Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm SO not feeling it today

I'm browsing websites and drinking water and trying to talk myself into going to the gym. I know it's good for me. I know I'll feel good about myself afterwards. But I'm having a day where I just DON'T want to go! I hate it when this happens, I'll go and do my workout eventually but I've wasted a good portion of my day talking myself into it. LOL
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey. Go now! Then it will be DONE!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I was having a really depressed and down day yesterday, and I was trying to talk myself out of going walking for about 3 hrs. Then when the time came for me to go, I just went. And after like 10 minutes, I felt great, heat and all, and was so glad I decided to go.

Take Jays advice, and just go! 1, 2, 3, and go!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #4  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

This has been the story of my life for the past two weeks! Yesterday was especially hard for me, too... I think I spent most of the afternoon convincing myself to go running after work.

You know what helped? I don't do this normally (it would get too expensive since I exercise nearly every day, haha), but I knew that I had to go shopping after running, so I rewarded myself with some new nail polish since I did go running. Little stuff can help motivate.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #5  

I did go to the gym today and increased my workout slightly. I'm trying to hit the gym 7 days per week but occasionally I just get one of those stubborn whiney I-don't-WANNA type days. I don't give in to my laziness unless I'm super sore or sick, neither of which happens regularly.

But it's good to know I can get a good kick in the behind here when I'm having an off day! Thanks ladies!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You really should plan a day off each week to recuperate! 5 or 6 days a week is quite enough to support weight loss.

Good for you for getting there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have to second Jay - 7 days a week at the gym isn't giving your body any time to recover. Recovery is just as important to getting more fit than the activity!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #8  

I'm not lifting weights at this time, just some elliptical (21 minutes today) and treadmill (30 minutes daily), so 7 days per week of less than an hour per day of cardio isn't that extreme. And I'm out of shape so my intensity on both isn't very high yet. Right now I find that 7 days per week of taking an hour to get some movement in is a good thing, but some days I'm just feeling lazy, like today.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

I totally agree that some form of movement every day is a great goal! Is there any non-gym activity you can get on days when you just don't feel like going to the actual gym? Biking, going for a walk outside, mall-walking, or really thorough house-cleaning/chores? I find that 3 hours spent puttering around in the garage or cleaning the (3-story!) house can burn 600 or so calories for me, it's the long-term sustained activity that does it. Could be a fun way to mix up your schedule, keep things interesting!

Last edited by jajabee; 06-25-2009 at 10:13 PM.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #10  

Actually I do regularly use walks at the beach or my favorite park as incentive to go to the gym. If I get to the gym I allow myself to take a walk in the park or on the beach as a reward. So I get the best of both worlds on those days, the gratification of going to the gym and the fresh air and sunshine from an outdoors walk. Today my reward for going to the gym was to sit in the back yard in the sunshine and read a chapter of a book, so not every day's reward is more exercise.