Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #1  

Default I MADE IT!! Finally at goal!

Well all, after months of hard work mainly running, riding bike and of course eating well I finally made my goal!!! I have not weighed for the past few days so I could have been there for a bit longer than today. I was pretty happy jumping on the scale this morning!! I have all my 40-something buddies to thank for motivating me enough to keep going when the going got tough! Plus just reading a lot of the other forums here has helped as well. Thought I would post some pics of my journey.

This first one is from February 2004 before I gained the weight for some reference. It is me with my Toy Poodle. I remember that shirt was a small.

This next one was in September 2004 when I started to gain some weight. My foot was bothering me and I hadn't had surgery yet to fix the problem which actually made it worse once I did have the surgery and impossible for me to exercise which is key for me to be thin. I was in the high 120's here. That is too big for my frame. I am very small boned.

This one was the following year and my face, arms and legs were filling out. This picture was taken on Mother's Day and I am on the left with my shorter bleached blond hair. I had the surgery the following December. I think I must have been in the 130's here.

Here I am in 2007 after a half-hearted attempt at losing the weight. I still was not where I wanted to be. I believe I was in the high 120's there once again.

Fast forward to 2008 when I decided to make a change since I turned 40 and my mid-life crisis hit which in turn made me want to be healthier and more fit again. I had gained mostly from my hypothyroid that was diagnosed at the end of 2007 and not being able to exercise much from foot and knee issues. Funny thing is I have no pics of me at my high weight in the 140's. I guess that is common to not want any pics taken when you look your worst. Here I am in the only picture I could find of me in October of that year with my daughter taking off in the car that is my namesake for here. You can sort of see the puffiness in my face if you look close enough. I sure couldn't drive my convertible with the top down looking like that, LOL!

Now once again fast forward to today. Here I am in that same dress from Mother's Day 2005. Then it was very tight. Today it is quite loose as I should have the next size down.

Another shot from today after church with the dress gone and in my comfy clothes with my hair up:

Sure feels good to be back at the weight I am used to being and being able to exercise now like I know I should for my health and fitness. I used to walk for fitness which I can't do now. I started by biking for my sore feet and knees and built up the muscles supporting the knee joint. Once I did that I started jogging slowly. I have found that running does not hurt me like walking fast does. I step lighter with it. I am glad as the weight got off and stays off easier with running. I still bike some too. I hope I can keep it up as far as keeping the weight at bay for years to come! Good luck on your journey everyone!! If I can do it with my low thyroid plus foot and knee issues, then anybody can!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations ! You look great !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #3  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

You are looking good kiddo!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Wow, You look amazing! Good for you for being so motivated to be healthy and fit, it suits you very well!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to maintenance!!!!

You deserve to celebrate - you look wonderful!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #6  

Congratulations! You look wonderful and I'm so happy you feel that way too.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4.5

woohoo sounds like you've been working your booty off congrats!
losingitbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #8  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Wow! That is great! You give me hope because I have foot and joint issues and have recently been put on two meds for low thyroid and I don't ever take medicine for anything chronic. I am glad you wrote that you started biking first. I am going to bike and I hope it helps too.

Thank you for sharing!!! I hope I can continue to lose and also hit my goal!

Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

WOW, great job, you look absolutely stunning!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Congrats, you look wonderful!!!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations! Awesome job.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #12  

Congratulations!
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Beemer! Glad you shared with the whole forum on the Goals folder! This is where I always come when I'm slipping a bit - and having your story here is yet another testament to the power of community. Well done!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Beemer, you look fantastic! The fitness you've attained has taken years off your appearance. Surely, you are feeling wonderful

Thanks so much for sharing about your journey. I can readily identify! Your results are truly inspiring!

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Woo-hoo, Beemer! Way to go! You look wonderful and what an inspiring story!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote