Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #1  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Talking Its a Onederful Day!!!

So I stepped on the scale tonight at DHs urging before going swimming. It said 199lbs!!!!! Its a such a big thing for me to be able to say I weigh under 200lbs. Having this year finally finding a doctor who tested for everything and figured out what was wrong with me and having finally gotten on medication to help my thyroid I feel like its all happening so fast. I am trying to lose weight to help with my infertility issues. I know that losing even 10% of your body weight can help with that so this is great for me.

I am actually in tears right now because I not 2 months ago had given up on ever losing weight and had given up even on the idea of having children. Now that I am losing weight I feel like the idea of having children is becoming more possible now.

I do know that I wouldn't be at this weight if it wasn't for the support and the motivation at 3FC. When ever I need motivation I come to the goal sections and read the stories or post and get it. When ever I have questions they are quickly answered. Thank you all!
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Yay!! Congrats. I'm also waiting for that wonderful day where my scale would tell me I'm under 200lbs. So how did you do it? ^_^
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! Wonderful news following wonderful efforts!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Welcome to Onderland! I arrived here about 5 weeks ago. I know that awesome feeling. It is a mind game just to know you are under 200. Keep up the great work!
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #5  
Getting healthy again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicLyna View Post
Yay!! Congrats. I'm also waiting for that wonderful day where my scale would tell me I'm under 200lbs. So how did you do it? ^_^
A lot of trial and error and starting out by hurting myself. I had originally thought that eating as little as possible was best so I was eating maybe 900 calories a day. For two weeks. I felt horrible, I gained 2lbs and it was awful. Upped my calories between 1300-1600 and ever since then I have had no problems. I have energy, I am losing weight and exercising.
Calorie counting has worked for me but I also have cut down simple carbohydrates, I have small snacks so I keep myself full and don't stuff myself at night.

It also helps that my new doctor figured out my thyroid condition because it is very hard to lose weight with untreated hypothyroidsim.

I also started working out by taking a gym class twice a week at my community college. It is a cardiovascular fitness class so for $20.00 I have access to treadmills, elliptical machines, stair steppers, and bikes along with a small weight system. I also workout out using my Wii Fit at home and started being more active around the house instead of sitting and watching TV all the time.

The tools I have used is my GoWear Fit which has really motivated me to move. Food journals have been a huge tool, it keeps me accountable for what I am eating. A calorie king book which lists calorie counts for all kinds of foods including fast food places have really for one told me what I was really eating before and helped me when there is no other choice but to go some where to eat.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Congrats!!!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Lucky, Lucky!!! Keep up the AWESOME work!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Super big, congrats! You're almost at that 10% too, WTG and keep on truckin!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #9  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool How Exciting!!

YEAH!!

What a great accomplishment! You keep rockin' your plan!

I am hoping to have a similar post myself- My weigh in day is today and I am 2 lbs away from 199... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Wish me luck!

You enjoy the rest of your day! You should celebrate- Are you going to reward yourself with something? Maybe a new shirt or a haircut?
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #10  
Getting healthy again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacutie View Post
YEAH!!

What a great accomplishment! You keep rockin' your plan!

I am hoping to have a similar post myself- My weigh in day is today and I am 2 lbs away from 199... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Wish me luck!

You enjoy the rest of your day! You should celebrate- Are you going to reward yourself with something? Maybe a new shirt or a haircut?

Good luck with your weigh-in!!

I am definitely going to get myself a haircut. My first thought last night after I got over being happy was that I wanted to go out and get myself a cheeseburger. I resisted that, and decided that I need to use rewards that aren't food. I haven't had a haircut in about 8 months so that sounds really good right now especially since it is 100+ degrees outside.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Cebsme
Congratulations on Onederland! I hope to be there by the end of July!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #12  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

and

Keep up the groovy work!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations on reaching this milestone, and double-congratulations on choosing a non-food way to reward yourself! Yay!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

That is awesome :-) Way to go! There is nothing like a little success to motivate you!!! That is a great achievement and you should be so proud of yourself! I really hope for you that one day I will read a post about how your baby dreams are coming true
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote