Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #1  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Hmmmm to to move past ?!?!?

I think I have hit a plateau .. I am sitting a 196lbs been going up and down at 196, 197 for the past 2 weeks. I want to move on, how do I jump start my body again??

Any one been through a plateau?? How did you get past it??
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You can try a few things- upping your workout by at least 15 minutes a day, or lowering calories by 100 a day and seeing what happens.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Hi Lauren, I feel your pain. We are at similar weights and I was stuck at 195 quite literally for a couple of months. I still exercised each day and ate the same amount of calories but the #'s just wouldn't budge. I made a few changes and have lost a couple of pounds over the past couple of weeks. The first thing I noticed I was doing was eating to many carbs. I was super addicted to Fiber Bars as a snack. Fiber Bars are great I was just eating to many. I cut down on them and started eating more Protein bars (Like SBD Bars). The extra protein has been keeping me fuller longer. I also upped my exercising. Now I will be the first to admit I am not an exercise buff. I enjoy walking and using my exercise ball the most, so for the past couple of weeks I've added an extra lap to my walking and have been using my exercise ball more often. FINALLY I got past this plateau! I don't think we have to do anything drastic, just try some small changes and see what happens. I know you'll get past this plateau!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there! I think that 2 weeks is too little time to define this as a plateau. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. What I do is review my week -- is it TOM? Did I eat out? What did I have? Did I increase my exercise? What is my water intake like? Do I feel bloated? Have I had regular BMs lately? How's my salt intake? Am I eating more processed foods than usual? Am I really, HONESTLY, and I mean brutally HONESTLY 100% on plan? Did I have some unaccounted for "tastes" of food I don't normally eat? Did I travel?
You'll probably find the answer here and it might be more helpful to make sure you are right on track rather than altering your plan just yet.
IF you have really taken a hard look at things, I would STILL wait it out for another week or two before tweaking.
Unfortunately, for me, weight loss isn't linear. I found this out by graphing my weekly loss, and I am on a 4 week cycle: week 1 big loss; week 2 ok to minimal loss; week 3 ok to minimal loss; week 4 no loss or minor gain. So when I stay the same and it is weeks 2 and 3, I hang on. Usually I see a big loss soon.
But above all, don't panic. Just be consistent and patient. If you do the work, your body WILL respond, but probably not as fast or as consistantly as you would like.
Hope this helps!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-25-2009 at 11:01 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the advice girls, I will see what happens over the weekend.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote