a good workout, but not a good weigh in. I went up, just a little, by .2 lbs. I'm hoping it is because TOM is here 5 days early. (whatever!) It actually will be better this way because we're going camping next weekend. Still, not liking it.

Nicolen: Glad to see you again! You could always call him "yummy yet evil" trainer.

MJ: Sounds like pretty good news at the doc! Good for you.

Hi to everyone else!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Well, this was the first week of my cooking for myself and I was down 4 pounds. Must have done something right! I've been a bit blue of late and I am worried that I may be put back on my depression meds. I don't know why that bothers me so much - I guess it just makes me feel broken in some way. Oh well, enough of that!

Let's all have a great week, shall we?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #6  
mj5

Hi again! I was running late (shocker, right?!), but I did go to the gym. I did 30 mins of cardio...it was all I had time for. I was sweating up a storm! It felt GREAT!!! I want to lift weights tomorrow AND do cardio.

Diane--I am sure the stupid scale is because of TOM...and like you said..MUCH better now than next weekend!

CC--FANTASTIC, 4lbs down!!! You certainly did something right!!!! You are not broken. If you need meds for depression, then you need them. It's a chemical imbalance, that does not make you broken. Yes...enough of that! LOL! Take care of yourself. I had to go on anti-anxiety meds for a while. I didn't like it (so I can kind-of relate to the 'broken' feeling), but I HATED the way I felt w/out the meds. If I need them again, I'll take them again.

I need to remember to call my ortho tomorrow...my knee is acting up again (still?)...so time to go see him for another injection.

Hi to everyone else! Pop in and let us know how you are doing!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #7  
Nicole

Hi everyone,

So, not the best day today. I went down with a migrane late last night, didn't get a lot of sleep, so flagged the gym and work. Boss was really understanding which is not like him. I must have sounded really miserable when I rang in - either that or the fact that it's only my third sick day this year. I'm feeling OK now - there's still a bit of a headache behind my eyes and I'm feeling a bit seedy thanks to all the meds I took, but I should be find after a good night's sleep.

So exercise has been nil and diet - well, I've hardly eaten today for obvious reasons, so I can't really give myself a pass mark on that either. But these things happen, right?

MJ, 30 minutes of cardio is better than nothing!

Diane, these things happen and once TOM comes, you'll have a big loss to report.

CC, go you with the cooking! And it's better to go back on the depression meds than struggle through and end up in a worse place than you were - trust me, I've been there.

Everyone else, hi!

Have fun everyone!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Hi to everyone !!

CC, if you were on meds that worked for you before you really should give them another go around. I understand the broken scenario, but sometimes we can't fix it without a little help. The mind is very complex and rules the rest of our body.
4 lbs down is great news and something definitely to be proud of. The right attitude or feeling about life in general can do wonders as you know so I wish you the best of luck because I know how horribly crappy life can be when you just can't get your head above water so you don't feel as if you are drowning emotionally.

mj5, my dr put me on mega doses of vitamin d last year. I recently read an article that I found interesting. For years we have been told to slather up with sunscreen to avoid the evil rays that cause skin cancer. The report went on to say they believe there to be a correlation between the reports of low vitamin d and sunscreen ... meaning we aren't getting enough vitamin d thru the sun because we are avoiding it by sunscreen use. It actually made a lot of sense broken down on that level. I am very fair with freckles so I typically burn if I don't slather up...lol

Well I am back on track after my weekend. It was a mixed time for me. I cried about my bike and the fact that I can't ride at this stage in my life. It's as if a part of me is dieing slowly inside. My last two motorcycles were at the event which made it hard. I thought I was doing pretty good until a girl I have known for 20+ yrs (I use to work for her father so I remember when she was just a kid) came up to me and said Wow, Julie I hate to see you like this as she was rubbing my back. I was staring at my bike I sold late last year. Of course my chin started to quiver and I had to excuse myself.

Then we made the decision to cancel our vacation in the fall. We were booked on a Hogs on the High Seas charity cruise. We went last year and had a great time (it was suppose to be a once in a lifetime vacation for us) but it was so great we booked for this year before leaving the ship. But we've just fallen so far down financially with the current job(s) situation it can't be helped. There are some hurt feelings about that but relief as well because I was sweating the financial pressure of it. We had put off booking motels and buying airfare until we saw how the year was playing out.

But I am trying to hold my chin up , reminding myself of the many blessings I do have and how lucky I am compared to many I know at this time. I am also happy I stayed on track yesterday with my plan

Yesterday's food....

mon 6/29/09

pineapple (fresh)
water

triscuits
water

sugar snap pea and pepper stir fry veggie mix
Morningstar Italian sausage
Cottage cheese
water

sf pudding
water

? yummy yet evil trainer huh, I musta missed reading a few posts...lol

Hope everyone has a great day and makes the most of it !!!!!!!

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! I am only working today and tomorrow...then I have Thurs, Fri, Sa, Sun, and Mon off...Yippee....I am going to have a terrible time working a full week after all of these long weekends!!! LOL!!! I am going shopping w/ a friend on Thurs...a total girls day--can't wait!!! Then another friend is coming up from out of state. It's going to be a great weekend. The only downside, is dh has to work all weekend.

nicolen--Oh sweetie, I hope you feel better! Migraines are horrible.

jab--My doctor has been checking my vit D level for years (actually it's his "thing"....he checks everyone) Good for you for getting right back on track after your weekend! I am so sorry that there was so much sadness too. Hopefully you can do something nice for yourself. It won't be the same as the vacation you had planned, but something less expensive. Overall, you sound like you are doing fantastic!!!! Keep it up!

My knee is REALLY bad today. I am going to call the ortho as soon as the office opens. Ugh. Really sick of this, but maybe he'll have some info for me....doubtful, but maybe.....
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #10  
mj5

Hi everyone. Accountability time.... No gym for me today. My knee is bad, real bad. Right now I have an ice pack AND I took the big pain meds. I'll take more before bed so I can sleep. I have an ortho appt, but not for 2 weeks. Tomorrow WILL be a better day!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 AM   #11  
Nicole

Well, it was a better day today - yay! I'm still feeling a little bit seedy, but I made it to work and got a walk in, so that's something at least.

Work went well - we've started the new financial year off well so far, touch wood, and somewhat amazingly we made part of our team target, so that'll be some money come August. Money good!

Tomorrow, I'll go to the gym and I've got meetings from 10:30 till 3 at work. Fun fun fun.

Julie, sorry you had to cancel your trip, but you're right - there's so much to be grateful for. And who knows - this time next year you may well be on that cruise!

MJ, you're doing well with these long weekends! Have an awesome time, and I hope your knee feels better.

Everyone else, hi!

The menu today

B - cheese on toast

S - 2 mandarins

L - sushi

S - muesli bar

D - chicken stirfry - chicken, rice, vegies.

I'd better go make dinner.

Have fun!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi - quick hello...my back is hurting and it hurts to sit at the computer. Hope all is well. I'll try later.

Have a GREAT day.!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Yesterday was busy, busy at work, today should be even busier... it makes it harder to be happy about it...lol.

My daughter (middle child who moved back home) got a job which makes me very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5, beverlyjoy, and nicolen.... I hope today you all feel much better !!!

Yesterday's food...

tues. 6/30/09

omelet spinach / mushroom/ mstar crumbles/ tomatoes
sm boiled potato
water

triscuits
water

craisins
lf yogurt
water

Mstar spicy black bean burger w/ mustard
Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash bread (1/2 pc)
Ff cheese
Water

Sf pudding
water
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends. Just checking in. I've not been on-plan for a while now, so I've just been lurking periodically. I'll get it together here soon.

MJ and Beverly - I'm so sorry to hear that the two of your are in pain. I hope you find relief soon.

CC - I have suffered with depression since my early teens. Sometimes, it just takes a 2-3 months on the medicine to bring my chemicals back into balance. A few months of meds versus being depressed.....seems like an easy decision, right? Do what you need to do for yourself. You deserve to enjoy your life. I speak for myself here, too. I've decided that I probably need to go back on the medicine for a while, too. I've been using sugar to feed my emotions, but it's not working well.

Hello to everyone else.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm. I guess I never did get back on here yesterday. I never posted anything! It was a busy, busy day. And.... accountability time.... I had a crappy day with food. I haven't been able to blame anything on TOM over the past few months, but I really believe that it has been attacking me this time. So, bad day yesterday, but moving on today. I'm back on track. Great workout this morning and I'm going to the spin class tomorrow.

Rhonda: Good to see you again. I'm so glad you posted.

Jab: Glad to hear about your daughter! Jobs are good!!!

Beverly: Hang in there! I hope your back starts feeling better soon.

Nicolen: I'd say to have fun at your meetings, but that isn't too easy to do! Just have a good day!

MJ: Tomorrow will be better! I hope your knee quits hurting!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote