Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 01:53 PM   #1  

Question Totally into or totally out of Halloween?

OK, I thought that I would just throw this question out there.
Are you totally into or totally out of Halloween?

Me, this year, I am completely and totally into Halloween. I haven't been for the last several years, but this year it is different. I think that it is because of several reasons: 1. I am going to dress up (I made a totally awesome Snow White costume, that I never would have worn 30 pounds ago) 2. My DH is dressing up (He is going as Prince Charming) 3. Several friends are coming in town for a visit and 4. We are having a Halloween blast on Saturday. Actually I think that all of these reasons are mainly because I am feeling good about myself and not so self conscious.

Old 10-29-2002, 02:21 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Out.

Last year I was out because we were so utterly broke, we went to the park until after the trick-or-treaters were back home. This year, I just don't feel like we've settled into our new city yet (we moved here a year or so ago).

BUT! We did buy pumpkins to carve and we're going to roast pumpkin seeds and I even bought some candy that I don't like to give out to the kids.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #3  

This is one of my favorite time's of the year. I love Halloween.
I decorated my house, inside & out. Looks really cute.

But I won't be dressing up. Nothing much going on around here....

Old 10-29-2002, 04:49 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Into it more than usual, because of Jacob. Decorated my house and carved pumpkins for the 1st time in 10 years.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:39 PM   #5  

More out than in this year. Since dh's kidney diet precludes chocolate, I've decided not to tempt him by having any around the house (not to mention me but I've never been a chocoholic). So we will not be doing Trick or Treat this year for only the second time in 45 years. I have only two measly decorations up. A big change but somehow ok with me this year. DD invited us to come down and watch granddaughters do Halloween and that would have been great but we already had about three commitments standing in the way. Dumb.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Smile In!

In- because of Logan, my seven year old. He is gonna be Spider Man. Atleast he is not gonna be Pikachu for the third year in a row!! Two years of Pikachu is enough. I didnt even bother taking the pictures last year. Why bother with the same costume?
We are going trick or treating at a big mall nearby. It is cute to see all the kids dressed up and it is safer too!

laura aka
"spidy's" mom
Old 10-29-2002, 11:03 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Out. My kids are 15 and 13 - too old to trick or treat. Daughter (the younger child) begged me to buy her a costume this year. I told her if she wanted one, she could go buy it with her own money.

Boy, what a witch I am!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:12 AM   #8  

I'm into making costumes for my girls (they're going as cats), but not into decorating. I don't have time for that stuff!!! I usually carve one of those really fancy pumpkin designs, but I haven't even thought about doing that this year! Maybe I'd better do it or my 6 yo will be very disappointed!!!! (I can do it while I watch West Wing tonight) Did you know that Halloween has now surpassed Thanksgiving as the second biggest holiday of the year, after Christmas? I guess that means in terms of people buying stuff and decorating and parties and such ...

A thought on candy -- I'm fortunate that we have lots of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood so we get rid of most of our candy. But I've gotten into situations before where we get stuck with a bunch of leftover candy ... Here's an idea: Get something to hand out that you don't like!!! And on Friday, find some way to get rid of the extra candy somehow - take it to the office, give it to some kids' organization, even throw it out!!!!

I say this, but then I got Snickers, which my DH loves, and M&Ms, which my daughter loves ... not so great for them, I guess, but I think I can handle that temptation!

Pen
265/218.5/150ish
Old 10-30-2002, 08:53 AM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

well I've already gone through 1 bag of candy .. and dh and I broke into another bag last night but we needed it after lots of hot sex
Sara is going to be snow white.. she is pretty pumped. I also got "pooh" sickers - atleast I haven't eaten those

Dana
Old 10-30-2002, 08:59 AM   #10  

In, I love Halloween! I love watching my daughter's excitement while she trick or treats. The last couple of years it has been unseasonably warm and the late evening walk was great! This year they are calling for snow, but I won't let that dampen the fun. All of the decorating is done and the pumkins are carved, I'm ready.

Today is my daughter's birthday, this is such a fun time of the year. Hope you all have a great time tomorrow!

Lori
Old 10-30-2002, 11:43 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Totally into.

I don't get trick or treaters ever, but I dress up for the party @ work. This year I am Juliet. Last year I was an angel. The year before that I was the Wicked Witch of the West. The year before that I was Raggedy Ann. Love it!!!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 04:32 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

so so. we have an uncarved pumpkin and some mums on the front porch. i'm well stocked to hand out HANDFULS of candy to the little ones. but no dressing up for me.

i just LOVE giving out candy, though. the more the better!!!! and i buy things with chocolate and peanuts because that combination gives me migraines. it's the only way for me to avoid munching away.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:56 AM   #13  

In,

We have a three year old son who is now at seven am begging to go trick or treating! We will be celebrating tonight! Our friends who live down the block do up their house with great decorations, and music. Our friend Michael dresses up as dracula and plays the pipe organ (they have one in their living room, and he is an amazing musician) and his wife Barbara dresses as a witch to answer the door. They said the teenagers gets scared of him, but the little kids love it. My husband loves Halloween and has been watching horror movies on AMC all week.

So, this is definitely a Halloween house

Enjoy,
Sherry
Old 10-31-2002, 09:45 AM   #14  
Losin It For GOOD!

It's totally in! We've already dressed up TWICE for parties, I'm dressed up today at work, and we are prepared for the onslaught of HUNDREDS of kids tonight. I'll probably stop on my way home AGAIN to get more candy - our next door neighbor is so into it his house has been on the news 3-4 times now! Should be a blast!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:53 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Man, BA, we live in a huge subdivision with a ton of kids, and we got maybe 20 trick or treaters. Daughter went out, since is the last year I'll let her (she's 13) and saw lots of houses with signs saying, "We don't celebrate Halloween here." Life in the Bible Belt...
Closed Thread