Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #1  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

Default :) yay for today

today i went to visit my friend and her mom. i haven't seen them in a couple of months (since before I started my diet). I walked into the house, and they looked at me, and both of them went "YOU'VE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT!" their eyes were big, and they had these looks on their faces... and let me tell you... it was the best feeling in the world. her mom started telling me I've got an hourglass figure forming (something I've never had before) and it was just... the best day ever. My friend goes "you look like you've lost 20 pounds!" and.. I have ^_^ they were the first people to say anything, and I'm so thankful they did. It's just so encouraging... seeing the numbers drop on the scale makes you feel good, but when someone else looks at you and actually NOTICES you've lost a significant amount of weight.. gosh. it's enough to keep you motivated

i was driving home from my class tonight, and drove by soo many places that I love.. wendy's, church's, arby's, gosh, you name it, that town had it. I wanted to stop somewhere so badly, but remembering what they said just made me feel too good to turn back on my diet and eat that junk

i hope all of you have or will have someone notice all your hard work. it is an AMAZING feeing
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

(this is the third time i'm posting this on here, but oh well, it's pretty great) My boyfriend made two comments about my weight this past weekend, and he's never really done that. I've never really wanted him to. But this weekend, at first he said "yeah I can really notice a difference" when I was laying there going on and on about the gym. Then the next day I told him to feel my ab muscles (which are coming in like rocksss) and he said "yeah I can really tell, you're getting trimmer."
Then when I got home, my granny said the exact same thing, almost word for word.
Needless to say, I'm feeling great.
It's nice to be able to stoke the motivation fire every once in awhile
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #3  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I can't wait for that.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

YAY for you! And passing by food places you love must feel almost as good as hearing how great you're looking! Keep up the good work!
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

I totally know what you mean! I have been on leave from the store I work at(The Home Depot) for over a year and I've been losing weight for about 6 months now. I walked in to sign some paperwork with my manager and some girls I used to work with almost knocked me down rushing to tell me how I've lost SO much weight and asking my "Secret".

Calorie Counting and working out 2-5 times a week wasn't what they wanted to hear, I think, but it's the truth!

My motivation is my son. I want him to grow up with a healthy relationship with food and just be comfortable in his own skin. I'm afraid if I'm always going on and on about my diet and everything, it'll cause self esteem issues with my children when they are old enough to understand.

Good for you! Passing all those fast food places is quite the accomplishment!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

yay for the emerging hourglass!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

That's awesome, Divinechaos, what a lovely feeling that is! Enjoy it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #8  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Awesome job girls!!!! Keep it up!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Good for you for resisting temptation! Having your accomplishments recognized feels AWESOME. Keep it up and you'll be getting comments from everyone before long.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #10  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

thank you so much for all the support guys
you're all wonderful people and make this journey so much easier and more fun ^_^
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #11  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Doesn't it just feel so GOOD when someone else notices all that hard work that you have put into it!? Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and just remember any time that you want to just give up or when things get hard, think about all those comments and how they'll just keep coming if you stay strong!
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #12  
sugar is the devil

My ex-boyfriend (we just broke up a few days ago) told me a week or so ago that he could really notice my back fat disappearing... and they have! I hardly have any rolls back there and before they were huge.

Also, I've had a couple other comments this week. One was from a sorta co-worker (Im a student nurse and the comment was from a physiotherapist who I see every blue moon). Well, I used to work at Home Depot almost 2 years ago (and this was when I was at my heaviest weight; I have lost 40lbs since). Well this week she looked at me… asked if I used to work at Home Depot… and she was like “WOW you have lost a LOT of weight. You look really good!” That made me feel all bubbly inside. The other comment came from a close friend whom is moving to a different city in a couple days. He looks at me and said “Caitlin, you have lost a lot of weight”. Same comment… same bubbly feeling.

I love it! Can’t wait til I lose more and then more people will start noticing!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #13  

Yay!! Sometimes a good compliment especially coming from someone you cared for can really make a great difference.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote