Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/209/140

Height: 5'3

Default newbie with questions

I was wondering if anyone has some tips that they wish they knew when you first started the plan. Just thought someone may have tips that might help me. Thanks.
Mawmaw to 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Try this thread. It has a lot of good information on it, advice and questions for newbies. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143457
Check out the recipe thread for good recipes. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131391
Any questions, feel free to join in on the MRC take 36 thread and we will do our best to answer.
Best advice, drink your water, stay on plan and have patience with yourself and others. It is not an easy diet but it works. Your body will change, people will start to treat you different and you may have to deal with emotional baggage that you covered up with food.

You and I are at about the same starting place and goal and while you have an inch on me height wise, close there as well. I have lost 17.5 pounds and started preconditioning on 5/9 and the plan on 5/18. You can do this!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #3  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

If you haven't already, start cutting back on your carbs and salt now. That will lesson the carb withdrawals, the longer time you have to cut back. Also, cut the caffiene back now. If you get where you don't feel you need it before you start the diet, it's one less stresser to deal with while you're trying to focus on the diet. I quit caffeine and smoking just a month or two before I started the diet and my carb withdrawals were the only thing I had to deal with and that was just the first few days of the menu. Then it was easy. Start your daily multivitamin now and buy your flax oil from the store not from them. It's MUCH cheaper that way. Don't fall for all the pills they try to push on you. I did it with the bare minimum 2 drinks per day, flax and multi. I think I'd'a lost faster if I cld afford to do more than 2 drinks per day like recommended but it's not necessary. Don't add all the pills at once. If something's recommended, try it one at a time for a period of time that way you know which pills are working for you and which pills dont so you're not paying for and putting things in your body that are not beneficial to you in any way.

Definitely check out the noob thread - I learned a lot there and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some very smart ladies here willing to answer what they can and if the center people are contradicting each other *not on the same page* then feel free to go up the ladder and ask the mgr so they're aware they need to get their people on the same page as well.

GOOD LUCK!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
If you haven't already, start cutting back on your carbs and salt now. That will lesson the carb withdrawals, the longer time you have to cut back. Also, cut the caffiene back now. If you get where you don't feel you need it before you start the diet, it's one less stresser to deal with while you're trying to focus on the diet. I quit caffeine and smoking just a month or two before I started the diet and my carb withdrawals were the only thing I had to deal with and that was just the first few days of the menu. Then it was easy. Start your daily multivitamin now and buy your flax oil from the store not from them. It's MUCH cheaper that way. Don't fall for all the pills they try to push on you. I did it with the bare minimum 2 drinks per day, flax and multi. I think I'd'a lost faster if I cld afford to do more than 2 drinks per day like recommended but it's not necessary. Don't add all the pills at once. If something's recommended, try it one at a time for a period of time that way you know which pills are working for you and which pills dont so you're not paying for and putting things in your body that are not beneficial to you in any way.

Definitely check out the noob thread - I learned a lot there and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some very smart ladies here willing to answer what they can and if the center people are contradicting each other *not on the same page* then feel free to go up the ladder and ask the mgr so they're aware they need to get their people on the same page as well.

GOOD LUCK!
Connie....thank you...these were very, very good points....I think it is so important to discuss problems we have at our own centers and bring them to the forefront here, like you did. I think many of the centers may be different and being told different things...this way we can keep them all legit!!! You have done remarkable, and I feel so bad for the way you have been treated by your center. This should not have happened.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #5  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

I couldn't agree more but I'm getting awesome support and information here and I know I couldn't have finished it without the people at this site. One of the lackeys usually calls me on Wednesdays to make sure I'm coming in on Thursdays because I switched just once weekly without notifying them so I'm curious to see whether they'll call. I doubt it though since my paid for time was up Friday. *shrug*

I really wish you great luck. The plan works even if you have an offplan mistake once in a while. It works with every body differently and the plateaus are just awful but you can get through them because everyone here has been through them too and made it!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/140

Height: 5'3

The tips and links are great with lots of helpful information. Thank you all who replied they are very much appreciated.
Mawmaw to 2 is offline   Reply With Quote