Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #217 Bale of Turtles Whooping It Up!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good afternoon, turtles:

Judy - yes, the worst part of my cold is over & I feel much better. Still get alittle tickle in my throat now & then. But I am fine.
Congrats at the scales! That is great - keep it up!

Princess - hope you are staying focussed, I find it so much harder when I am at home. Maybe try having some "point friendly" snacks on hand.

Lauren - nice to see how far you have come. Very inspirational for the rest of us.

Everyone else - hope you are all having a great OP day!

Remember: We can, together
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Afternoon everyone! Finally have some sunshine here today so MIL and I went to Walmart to do some shopping and I treated myself to some new plants for the gardens... just got done putting them in and took a shower... had mud from head to toe =)

Got some bad news last night. My mom called, she had been to the doctor to get the results from the biopsy that they took from the tumor in her kidneys... it is stage 1 cancer but they think that it is totally contained in the kidney and that removal of that organ will take care of it, no chemo or radiation is expected at this point. So while there is bad news there are many blessings also. She goes in for her surgery on July 6th so I will be heading north the day before and will be up there for a few weeks or as long as she needs me.

Doing well with my food today, I have yet to get to Trader Joes to pick up some things that I need to try Judy's plan but am eager to try it so will try and get there tomorrow.

I have to run but take care everyone! I am hoping to get on line later tonight to do some catch up with individual posts.
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #4  
Chick

Bandit, you're right! We can do this together. I remember so many times in the past I'd get down and say, "What's going on? I do not want to maintain at over 200#." When that happened there was always at least one turtle who would be making a leap of faith and trying new things (specifically Lauren and the home delivery system and Bandit with joining TOPS) and they lost weight! That made me realize that I had to find something that worked so that I could lose weight too. Honestly, without you guys I don't know that I could have stayed with WW's this long. Now we have such enthusiastic and successful new members with wonderful tips to share and this group has simply gotten better and better.

Princess, so sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm sending you and her prayers. It's very good that you'll be able to visit and help her recover. You will be a Godsend to her.

Hey guys--here's something that I can't try right now, but a leader at our WW mtg. makes this for a sustainable breakfast. I hope someone will try it out and let us know how it tastes. It's only going to work if you like pumpkin:

Oatmeal w/filling pumpkin
Mix 1/2 cup 1minute oatmeal
1 cup water
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 t. cinnamon
Nuke in microwave.
It's supposed to taste like pumpkin pie--somehow I doubt that, but I do think that it might be tasty. The points are whatever your oatmeal points out to--probably 2pts. for this size serving. Of course we're talking pumpkin puree in a can--not pumpkin pie filling! LOL

Okay, that's what I've got to say. Crazy day today but I think I did okay with food . Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on. I've got my July 4th. goal in mind!!
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 thinner and onto the 30# down goal!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #5  

Morning, turtles:

Princess - sorry about your mom, here's hoping for the best.

Judy - your breakfast recipe sounds good, I like all the ingredients & that is something I can make at work - thanks.

I was down .75 last night at Tops. We have 1 more official meeting before summer programme starts & that is basically a weigh in only. But leader said we will probably have a couple of more casual meetings 2 times/month so we don't all lose focus. I know for me I need to be accountable every week for success.

It is raining like crazy up here & suppose to continue until Sunday, so that doesn't impress me. I was planning on going to trailer, but would prefer to stay home if it is raining - at least there I can get some house chores done.
And do my indoor walking/swimming. I need to clean out my closets as well.
I am starting to get quite a few things that are too baggy to keep wearing.
Which is a good thing!

Lets all have a great day & stay positive and on track.

GO TURTLES!!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, : here's to another weight loss! Yay! I'm with you that it's important to be accountable to the scale. It keeps us going. I know when I have a tough week in the past, I would WI at the front desk so I wouldn't have to face my leader.

Raining like crazy here too. I think I'll go do my toning tape from WW's.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 for 30# down and getting closer to onederland

Last edited by Itryharder; 06-18-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #7  

Raining cats and dogs here too! Ugh.

Bandit: Great job on the loss... you really are doing great! House chores... that is what I live for these days... LOL, not much else to do =)

Judy: I agree about the maintaining, well said.

Well, our lights are flickering here so I had better get off and shut down. Today is house cleaning day so lots to do.

Thanks for all of the well wishes for my mom, I think that over all she will be fine. Her age is what concerns me with the whole thing, takes longer to recover, the emotional aspect is hard on her also. But I am blessed to be off from work right now so I can be there to help without worrying about dealing with a employer.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #8  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Lost as usuall

Well ya did it to me again, ya hopped to 17 and I was left behind. I gotta learn how to hop on the bus.

Anyway...

Princess: Rain, Rain go away come again some other day. So sorry to hear about your Mom. Glad no chemo, That is the worst.

Judy: Better pass out the umbrellas. Pumpkin oatmeal, I've had it, love it just have trouble useing the whole can of opened pumpkin. I am to scattered to eat the same thing in a row. Hey 3# last week, too cool.

Bandit: ya better go on a shopping spree and buy some new form fitting cloths, no wait...you better buy tight cloths cuz your just going to grow out of them in no time.

Lady: I hear " Back in the Saddle Again" playing softly in the background. Did you forget to send us all a post card signed by Terry Fator. Hey I just found a 5/10K in Temecula in September and the Susan G. Komen 5K is in October in Temecula as well. Are you interested? I am trying to get the girls to do both, but don't know yet.

I found myself stranded in the restroom the other day (long story) and all these reading materials had been pulled out of the cupboard, because we are slowly packing to move. I came across Bob Greene's book. I recognized it. I remembered picking it up at a yard sale years ago. I know I read a little of it because there were marks on a quiz he has you take to see if your ready for Weight Loss. Well I read the first couple of chapters and decide to take the silly quiz. Two things popped out (more then the others)

#3 Do you frequently use excuses to get yourself
out of doing what it takes to reach your goals?

Greene goes on to explain how he has become intolerant of excuses. And tells about what he calls "chronic excuse syndrome". He won't work with a client if during their initial consultation he hears three or more excuses.
I don't have time
I don't like to sweat
My family would never eat that
I'll start on Monday
I have asthma
I can't afford a gym membership

#7 Are you afraid of change?
We like our comfort zone, and change takes out of that. It usually requires you to overcome fear. Fear of change can be paralyzing. *Many use their excess weight as an armor against change.

Well if you remember, I am still stranded in the restroom...ironically right next to a full length mirror. It hits me. That's me. I use my "armor" to protect me from my goals. After all nobody expects much from a 300lbs water buffalo, Right. If I can't control what I stuff in my mouth then how can I ever___________fill in the blank.

Now that I have been getting all this attention at work from my weight loss, I have been very upset. At first I thought it was because I didn't want to get trapped into thinking I am loosing weight for "them". But that wasn't it. I was not used to attention. People over look you. They are disgusted with you. They don't know how to deal with you.

So I guess I can't let my size hold me back #3.
And I have to find a new "armor" to hide behind #7.

I have been thinking a lot about that. And the other thing I am worring about is what if I don't keep this weight off. I can't do this all over again. I am a lazy person. I don't want to exercise 4 times a day for 6 days a week. The weight has just come off quickly and I can't really say I have worked at it.

It is working though, I guess I lost 4 pounds last Night.
We are doing this new sticker thing in little pocket calendars.
If you stay within your points you get a sticker.
Whoever gets the most stickers at the end of the month gets a gift cirtificate. If there is a tye then it comes down to who has lost the most weight. I seem to be very competive (driven) at this.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #9  
Chick

MsMeri, oh my goodness! Another 4# down! You are doing wonderfully well. Weigh to go! :

By the way, I am the one who usually opens the next thread for our group. When I see we're getting "long", I try to make mine the last post and I try to write the number of the next thread and what its title will be. That is a clue that we're moving on. We'd *never* leave you behind. You've become so important to us!!!!!

Okay, had another good day and although it's raining here I'm still OP and doing well.

Good luck to everyone. Keep on drinking that water and most important, keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 and close to 30# down!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #10  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink New threads

ya I kinda of figure it out when I stop getting e mails that someone has posted. See I subscribe to witch ever number, then when you all jump I take a couple of days to remember to come check in.

Is there a better way of keeping up?
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #11  

Evening everyone and happy Saturday! Went to W/I this morning but was not in time to catch a meeting, the good news is I was down 1.2 and I will take that and be very glad for it! Went for a walk with DH and the dogs this evening, only a bit over a mile but it is so hot and a couple of our dogs are old and that was about all we could manage with them but they loved it and so did we.

meri: You go girl! Wow you are just melting away!

Judy: How are you doing? any plans for this weekend?

Bandit: What is new with you? Any plans this weekend? It is harder to stay focused at home all day, and I have lots of fruit in stock so that is easy for me. I stayed super busy this week and it really helped!

Lauren: How are you doing?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #12  

Morning, ladies:

Well, it is suppose to be hot & sunny up here today so I am heading to my trailer & meeting my gf there for dinner. Hoping to get in a sun day today - these white legs are not pretty. And we all know the sun isn't good for you, but I feel so much better with a tan & will use my sunblock as well.

Yesterday it rained all day, so don't have to water flowers - that is about the only bonus with the rain. No use complaining, though.

My eating hasn't been great the last few days, so have to get back on track.

Planning on light lunch and big salad with chicken & strawberries for dessert.
So that is fairly light as well.

Then Monday again - new week, new start!

Lets do it!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wow Princess, you did great! Keep up the good work. Keeping busy is the ticket. :

Bandit, you're smart to get yourself right back on track. WEigh to go with planning a nice light lunch.

I'm busy this weekend. Yesterday my daughter celebrated her 40th. birthday party. She is a character and a lot of fun, so figured the perfect spot to have a party was a bowling alley. I bowled for the first time in over thirty years and bowled 7 straight gutter balls before I even knocked down one pin. It was so much fun and hysterical! She had pizza for us, but I had had a huge salad with salmon on it before I left for the party and I didn't eat the pizza. Yay! Then we ended back at my grand niece's house where she had decorated and had loads of snacks. That was trickier and I wasn't perfect, but since she also had veggies and fruit it wasn't a disaster. All in all it was a good day foodwise and a wonderful day people wise. Today we have unexpected company since my dd and her dh stayed overnight. I'll be right back on my eating plan, and I'll figure out something to serve them as the day goes along. Then tomorrow my woman's group is having our annual dinner. I'll drink a shake before I go and eat very moderately at the party. It should be fun as long as I'm confident about the food.
You all take care and be well and happy. By the way, I also have a non-scale moment to share. My pants are getting too big. Although I've only lost an additional 6 pounds recently my measurements have changed. I just bought a pair of size 18 jeans and they fit perfectly! First time I've been out of size 20 in ages!!!! for me.

Chrily honey, how are you doing?
Lady, how are you?
MsMeri, what stats you have. Whew! Weigh to go!
Lauren, how are those "Lauren" jeans feeling?

Good luck, don't let the rain/heat get you down and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and closer to 30# down.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #14  

Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! Rainy day here but we had a nice weekend, it was very hot but mostly sunny. Fathers day was nice, had the family over and made a nice supper, it was not very points friendly but it was what DH wanted and it was his day after all... LOL. He got some nice presents and it was great to hang out with the kids.

TOM arrived, ugh! But even though I ate more then I should have over the weekend I am determined to eat my daily points allowance this week and get out for some walks and hopefully the gain will be minimal for W/I on Saturday.

Bandit: I know what you mean about the white legs...LOL. I have them too and even though I am not looking good in shorts right now I have been wearing them while working in the garden to try and get a tan going.

Judy: Have a great time with your womens group today and stay strong... you can do it!

Meri: Your stats are amazing! Great job, you are an inspiration to us all!

All: Hope everyone is doing well!

Princess
Old 06-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #15  

Good afternoon, ladies:

Judy - You are really doing great on this plan & you really sound focussed, motivated & inspired. I am soooooo happy for you & it really makes me want to smarten up. Thanks! Nice job on the jeans - that is truly exciting.

Princess - glad you enjoyed your fathers day festivities & are back on track.
I also am not expecting a loss at scales this week. Too bad, but when I over indulge that is what I can expect. Hopefully we won't do too bad. Good luck!

Msmeri - as Princess said, your stats are amazing. Keep it going, girl!

Everyone else - hope you are all staying OP.

Sometimes, it is just so hard to stick to things everyday. But even though we sometimes lose our way as along as we find our way back to our plan & all you members, we will be successful.

Together, we can