View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #5

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, I've been on my weight loss strategy for five months. I didn't weigh in for the first four and I only started measuring in the third month. I had tons of various sized clothes that I used as my guide to moving forward. I read that successful health improvements include increasing bone density, increasing muscle, and such. These can make you seem to not lose weight. So, I didn't want to use weight loss only. One thing that's important to me, though, is actual loss of weight. Improvement of appearance has been a great bonus, but my main goal is reduction of weight because of the severe pain in my knees and ankles. I've seen a huge improvement to the pain and I've lost a lot of weight. I'm going to continue to lose to allow me to actually carry something more than a light purse without making my weight go towards the pain thresholds again.

As for low metabolism, I was very careful to eat throughout the day, get my eight or so hours, keep stress down, and really carefully watch calories. For me, if I'm only "eye-balling" the food I eat and not measuring/writing down, then it's like asking the fox to watch the hen house. I'm not the "best judge" when left alone.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote