Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default I peeked in on the 20-somethings...

...and I'm so glad I'm in my 40's! I do check in with the youngsters every once in awhile, just to remind me why it's okay to get older.

I'm in a mood today. I'm supposed to be working on some writing, but I'm feeling a bit snarky and unproductive. Too much salt over the weekend! Is there such a thing as a sodium hangover? I don't drink any longer, due to a diminishing return on the investment.

I wonder if the 50-somethings peek in here...

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Hi Georgia,

I peek in on the 20-somethings sometimes, too, and mostly I just wish I could legitimately post with them, LOL! They're a cute, spunky bunch of girls but yes, being in our 40's does have a few advantages; mostly, I think, a little more security in our bodies and our place in the world, if that makes sense.

I'm in a mood, too. I went to my (mumble mumble)-th class reunion events on Friday and Saturday night. Most of the girls there looked like me--pretty darn good, with maybe a few extra pounds around the middle. One gal there has had 5 kids and looks like she's about 32 and wearing size 4 pants (everyone was very envious of her, but she's as sweet and nice as can be). A boy I had a crush on in high school has grown up into a handsome man; he's a police sargeant and in his spare time, plays Christian music on his guitar and sings. And is happily married. Sigh. My hangover is more of the beer-related type, but I do have hazy recollections of quite a few cheese-and-cracker snacks being consumed. I also wore a devastatingly cute necklace that is made of cheap metals and now my chest is rashy and itchy; how could I have forgotten about my metal allergy!???? I AM getting old!

Maybe the 50-somethings peek in here--hopefully they can lend us some of THEIR wisdom!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I don't have to peak in on their thread. I live with two. That. Must. End.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Umm, yeah, they do (50+er crashing the thread). That being said - I peek in on the 30 somethings and the 20 somethings regularly as well.

And, for the record - I always enjoy lurking here
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Lol I'm peeking in on the 40-somethings now! I remember watching a tv show on happiness (http://www.chass.ucr.edu/faculty_book/lyubomirsky/) and what struck me was that people generally get happier as they get older, and the 20-s are NOT the happiest times of most people's lives. Something to look forward to.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm a 20 something here and I look around everywhere. As you can see...I'll post anywhere too.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I just hit the "new posts" button so I read or at least skim the topics of most areas. In fact I'm crashing you 40 somethings now! Muhaha...

<-35ish

Last edited by Idealmuse; 06-28-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I do check in with the youngsters every once in awhile, just to remind me why it's okay to get older.
Why do you say that, geoblewis? Just curious.
sakurasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #9  
Renaissance Woman

Because I have moments when I get all caught up with being nearly 50 and how difficult it is for me to lose weight and I get winsome for the days when I could go to the gym for three weeks and see some real results and now its so dang hard...and then I peek in on the young girls and read their stuff and remember where my head was in those days. And then I'm reminded that I'm glad I'm not there any longer!

And all you 50+ lurkers...we'll be hanging out soon enough. Can't wait to pick your brains!

Georgia
Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #10  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

LOL - the ONLY thing I miss about my 20's is the way I looked! For the last half my 20's anyway. I was pretty put together then. Oh, and the energy level.

I was giving a teenager relationship advice this weekend. Made me do some looking back. I'm really at a happier place now overall than I ever have been - still have a ways to go on several fronts, but we're getting there.

Gotta say - if it keeps getting this much better, I'm looking forward to the 50's - as long as I get the weight off first!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

The 50s are GREAT! Seriously!

But, it IS easier to lose weight sooner rather than later. It can DEFINITELY be done in your 50s, but it takes longer!

I look forward to seeing all of you on the 50+ threads one of these days (or come stick your toe in the water sooner - we love visitors over there)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #12  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I hit 'new posts' and if a thread title looks interesting I check it out. I don't pay that much attention to the catagories on the far left. Never have.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #13  
Renaissance Woman

I'm so glad to hear how much I can look forward to my 50s! I'm actually feeling much healthier now than I was in my 20s. I'm going to check in on you gorgeous 50+ chicks and see if I can get a jump on the fun!

Georgia
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #14  
Wandering in the Woods

If I compare what I have in my life now, and what I'm accomplishing, compared to then, there's no looking back. I think I occasionally miss my total innocence though, and lack of knee-jerk reactions due to decades of behavior patterns. Yeah, I might miss how everything was fresh and new, and how good coffee can taste when you've only had a few hundred cups, vs tens of thousands of cups... you know...just isht like that

I need to keep track of how much more I'm socially empowered at this point, and self aware. The thirties were a nice gradual adventure between the two points, but still I'm doing things NOW at 47 I've waited all my life to do. So again, I'll look back with fondness , but not with envy.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote