Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Monday Morning to you all!!! Today is the first day of my vacation. Not much of a vacation home alone with 6 kids but i am getting ready to put them to work so we will see.

I lost 1.9 pounds so i am happy about that it was not a good week for food choices so I am glad it showed a loss.

hope everyone has a great monday!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #4  
Amy

My original WI day was Monday, but I am thinking of switching to Tuesday so that I have Monday to detox! Weekends are really tough for me.

My father in law had a quadruple bypass this past week, so between hospital trips and watching the grandkids, I haven't been POP. I've gotten my water in and more each day and managed to exercise 5 days. I lost 2.5 lbs, so that is good!

Have a great day guys!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Amy - sorry to hear about your FIL, hope everything went ok...

AmyM - Good luck with getting 6 kids to "help", maybe you're better at it than I am, but I swear mine laugh at me when I give them stuff to do...

My oldest son has been asking to go walking with me and I promised him that we would go this weekend, so after Saturday passed and then Sunday came and went, we were out there walking at 9pm last night... I felt so good that we actually got it in after the food weekend that I had!!!

We have 2 days of funeral stuff starting today, (my DH's uncle passed last week) so the food outlook doesn't look good there either and I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to be able to exercise!!! Oh well, I'll pick it up again on Wednesday and just work hard the rest of the week...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Hi all! I spent the weekend at my parents....and something about being there makes me want to eat all the time lol...but with the exception of a couple things I did pretty good! I may not be POP on the weekends yet but I am definitely getting better. I am counting the points and being aware of how much I take in on the weekends now and I now know why I gained so much on weekends before! lol
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Good morning everyone. Well I gained a few pounds over the weekend. I felt just terrible about it when I got on the scale this morning.
Today I have my little food notebook with me and I am going to write down every single thing that goes in my mouth. I am back on the plan! I am going to Vegas for four days the middle of July and I would love to shop but I really want to get down one size. My goal is to be a size 10 before I leave.I have 3 weeks to get to my goal. I need to exercise a minimum of 3 days a week.
Today is a new day!!!...
I find it really hard to keep on track now that I don't go to a centre and weigh in but you guys are all going to be my motivation okay? Thanks!!!
Have a great Monday!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

hello all..this week is going to be a rough one for me. DH is doing army stuff again all this week, but will be gone from 7am-9pm every day. which means its just me and baby X...with no breaks. gosh i hope that she cuts me some slack. ha. she is sleeping longer now, between 4-5hrs at a time. of course i have to hold her to get her to fall asleep in the first place, but once she's out, it's a good thing!

ok, gonna finish eating my veggie lentil soup and then hope to squeeze a workout in yet today!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #9  

Hi everyone Well here's the deal. My doctor and my naturopath have both recommended a low carb diet because of some medical issues I am having. And I've started to see improvement within days of cutting out the starches and sugars. So I think they're right and it's the best thing for me. And I lost 4 pounds this past week - I'm losing weight, I'm not hungry all the time, I have more energy, and the skin rashes I had are almost clear...I can't complain. Hubby is still on LAWL red plan and doing fine. Anyway, I really like the level of support in this forum and since I'm still responsible for feeding someone who is actively on an LAWL program I hope you won't mind if I continue to hang out here?

I did something new and good for me over the weekend. I went to a party Saturday and I made and took some chocolate banana bread for others to enjoy (I hear it was very good), but I also fixed a big veggie tray with some dip so I would be sure there was something I could eat. It had zucchini slices, red green and yellow pepper sticks, and celery sticks, along with some baby carrots (those were for others - not on my plan at this time, but I may be able to add it back in later). I figured being prepared was the best way for me to avoid temptation, and it worked. It turned out someone brought shredded pork and they had BBQ sauce on the side for those who wanted, so I just had the plain pork and veggies. It was delicious, and I didn't derail myself like I normally would at parties which is definitely a new experience for me! I will eventually be expanding the variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts and legumes I have in my diet but may never be able to add some things such as sweets, pasta, bread and potatoes back into my diet. The pasta is the hardest part for me, so I'm going to try making myself some spaghetti squash with the Progresso white clam sauce (love that stuff) and see how that turns out....if that works I think we may have something I can live with.

Amy/Mommyofsix - congrats on the 1.9 pound loss! You're making great progress. (And by the way, I absolutely hated it when my mom was on vacation and would put us to work...I figured if she was on vacation then we all should be on vacation )

Amy/JerseyMadchen - congrats on the 2.5 pound loss! It's always a stressful time when a family member is having such a serious surgery so it's even more impressive that you did so well under those circumstances. Hope your FIL has a speedy recovery.

Julie/jewljz - that is very cool that your oldest son wants to go walking with you! And sorry about your DH's uncle passing. Funerals are definitely a hard time to exercise and stay POP, but I'm sure you'll be right back on track afterwards.

Kristinx - becoming more aware of our behaviors and the things that trigger our overeating is a very important step and I think it's wonderful that you're continuing to do better. Keep up the good work!

Joan/Hoochie - Sounds like you will be in Vegas a couple weeks before we are there. Carrying your notebook with you and logging your food intake is a great way to get back on track and your goal of being a size smaller by Vegas is definitely within your reach if you stay on plan!

Jillian/JLem311 - Hope you are able to get a little rest and relaxation while your hubby is out doing army stuff. I was a military wife for 20 years and I remember how hard it was at times - hang in there!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

Feeling kind of blah so far this week.. Think we overdid it this past weekend with Father's day stuff and a birthday party...

Back on the wagon this week... I promise!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!
Suzanne, I really do like the spaghetti squash for spaghetti! I have made it with stewed tomatoes and ground turkey and a whole lot of oregano and garlic and it is delish. I don't know if the stewed tomatoes are OK with your low carb plan. I'd like it if you told us how you are doing with your low carb plan. I'm always interested to hear what works for others and why they think it does. Since in the end we all have tailor any diet to ourselves and our own personal situations.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Okay. This week? We're going on a diet. All of us. But this is a diet of a different kind. We're going to regulate the habit of unhappiness.

I copied and pasted this from twitter.........from John Mayer......I just loved it and wanted to share it with you
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #13  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Okay. This week? We're going on a diet. All of us. But this is a diet of a different kind. We're going to regulate the habit of unhappiness.

I copied and pasted this from twitter.........from John Mayer......I just loved it and wanted to share it with you
XOXO
thanks for sharing that nicole--very awesome!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #14  
WonderWoman

ok, so i have the best news! BABY X SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE NIGHT!
yay!
we put her down at 10pm and she woke up at 6am. i set my alarm for 5am so i could get a workout in and she was still sleeping then! awesome, huh?
so my workout and shower are done for the day. yay!

just so excited about that, i had to share!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #15  
Amy

Hey guys!

I guess now that school is out and it's summer it's going to get pretty slow in here!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote