Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/200/145

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Where's the wagon?! I fell off again!

Heya peeps. Talk about bummed. I was so revved up to do the diet thing and lose weight thing. Here it is a week later and I've fallen off the wagon. Heck, I can't even see the dang wagon. What wagon?

I've lost 8 lbs but I caved in and ate a pizza yesterday. Burger day before that. I'm so bummed. No exercising at all. Other that what I get here at work. I guess I forgot how to drive to the gym. Evil place that. I actually ate a salad today so maybe not all hope is lost. Maybe the wagon just went around the block.

I'm hoping to get into size ten jeans from an 18. Don't know what the weight will be at that time. Better than my current 204.

Praying that I can stick with it. And exercise. Exercise sucks. Does it get better the farther into this whole weightloss thing you get? I'm so not there. How does one get motivated? I think I was born without the motivation gene.

Bummed and so far from getting my sexy back,

SB96
sexybak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I don't have a diet wagon for you.
But I DO have a LIFESTYLE wagon for you!!!

Seriously...instead of thinking of this in terms of scale numbers and time and diet calories and exercise hours, perhaps just BREATHING for a bit, and thinking about what KIND of life you want to live might be helpful.

If, in your fantasy life, you are a size 10 and active and your skin glows and you eat healthy, good, balanced foods and you go biking and are excited to try new things, you've just defined a lifestyle that you want to have. And you can have it.

How do you get there? Figure out a consistent plan that you can live with that will promote this lifestyle. Pick a plan that lets you have pizza and burgers on occasion if this is important to you. Pick something that works with how you want to live, and you can do it FOREVER. This is the key that I've learned! All diets work, but to keep with it, you need to change your lifestyle...

So stay on the platform for a while if you like and THINK. The LIFESTYLE wagon will be around soon, and you can just jump on!!!

You can do this!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

IMHO you better get your butt in gear. I seriously think it is MUCH easier to lose weight in the summer than in the winter...If you don't get your grove on now, it will only get harder once fall and winter hit. The holidays are murder. Every day you eat burgers and pizza is another day in those size 18's. None of us can be the food police for you, you have got to WANT it! Now climb back on the wagon and don't get off!

BTW, I'm your height and I wear a size 10...though I don't weight train.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #4  

Sir yes SIR! LOL nice to know that someone out there is just up for the plain truth lol. Yeah winter is coming so you got that right. I gotcha in the thought process and thanx for letting me know that you are same height and you wear a ten. So not that far away yay! Just gotta keep that in mind.

:-)

SB96
Old 06-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

Well said Kiramira!

sb96, One or two off plan days doesn't ruin a potential lifetime of good choices. Believe in yourself. Believe that you deserve food that is nutritious, satisfying and delicious. You deserve to feel nourished and strong! Sometimes we crave the garbage, we neglect the gym. Fine, indulge that part of you once and a while, but also create a new part of you to indulge, the woman who glows with vitality and yearns for the sweat and pain from a good workout and quench the thirst for colorful and fresh food.

You can do it! I remember a saying around here, "You don't drown because you fall underwater, you drown because you stay there."
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #6  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

to motivate myself i'll put pictures up of what I used to look like when i weighed less... or, if I really wanna get motivated, I put up pictures from different angles of myself now. the mirror lies. it makes you look better than you actually do. so, I have my brother take pictures... "before" pictures. they're a good reminder of what i DONT want to look like for the rest of my life.
sometimes I'll play some good, upbeat music that makes me wanna dance around or run or do anything. even just dancing around your house/apartment/room burns a lot of calories. every little bit counts.
just try eating healthy for a few days. you'll feel an improvement. try portioning your meals. you'll feel better. it's nice to feel content instead of stuffed to the point of being sick. maybe keep a journal of what you eat, how much you exercised, and how you felt that day. you'll more than likely see an improvement in your mood as well as your self-esteem. eventually, those become all the motivation you need to change your life completely.
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Honestly, I sucked at exercise during weight loss and now that I'm maintaining. Because I didn't exercise as much, I knew I couldn't eat the pizza (speaking metaphorically). Although I did do a little DVD 3-5 days a week while I was losing, I definitely did not kill myself with exercise while losing weight and I don't exercise at all now (which I'm not proud of, just being honest).

I'm a firm believer in making the changes you can stick to. If you loathe and detest exercise like I do - quit stressing about it and focus on what you CAN do. You don't have to do everything perfectly right off the bat. Get your diet plan nailed down and when that's a healthy, living habit, try to work on the exercise component.

You can do little things - park farther away, take the stairs at work (I do stuff like that) but a lot of people seem to get caught up in EVERYTHING about weight loss and when it's hard to do everything, they just give up.

What can you do? Do that.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:55 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybak96 View Post

Praying that I can stick with it. And exercise. Exercise sucks. Does it get better the farther into this whole weightloss thing you get? I'm so not there. How does one get motivated? I think I was born without the motivation gene.
Some more tough love here. Praying to be able to stick to it is one thing. But I think you can also spend some valuable energy and time committing to sticking to it. Working towards sticking to it. Deciding to stick to it.

You want to fit into those 10's? Then you've got to do what is required to get there. You've lost 8 lbs already! So you my dear ARE a certified loser. You know how it gets done because you've done it. And most likely it wasn't giving into frequent spurts of pizza, burgers and inactivity.
You've got to decide what you want the MOST. Which matters to you more? The "junk" or those 10's?

I really don't think you've fallen off the wagon. Once you decide to stick with it and commit to stick with it, then there is no falling off the wagon. You keep on forging ahead because you've committed to be a slimmer and healthier person. There's no going on wagons and off wagons. You made some not terrific choices and that's that. Start making those better choices today. And all through out the day and then through out the next day and the next day - and there you have it. Firmly back ON that wagon.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #9  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

All great advice above. Let me add this: Tell yourself that you already ARE the kind of person who makes wise food decisions. Look at the pizza next time and say "I don't eat that kind of food, I eat healthy food in moderation, I do NOT eat junk food."

Or, if you are counting calories, on the days that you crave that kind of food try to make room for it in your calorie budget. Or better yet, find a healthful alternative. Like for the pizza, you could put some marinara and mozzarella on a whole wheat english muffin and toast it in the toaster oven. Yummy!

Good luck!
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Smile

I'm going to have to agree that you really haven't fallen off the wagon.
You just hit an early rough patch.
Remember the famous words

TO DO IS TO BE

When I hit a rough patch I "Act As IF"
That is:

I act as if I really want to exercise.
I act as if I really want to eat eat my veggies.
First thing you know you are no longer acting - you're there

I'm going to also have to agree that's is much easier during the summer months to find the right kind of foods & activities to help you become the person you dream of.
Good luck to you

Last edited by susiemartin; 06-27-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: sp
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #11  
Baby Stepping Along

Hey Sexy,
I wanted to throw out a couple of thoughts:

1. Keep track of what you are doing right as much as the other. For example, you came here to post. That's not 'off the wagon' behavior. That's a positive thing towards your healthy lifestyle goals. What else did you do right? What else felt 'easy'? Declare those your new lifestyle habits and start building on that foundation.

2. I started on a plan that was really, really easy to stay on the wagon because I am an all-or-none thinker so I needed a plan that allowed me to stay on plan day in and day out without being perfect. I found this really got me rolling in a positive direction and then bigger changes got easier and easier to work out. Here's how I did it:

Give yourself one point per day if:
1. Accountability: record your food somewhere...food journal, on one of the boards, where ever it will hold you accountable to write it down. It doesn't have to be super detailed. Just a place where you are going to have to fess up to the slab o' cake or something like that AND start to figure out what does and doesn't satisfy you.
2. Exercise: Any exercise...walk around the block, march in place during commercials, anything. You are trying to establish the thought process that you need to get it in at some point. Again, don't worry about how much, etc., just do something.
3. Water: Increase your water consumption. If you aren't drinking any, add a glass before each meal. If you are drinking it already, cool, easy point.
4. Me time: Take 15 min to do something just for you. Read, journal, whatever is a 'treat' for you.
5. Good/Better/Best Choice: Make one good/better/best choice per day. Skip a treat, count out the chips instead of eating from the bag, leave a bite or 2 behind. Only need one per day.

You can set a reward for days in a row with 5 points or I use a weekly total of 30+ points a week for a reward threshold. Find a meaningful non-food reward and give it to yourself when you get the job done. You'll likely get to a point where one or more of these is too easy and then you can start raising the bar for yourself gradually. Make the exercise goal a certain number of minutes...got the water? Change it out to fruit/veggie servings.

For me, this snowballed very quickly but it is something that I have been able to come back around to time and time again to get myself back on the wagon when I've been hanging on by a nail or in the tracks underneath.

HTH!

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #12  

Height: 4'11"

Hi!

Would you mind sharing what your food plan is for losing weight? It might help you to write it down, and maybe we could make some suggestions.

Exercise sucks. I suggest you do something-- anything. You don't have to work out at the gym for an hour everyday. Just set a small goal. Pull weeds, go for a bike ride, do crunches during the commercials. Just make a commitment to do something small. I never thought I'd have an exercise habit. Now, I walk my dog every day for an hour. I can't say I realy like it, but I'm getting to the point now where I do get kinda stir crazy if I miss a day, so I guess I'm developing a craving for it

Last edited by thinpossible; 06-27-2009 at 09:35 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #13  

Food plan. Not big on calorie counting (yet) though I can say I am more aware of them. I actually look at the calories on a package and serving size before I woof stuff down. So the awareness is there. Typical day lately has been as follows:
Monday Breakfast: boiled egg, toast with 1 tb PB
Monday Lunch: Piece of cheese, five crackers, apple
Monday dinner: 1 cup brocc., 1 cup carrots, 3 oz of chicken seasoned with lemon pepper

I do a variation of that til wednesday then eat "normal" the other four days. Normal being portions the size of my fist. Like I had 1/2 CFS with 1/2 cup potatoes, 1 cup veggies, and about a cup of gravy (love gravy had to have it on the taters and meat >.<) I drink diet soda, water, or tea sweetened with sweetnlow. I'm forcing myself to eat breakfast now. This morning was a package of oatmeal. I think 160 cal.

Water is hard to me to drink. I personally hate it. But that's an over view of what I'm doing.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #14  

Breakfast
Black coffee or tea (Sweet & Low or Equal) or water
1/2 Grapefruit or Juice
1 slice toast with 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Lunch
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 slice toast
Dinner
3 oz. any lean meat
1 cup green beans
1 cup carrots
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1 medium apple

Ooo found the link online of the diet i'm doing. Here's the first day.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Like I had 1/2 CFS with 1/2 cup potatoes, 1 cup veggies, and about a cup of gravy (love gravy had to have it on the taters and meat
That could easily have 1000+ calories alone in it.

I think to get where you want to be, you really need to track your calories - even on your "normal" days just to find out what you are eating. You can't improve if you don't even know where you are.

And you need to change your vocabulary. Saying that chicken fried steak, potatoes, and gravy is "normal" and then eating "diet" foods the rest of the time is setting yourself up for failure.

Take a look at the things you love to eat, figure out the calories (for real) and then figure out a way to mix those into your days, so that you are eating the things you love and that will lead you to the weight loss you say you want without segregating your days and compartmentalizing your foods.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote