Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default WSJ Article on Diet Delivery Plans

Hi. I thought this was a very good comparison. The author compares Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem (fresh and shelf stable on both) and Lean Cuisine (budget alternative).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124528629139325895.html
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Interesting article
but I must say I think I will stick to what I am doing and prepare my own for much less then carry them with me to work or freeze them for later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

I agree. I saw an ad on Monster.com for a Jenny program director - no nutrition education required - just the ability to meet sales quotas.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #4  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

I have lost almost 25 pounds in 2 months doing the following:
Breakfast:
High fiber cereal w/ banana, 1/2 cup soy milk, 8 oz low-sodium V8 juice

Lunch:
1/2 lean turkey sandwich w/ American cheese, vegetable sticks (carrots, green pepper, asparagus, broccoli, etc).

Dinner:
Frozen diet entrée (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc), added fresh vegetable, fresh fruit.

Night Snack:
SnackPac pudding, Blue Bunny no sugar added ice cream, Skinny Cow 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches, or a Fiberone Bar.
Samantha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #5  

A friend and I tried Nutrisystem for a few months. In addition to being outrageously expensive, a lot of the food is real CRAP, esp. the lunch items (just add hot water to stuff in a cup, mostly pasta-type entrees). I've eaten many a Lean Cuisine, WW, and other cheap frozen meal as well as Kraft Mac n Cheese and other boxed junk in my time so I don't think my standards are unreasonably high. I don't see how anyone can stand to eat it continually and long enough to lose a significant amount of weight. I sure couldn't.
ShihtzuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote