View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #45
AngelicLyna

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

PERSONAL INFORMATION: My name is Lyna, I am 27 years old from Ohio. I am engaged to a wonderful and supportive man, I have 2 cute dogs (Golden Retriever and a Siberian Husky). I do want other types of pets but my fiance said no more =(

I was a student till I fell ill. I'm a fast learner but I like to know about useless things hehe. I love to cook and bake. I play loads of video games. I love listening to music, I do watch some TV now and then, my favorite shows are "Family Guy", "House MD", "Futurama", "South Park", "Fringe", "CSI: Miami" and "Dexter". I also watch a lot of anime (Japanese animation). My favorite movie genre is comedy. I love to read sci-fi fantasy books! I'm a loyal and reliable friend so some people do tend to use me so therefore I have a trust issue. I'm super shy till you get to know me, it's like I'm two different people. I love to make people laugh and make them feel wanted. I used to volunteer as a reader for mentally challenged children and they were my inspiration and joy.

DIABETES INFORMATION: I was diagnosed 9 years ago with type 2 diabetes at age 18. I've been on Glucophage, Glyburide, Humulin R and Humulin N. With Glucophage I felt fatigue so I had to stop and I went on Glyburide. Earlier this year, I was so sick that I couldn't even walk down the stairs and I slept 18 hours a day from exhaustion. =( But I've been getting better with treatment so now I have the energy to be myself again maybe even better than before!

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I'm 5'2 and I'm at 217lbs, I hope to lose another 97lbs in the next 2 years. I've been on Optifast but that wasn't the right program for me, I need to eat food, 3 shakes a day was super hard but I did lose a lot of weight when I was able to stick to it. In the end, I had to say bye, it cost way too much and it was way too hard for me to do it. It was $600 for them to test my blood and give me a physical, weekly visits was $150 plus the cost of the shakes, which was about $12.50 a day so that was $237.50 a week.

What I am doing now: My exercise is consisted of running, jogging, walking (in that order, I start out strong and it slow fades lol) I follow a video from p90x for stretching for about an hour, I also do push ups & sit ups. I hope to start swimming soon. When I hit 170, I would like to do aerobics.

I'm not sure what I would call my diet but I have 4-6 tiny meals a day usually with lean meat (chicken or beef), fish, tofu, light cheese, there's always veggies with my meals and if I want something sweet, I'll have some sugar-free jello (they have protein and are low in calories which is awesome!) I keep my carb intake at 20-25grams a day and I don't eat over 1200 calories a day, my average is 990 cals. I know it sounds low but I am honestly full. I will add fruit to my diet soon. I have the luxury of having so much free time so I cook all my meals. That's a workout itself, cooking for me 4-6 times a day and then cooking 3 times a day for my fiance. Kind to think of it, my days are really busy with exercising and cooking.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVEMENTS:
I hope to get healthy so I can have the energy to return to school. I like so many things that I don't know what to do, so I hope I can find my one true passion so that I can work on it. I want to get back into volunteering too. One day, I want to get married and have children but not anytime soon.

Super Goal!
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote